Wes Welker still available. Who wants him?

Welker has had the pleasure of catching passes that split the numbers for the majority of his career. If he's on a team with a QB who is not as accurate as Brady/Manning, he will be horrible, in my opinion.

Why should they force him to retire? He is well aware of the risks of concussions. If he chooses to continue to play, that's on him.

Right up until somebody can prove diminished capacity, then it will be on.

Right up until somebody can prove diminished capacity, then it will be on.

Oh, you're just so Cynical!

(And yeah, they'll still probably try to wiggle their way into some more money somehow, despite all the warnings.)

No need, he'd be a good fit maybe in Carolina. They have those 2 monsters on the outside plus Olsen. Welker working the slot would be a nice addition (assuming that he has ANYTHING left).

That is a good call.

I'm not sure they're all that similar. Welker has had 5 individual seasons in which he had more catches than Beasley has in his career.

They have a very similar size and playing style from what I've seen. It's a little harder to get touches on the ball in Dallas with Witten, Bryant, Williams, and whatever RB they have on the field. :thumbsup:

Any GM who signs a player who is already very likely to suffer lifelong affects of head trauma is a scumbag. In my personal opinion, that is. Winning isn't that important.

http://buf.247sports.com/Article/Best-remaining-offensive-NFL-free-agents-37444686

They briefly mentioned Wes Welker to the Bills? IMO he's too old, expensive, and would not nearly be the threat with Buffalo that he's been in Den/NE with a pin-point accurate QB.

Old, overpriced. . .we have HArvin and Hogan for the slot and Woods/Watkins on the ends with Clay/O'Leary at TE. For the first time in a long time, I can say the Bills do not need receivers of any kind.

They have no power to (force him to retire -sdh)

Is this really true? Don't players have to be medically cleared? If neuropsychological evaluation isn't part of medical clearance, including assessment of # of career concussions, it really should be and I don't think that should require a lot of fol-de-rol to implement.

Edit: I mean, cripes, we have HS players who stop playing because they've had several concussions and it's considered too much of a risk. Not just football, volleyball and basketball and stuff.

Edited by Hopeful

Any GM who signs a player who is already very likely to suffer lifelong affects of head trauma is a scumbag. In my personal opinion, that is. Winning isn't that important.

...so Whaley is a scumbag for signing Kevin Kolb

Is this really true? Don't players have to be medically cleared? If neuropsychological evaluation isn't part of medical clearance, including assessment of # of career concussions, it really should be and I don't think that should require a lot of fol-de-rol to implement.

Edit: I mean, cripes, we have HS players who stop playing because they've had several concussions and it's considered too much of a risk. Not just football, volleyball and basketball and stuff.

The poster didn't even mention medical clearance, just for the League to toss him out. If he passes (and he most certainly would right now, I'm guessing), there is no way they could just ban him from the league. That was my point. If he is deemed fit, he can't be banned or blocked based on his previous history. There is no way to quantify head injuries. All data seem to suggest that CTE is the cumulative effect of counteless "sub concussive" blows.

The NFLPA would never agree to a "concussion count leading to a ban.