Hows the memorial weekend going ?

Lots of landscaping,mulch,flowers,garden work ,gravesites and mowing to deal with. But its all good. Hope your weekend goes good. Time to remember and honor the past.

You need to either do one one of the following

1) get a smaller lot

2) go more natural landscape

3) make more money and hire someone to do this stuff

Seems like you spend every free moment doing yard work LOL

Lots of landscaping,mulch,flowers,garden work ,gravesites and mowing to deal with. But its all good. Hope your weekend goes good. Time to remember and honor the past.

true that. Happy memorial day to all. We have multiple grad parties and such. Good times and great weather.

Waiting for the wind to go down so I can go out in the boat and fish; then some plants go in the ground for the season, help around the cottage, do some sun-soaking on the deck and waving at the gawkers. Unfortunately, the Yankee fan in the house will watch the game this evening while I do some reading....

Happy holiday y'all!

Knocked out the lower control arms on dad's car yesterday. The job went surprisingly smoothly. Then we had a barbecue with some friends of mine and friends of my son.

We got something like 6 inches of rain between the hours of 5:00 and 10:00. It was really cool partying out on the patio throughout it all. Swimming and hot-tubbing in the downpour was a blast! Then one buddy broke out some pretty big fireworks, which we lit off in the middle of the downpour as well. All in all, it made for quite a memorable evening.

Rebuilding the front door. Took it apart yesterday and got the materials (yeah, that's in reverse order...but I needed to see how many surprises were in store for me before I went to Lowes).

Now I have a ****-ton of custom millwork to do...and have a nasty sinus infection, so I don't want to do any of it. Still...needs must, and I need a door.

76 degrees, overcast and hit and miss rain, downpours... @ work, not that many boats, but swinging the gates every half hour for the pleasure boaters out there... Had one tow w/6 barges... 9,600 tons of product heading south... No petrol-chem so I could lock the PC w/them... No angry patrons waiting today... :-)

Hey Keuka... You have to come here... Smallies are heating up, some of the best MidWest smallies can be found here. They love "structure" that construction of our lock has! AND, they simply adore the round goby! They gobble them up like mad! :-)

golf and ufc yesterday. Painted the entryway to house, installed new OTR microwave, and fixed some roof tiles today. and more golf and a family BBQ tomorrow.

And a quick thank you to all members of the military, past and present. THANK YOU!!!

Sounds great to me! Wind and too many holiday boaters are kicking things up here in terms of some quiet fishing....

Enjoy the rest of the holiday, Eric!

Same here! Sun coming out now, rainbow to the east!

golf and ufc yesterday. Painted the entryway to house, installed new OTR microwave, and fixed some roof tiles today. and more golf and a family BBQ tomorrow.

And a quick thank you to all members of the military, past and present. THANK YOU!!!

That OTR micro... Did you put it on a dedicated circuit? I replaced mine a few years ago and used it as an opportunity to do what the builder screwed up. The old micro was tied into another circuit! My wife would nuke coffee in the morning, blow dry and curling iron would trip the breaker! LoL... I put the new one (has convection oven too) onto a seperate 20A circuit... No more morning drama! LoL... ;-)

Just did some chicken quarters marinated in Dinasaur BBQ Mojito marinade (highly recommended). Grilled Rosemary corn, and a kale and spinach salad with toasted walnuts, goat cheese, and a homemade citrus/tarragon vinaigrette. Took the family out for ice cream, and put my daughter down to bed. Now I'm going to play Mario Cart on the Wii with my Son. What a great day! Beautiful weather.

You need to either do one one of the following

1) get a smaller lot

2) go more natural landscape

3) make more money and hire someone to do this stuff

Seems like you spend every free moment doing yard work LOL

Yeah but it keeps me younger looking than the coach potatoes,old blue hairs. ha. I did drink a few beers at my sons house last night. Working on my international diesel tractor today and garden. Have a goodone.

Flowers planted.

Veggies planted.

Cookout with boneless thighs, hot italian sausages, medium rare 85% burgers with hickory smoked bacon.

First campfire of the year.

Honestly couldn't be a better weekend. Only bummer is my son is still sleeping, so we missed the parade. But not a big deal.

Hope everyone else is having a great weekend, too.