Is the Flutie Curse over with?

well agai you ignore the body of work in a game where doug "went off" offensively. then compare the last plays, while ignoring the real goats of the game, Reed, Moulds. Then you ignore RJs pathetic stats and give him credit for moving the ball 30 yards against a prevent in a game they should have dominated if not for his sacks and lack of play making. So its the ultimate in hypocracy, did you blame Norwood too for sb 25? or did the defense play any part in that?

I dare you to post rjs stats in that game vs fluties the year before. side by side. then still blame Flutie and give Johnson a pass[/quotflutie threw a 2nd quarter int in the red zone and fumbled the ball away in the red zone to end the game stats don't mean a pinch when you lose

So you want to compare Rob Johnson's stats in one game (which we were winning as time expired) to Doug Flutie's stats for the entire previous year.

What, pray tell, would one prove with such an odd comparison?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you want to compare Rob Johnson's stats in one game (which we were winning as time expired) to Doug Flutie's stats for the entire previous year.

What, pray tell, would one prove with such an odd comparison?

i am not a rocket surgerist, but i think he means the stats from Dude in the titans playoff game vs the stats from Flutes in the dolphin playoff game. Or perhaps we could compile their stats quarter by quarter and look for trends.....not trends edwards.

Edited by Garranimal

All I'm saying is stats don't mean squat unless you're holding the trophie when the season is over, I know Flutie was far better than Johnson I never said he wasn't and I'm also saying Flutie lost in the playoffs with Bills not Flutie alone the year before the Titans game

Edited by Little Dog

Of course they didn't suck neither did Flutie, for all these years I keep having people telling how Flutie would have won the Titan game but they never bring up the fact that he was on the losing end in the playoffs the year before

well agai you ignore the body of work in a game where doug "went off" offensively. then compare the last plays, while ignoring the real goats of the game, Reed, Moulds. Then you ignore RJs pathetic stats and give him credit for moving the ball 30 yards against a prevent in a game they should have dominated if not for his sacks and lack of play making. So its the ultimate in hypocracy, did you blame Norwood too for sb 25? or did the defense play any part in that?

I dare you to post rjs stats in that game vs fluties the year before. side by side. then still blame Flutie and give Johnson a pass

Wow, talk about irony ...

Then you have the audacity to blame Reed and Moulds (the "real goats"). Why? Because they both fumbled.

Yet, you ignore Flutie turning the ball over 3 times by himself.

1 TD, 3 Turnovers. That's reality. That is a piss poor ratio. That is a game losing ratio.

Here's a coincidence. Fluties best year in the NFL just so happens to take place during one of the most horrendous years

of officiating in the NFL.

i am not a rocket surgerist, but i think he means the stats from Dude in the titans playoff game vs the stats from Flutes in the dolphin playoff game. Or perhaps we could compile their stats quarter by quarter and look for trends.....not trends edwards.

I see what you did there :doh:

I believe there is a rumor Belicheck has secret cameras in RWS and found Flutie digging up the Greg Brady tiki from the 50 yard line removing the curse. Thank god we had one good thing from the ultra secret spy gate. :worthy:

BTW- If you don't understand the Greg Brady reference, your under 45 and did not watch the Brady Bunch with the Hawaii special and the tiki curse. Anyone remember the tiki's name? (Hint, it was Vincent Price's friend)

We'll see how many old guys are on this board.

I'll say it. Had Flutie played vs Titans we would have won going away.

Most people it seems have forgotten that RJ fumbled out of the back of the EZ for a saf!ety. Then we punted to them and they scored the only TD they got that day. Nothing fires a team and home playoff crowd like a safety.

No way Flutie does that.

Flutie plays, we win regardless of what happened in Miami the year before.

I'll use your logic if Rob Johnson would have played in the play off game the year before against Miami he would not have thrown an int in the red zone and fumbled the ball on the last play of the game, Buffalo would have won that game and the superbowl as well

Besides, we all know the real culprit here as far as curses go.

Billy%20the%20Buffalo.jpg

I agree on the curse and would participate in a false story just to get Bills to get rid of silly mascot.

I wonder if Billy is an employee or is a 'contract employee'.

little!@#$ingbastard

Translation again: Little just winning bastard

I'll say it. Had Flutie played vs Titans we would have won going away.

Most people it seems have forgotten that RJ fumbled out of the back of the EZ for a saf!ety. Then we punted to them and they scored the only TD they got that day. Nothing fires a team and home playoff crowd like a safety.

No way Flutie does that.

Flutie plays, we win regardless of what happened in Miami the year before.

Flutie take a sack for a safety? Maybe, maybe not. More than likely he would have been too busy coughing up the ball to other team so they can score TD's:

"Doug Flutie sacked by Ray Mickens for -5 yards. Doug Flutie fumbles (forced by Ray Mickens), recovered by Eric Ogbogu at BUF-0, touchdown."

In case you were wondering: 11/21/1999 at the Jets. Interesting enough, the Bills had three turnovers in that game. I just posted one. Care to guess which player(s) did the other two?

Here's a hint: Comp-Att-Yd-TD-INT / 22-40-220-1-2

Yep, another 1 TD / 3 TO game for Flutie. Another game lost.

It was almost 4 turnovers, but the ball bounced out of bounds:

"Doug Flutie up the middle for 23 yards (tackle by Victor Green). Doug Flutie fumbles (forced by Victor Green), ball out of bounds at NYJ-22"

Noticed where the ball was at - The Jets 22. Two plays later, from the Jets 10 yard line, Flutie threw a pick.

You can say that, but you'd be wrong.

This was hashed out 15+ years ago. Let it go. Accept it. Flutie was a mediocre QB at best.

For all of the great plays he did to keep a drive alive, a few plays later, he would do something completely boneheaded,

like force a throw into double/triple coverage while a receiver would be wide open on the other side of the field.