5/13: EJ Manuel Talks Bills' QB Competition

With respect - hundreds of arguments doesn't mean that you are correct when arguing

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/13200/tim-tebow

Timmy has 35 career starts

2011 for his 14 starts alone were horrific

6 INT's and 7 Fumbes w/QBR of 29.2!!!

WRT 14 games is that RE Tebow or EJ?

:worthy:

If you consider one snap at wildcat "starting," he probably does have 35. Anyway, there was no problem claiming Timmy sucks after 2011 because of x reason even though he only played 14 games. Which is why "needing y amount of games" is a case by case and subjective distinction.

Really? Did you know...

Chan Gailey's red zone offense ranking...20th (2010), 11th (2011), 23rd (2012)

Doug Marrone's red zone offense ranking...29th (2013), 30th (2014)

Those numbers don't lie. Your football intelligence is in serious question if your opinion is that you think the Bills had the best coaching staff the last two years since Levy. The one and only reason the Bills have improved over the last two years was because of the incredible talent on defense, that's it. Doug Marrone was the worst head coach this franchise has had since Hank. He was a complete poser who was clearly trying to ride the coattails of an elite defense to try and snag his dream job coaching the Jets. Doug knew that he was in over his head and he coached scared. He coached like a man who was trying not to get exposed as the fraud he was. Just hearing the name Doug Marrone is repulsive to me as a fan of NFL football. I will never have respect for a man who coaches scared. Just look where he is now. Do you think that if Marrone was truly the best head coach the Bills have had since Levy that the only job he'd be able to get is the offensive line coach for the Jaguars? That's foolish. You love to bust EJ's balls as if you know what your talking about, and then think you can get away with comments like these and still have people respect your opinion? I don't pretend know who the starting Bills QB is going to be this year because the QB competition is going to be a real one. However, I don't think you know much about football if you were being serious with that comment.

Have you seen their W/L percentages?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you consider one snap at wildcat "starting," he probably does have 35. Anyway, there was no problem claiming Timmy sucks after 2011 because of x reason even though he only played 14 games. Which is why "needing y amount of games" is a case by case and subjective distinction.

did you even look at the stats? 23 games played in Denver and yes 12 in NJ in the WC

the majority of his playing time was 2011 and I painted that picture already

I would love to see how different EJ plays compared to last season now that the new coaching staff has "taken the reigns" off of him

CBF

I have a feeling we're in for some drama... new system for all three of the guys, but Cassel and Tyrod have more experience being exposed to different concepts/offensive systems, so it'd be reasonable to expect them to pick up faster. It's gonna be a mess if EJ shows even the slightest struggle right away :sick:

Edited by Dorkington

did you even look at the stats? 23 games played in Denver and yes 12 in NJ in the WC

He wasn't a starting QB for all of those games. Do you consider playing Special Teams and 2 WC snaps as starting QB time? If EJ was on punt team for week 6 last year, would he have 15 starts?

you said he has 35 starts, which is not the truth at all. he has appeared in 35 games total. with less than half being starting qb.

at first then I corrected myself NoSaint

point is his #'s were very poor in the 23 played in Denver and much worse that EJ's #'s

and yet

people wanted him in Buffalo.

were you or Chan one of those?

Try without the brush in your teeth...

not only a Pats* lover but a Tebow lover

2011 for his 14 games played alone were horrific
6 INT's and 7 Fumbles w/QBR of 29.2 for the season!!!

his 2011 comp % was 46.5%

Jesus this thread escalated quickly...not that I should be surprised.

Seriously people, wait and see. Roman got a functional offense with Alex Smith and an unpolished Kaepernick. Whoever wins, wins. I have hope in EJ's ceiling but I can accept Cassel's floor being higher.

Jesus this thread escalated quickly...not that I should be surprised.

Seriously people, wait and see. Roman got a functional offense with Alex Smith and an unpolished Kaepernick. Whoever wins, wins. I have hope in EJ's ceiling but I can accept Cassel's floor being higher.

because you have 2 or more trolling for a response and getting overwhelming responses

because you have 2 or more trolling for a response and getting overwhelming responses

Well it's either that or the fact that EJ isn't a particularly good QB.

We'll find out this year, won't we?

Or will it be the O Line that is to blame this year? Or the Jills lawsuit perhaps.

So your opinion is uninformed and there's no discussing it with you, because you're just going to put your fingers in your ears and shout "NA NA NA NA NA! I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

You say this like you are new to the concept of the internet chat forum.

But your post count suggests otherwise.

Edited by Stopthepain

That was the plan until this happened.

IcyHonoredArchaeocete.gif

The man they game planed for all week and he throws it right at him.

If only it was an isolated incident...

I believe, This was the final nail in EJs proverbial coffin.

Imo

I find it odd that Vic says Cassel was acquired to replace Orton in the vet backup role, when Orton played over 50% of the season as the starter over every other QB.