Rd 5 pick 155 RB Karlos Williams Florida State

3 RBs sounds like crazy talk.

McCoy, Dixon, Felton, and Karlos are locks.

Freddie gone?

I'm not sure the FB will be counted in this. I suspect that we go with 5 WR, 3TE, 4RB and 1 FB. But it's a really tough decision.

Freddy may be gone but I would hate to see it.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ChrisTrapasso: Karlos certainly fits #Bills / Roman ground and pound philosophy. As he's 6'1" / 230 with 4.48 and is better downhill than moving laterally.

he can block too. Sounds Charles Clay like

The "best player available" strategy doesn't really hold water when you're talking about players and positions when the difference between one guy and another is negligible and highly debatable.

That BPA really means situations like reaching for a QB when a very good lineman is still there. Not taking a backup RB when the team needs Oline and Dline depth.

you are right I'm sure whaley has no idea what the team needs

Not going to pretend to know anything about this guy, but why draft a RB that gets maybe a few carries this year when we have other pressing needs. I don't see the logic.

ST- A straight coaches see something they can improve or fix in his game to make him an ST regular and contributor.

Has speed but only a straight line runner. Doesn't make defenders miss nor break tackles. Former safety. Very good on special teams.

More of a special teams addition but another body at RB. Feels redundant since we have Dixon. Younger, cheaper version I suppose.

Edited by earthtobrint

Not going to pretend to know anything about this guy, but why draft a RB that gets maybe a few carries this year when we have other pressing needs. I don't see the logic.

A team isn't filling pressing needs in the 5th round. Draft is also for future years. Fred is 34. This is most likely his last season. Then what? Not a bad pick if you look past 2015. Which is the GM's job.

Karlos Williams to the practice squad this year until an injury ocurrs.

He will be the goalline back, a special teams demon, and create mismatchs when split wide. I read something like Karlos had the highest percentage of scoring a the goallilne out of any back. A quick google search provides this - http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-state-seminoles/os-fsu-rb-karlos-williams-comes-up-big-when-it-matters-20141021-post.html

Williams has converted on third-and-short (three yards or less) five of six times this season.

Williams has scored a touchdown every 3.5 times he touches the ball in the red zone.

3 RBs sounds like crazy talk.

McCoy, Dixon, Felton, and Karlos are locks.

Freddie gone?

I'm not counting Felton in the RB position group. TE/H back I think.

GO BILLS!!!