La'El Collins signs with the Cowboys

I guess what I'm saying is that I do believe that the Bills, and the 31 other teams in the league made a mistake (although I do believe that there is a chance that Goodell told the teams that they couldn't draft the kid until the situation was resolved, to save himself a PR nightmare).

I understand the argument for Miller as safer, but even without the hindsight, I was still clamoring for us to take this guy, who has tremendous upside: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/177976-if-lael-collins-drops-do-bills-take-him/?p=3542081

With hindsight would you have drafted him?

I just get the feeling that this was a huge missed opportunity for us. We had the chance to get an immensely talented football player at a position of need.

In all honesty....I dont know

I think in hindsight it would depend on the pick.....I reallly like the Corner, OG and TE that we drafted

If it was with one of the other picks yes because I consider those "throw away" picks......all of the above guys I think are either going to be immediate or eventual starters and contributers on this team

Now....having said that....I think OT is a HUGE need on this team unless Cyrus K. pulls his head out and plays to the level at which he was drafted....HE is the reason why everything is out of whack for this team because if he was playing like a 2nd round pick then we dont even HAVE a weakness at OT

but that remains to be seen.

On Collins.....he has not been cleared yet....I suspect he will.......but what if they guy is just bad news all the way around....trouble has a way of following a man sometimes.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He stated that he would not sign if a team drafted him after the 3rd round. Per the CBA, if he was drafted in 2015 and did not sign with his team he would be eligible to enter the 2016 NFL Draft, and the team that drafted him in 2015 would not be eligible to select him. Because he went undrafted he is not eligible for next year's draft, and thus he chose to sign with someone. It is also worth noting that because he was a UDFA, his contract is up a year earlier than if he was drafted, so if he performs well he will get a big contract a year sooner than if he was drafted in the later rounds.

All in all, it appears teams passed on him altogether due to some combination of lack of information about his situation and a fear of him possibly not signing and then losing the rights to him next year as well.

Thanks, that all makes sense.

Im not angry...he was (and your right...I should not have picked on his 9 posts at the time....)

I can see that too. Its tougher to chance a pick with only 6. They all need to count.

And we can only go by the information that is given us.....if you choose to say that the talking heads on the TV say he will go back into the draft and not believe it.......then nobody can stop you

Just consider this....we got REALLY good value on those picks we took later in the draft.......what if Collins did exactly what he said he was going to do and we missed out on TE O'Leary?

What would suck....cuz that kid has skills

In all honesty....I dont know

I think in hindsight it would depend on the pick.....I reallly like the Corner, OG and TE that we drafted

If it was with one of the other picks yes because I consider those "throw away" picks......all of the above guys I think are either going to be immediate or eventual starters and contributers on this team

Now....having said that....I think OT is a HUGE need on this team unless Cyrus K. pulls his head out and plays to the level at which he was drafted....HE is the reason why everything is out of whack for this team because if he was playing like a 2nd round pick then we dont even HAVE a weakness at OT

but that remains to be seen.

On Collins.....he has not been cleared yet....I suspect he will.......but what if they guy is just bad news all the way around....trouble has a way of following a man sometimes.

Agree with that too.

:(

@LaurenBrill4: Source: Bills were very interested in La'el Collins. Collins loved Rex. Collins wanted to be in the South and uncertainty at QB was an issue

I'm not mad at him. Everyone has different priorities and it's okay.

Imagine if that was Marrone. We would have had, "he hated Marrone, wanted to play in the south and was concerned about the QB situation."

Edited by Kirby Jackson

The reason your posts get ridiculed is because they are factually incorrect and you are defending them like your first born. I'm not going to state what the situation was for the 250th time in this thread. If you cared to educate yourself on the subject you would have done it already. Everything you need to know is in this thread, and no you don't have to read every post to figure it out.

what is factually incorrect?all you guys spout off without any facts actually. your response is the same. you act like you are above everything in fact you are not. you tell me that you dont have the time to educate me but you have the time to reply with this nonsense of a post.

you guys must be the idiot callers on the weiner line and calling on WGR all the time. makes sense now

For the "can't take him in the 7th" crowd....can I ask how it would be a riskier pick than a mike jasper, or other late upside picks?

I'm down for swinging for the fences and seeing what happens with picks around 250. And with a guy that has fewer question marks on the field, and by that point dwindling ones off the field..... Let's do it!

I still suspect there was a nudge somewhere from the nfl to kindly encourage teams to wait this out.

what is factually incorrect?all you guys spout off without any facts actually. your response is the same. you act like you are above everything in fact you are not. you tell me that you dont have the time to educate me but you have the time to reply with this nonsense of a post.

you guys must be the idiot callers on the weiner line and calling on WGR all the time. makes sense now

Your really pouty

Do u need a hug?

For the "can't take him in the 7th" crowd....can I ask how it would be a riskier pick than a mike jasper, or other late upside picks?

I'm down for swinging for the fences and seeing what happens with picks around 250. And with a guy that has fewer question marks on the field, and by that point dwindling ones off the field..... Let's do it!

I still suspect there was a nudge somewhere from the nfl to kindly encourage teams to wait this out.

Saint...in all honest to me it depends on the pick

I would have done it with the LB pick because he is a injury concern (now watch him go and be a beast for us but)

and

I would have done it with the last pick we had that we used on the big WR (I actually WOULD have done it here......we are so stacked at WR)

but I totally undertand why they did not

Your really pouty

Do u need a hug?

Saint...in all honest to me it depends on the pick

I would have done it with the LB pick because he is a injury concern (now watch him go and be a beast for us but)

and

I would have done it with the last pick we had that we used on the big WR (I actually WOULD have done it here......we are so stacked at WR)

but I totally undertand why they did not

It's almost like Henderson last year. Could've been a totally thrown away pick that was foreseeable trouble but getting a first round talent had them roll the dice. I just don't think the downside was that low. Don't offer a contract til he's cleared - and if he's not cleared you never sign him. If he never signs due to finances, so be it.

I'd be really curious if it was a situation where everyone thought the others were passing because the other security teams found something their own didn't, if there was a nudge from the nfl, or (I think less likely) the risk was just too high due to him saying he wouldn't sign.

Probably...

In the ends he gets to pick where he plays...

After hearing the story of the Cowboys recruitment it sounds like the kid was pretty star-struck...Pun intended...That's where he wanted to play... B-)

It's almost like Henderson last year. Could've been a totally thrown away pick that was foreseeable trouble but getting a first round talent had them roll the dice. I just don't think the downside was that low. Don't offer a contract til he's cleared - and if he's not cleared you never sign him. If he never signs due to finances, so be it.

I'd be really curious if it was a situation where everyone thought the others were passing because the other security teams found something their own didn't, if there was a nudge from the nfl, or (I think less likely) the risk was just too high due to him saying he wouldn't sign.

I say we just wish him luck with Dallas and move on with our team

Being a late 1st round pick offensive linemen isnt exactly a guarantee of success anyway.....

I say we just wish him luck with Dallas and move on with our team

Being a late 1st round pick offensive linemen isnt exactly a guarantee of success anyway.....

I'm not sure which thread but I mentioned that in one of the threads today too. Somewhere he went from mid first round guy that might have to transition to a new position to a gimme for success. I love the risk reward but it's not certain that he works out on the field.

Between Henderson, incognito, miller, and kujo already fighting for 3 spots- it's not a unfathomable that Collins wouldn't be a starter. He'd likely be penciled in but that doesn't mean he wins out.

Edited by NoSaint

You're off to a great start here.....

I'm not mad at him. Everyone has different priorities and it's okay.

Imagine if that was Marrone. We would have had, "he hated Marrone, wanted to play in the south and was concerned about the QB situation."

i do not blame him at all, it is just depressing that the QB situation is a factor we have to overcome along with the location. I do wonder why he didn't even take a meeting with miami considering they meet those 2 conditions plus his friends are there which was mentioned earlier as another factor he was looking for. It almost seems like he wanted to play for Dallas from the beginning and made up his mind awhile ago.

I agree....no other reason for teams not to take a chance on him.

i do not blame him at all, it is just depressing that the QB situation is a factor we have to overcome along with the location. I do wonder why he didn't even take a meeting with miami considering they meet those 2 conditions plus his friends are there which was mentioned earlier as another factor he was looking for. It almost seems like he wanted to play for Dallas from the beginning and made up his mind awhile ago.

By the same token we won a guy like Harvin that we would have had no chance at without Rex. The same may be said for Clay.

I would have thought that Miami was the favorite. I'm really glad that he didn't end up there. There was enough talent entering the division this year.

By the same token we won a guy like Harvin that we would have had no chance at without Rex. The same may be said for Clay.

I would have thought that Miami was the favorite. I'm really glad that he didn't end up there. There was enough talent entering the division this year.

im still surprised Harvin and Clay came here with the QB situation. I know that money was a factor but NE, GB and SD wanted Harvin. Rex is a difference maker. Edited by YoloinOhio