5-6 WGR interview with Tyrod Taylor

IMO EJ is a distant 3rd place to win this gig.

To me, it feels like Cassell is the "safe pick" while Taylor is the exciting wildcard in the mix. EJ is the guy they have to give a shot just because they spent a #1 and "who knows?"

I think EJ is going to need to REALLY impress to win these coaches over.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO EJ is a distant 3rd place to win this gig.

To me, it feels like Cassell is the "safe pick" while Taylor is the exciting wildcard in the mix. EJ is the guy they have to give a shot just because they spent a #1 and "who knows?"

I think EJ is going to need to REALLY impress to win these coaches over.

I'd love to bet on this.

We are never going to find out who the QB is now that Jerry Hughes is on D. :w00t:

Hughes is going to report to camp with a mysterious, Bruce-Smith-like hamstring condition yet be ready for opening day.

You know, just to keep things fair for the QBs and OL.

• 2 weeks later...

No mention of TT... Fwiw

@ChrisBrownBills: Jim Kelly talks Bills QBs http://t.co/9BgSHnqwlr

I hope that doesn't reflect the sentiment at OBD, because I believe Tyrod Taylor would be electrifying on the field come September. I'm holding out hope Rex will go in Tyrod's direction and stop thinking about how OBD wants to justify their first pick of the 2013 draft.

All you have to do is listen to the clues Rex gives, but the media is too into their own narrative to hear.

I don't think it's decided yet.

Right now Rex sees a lot of potential in TT. But if Cassel and/or EJ outplay TT in camp & preseason, TT will not start.

Whatever Rex may personally think of Taylor, he's going to trust his eyes and trust his offensive coaches and their recommendations.

Given the competition isn't composed of HOFers, it's certainly possible that TT fairly gets the nod.