Deflate-gate investigation complete

I'm not positive, but I believe I read that typically McNally would let air out post inspection, but when officials had already left the room. Due to increased traffic in the room for the AFC CG he snagged them and then did the deed elsewhere.

That is exactly it. In the report it stated that officials are usually out of the room for about a 20-minute stretch attending to other pre-game duties, and the room is set up in such a way that the officials' room attendant (in this case McNally) would have complete privacy with the footballs during that time period. But for this game there were a lot of other people in the room.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is exactly it. In the report it stated that officials are usually out of the room for about a 20-minute stretch attending to other pre-game duties, and the room is set up in such a way that the officials' room attendant (in this case McNally) would have complete privacy with the footballs during that time period. But for this game there were a lot of other people in the room.

Thanks, I thought I read it, but I've read a lot of stuff the past couple days haha

The fact that McNally had to take the footballs into the bathroom to let the air out could explain why a couple of them actually had consistent pressure loss. He either didn't have time to do them or he missed them by mistake in his rush to get them done and get out of there before being discovered. I bet Tom* really laid into him for missing them too.

:lol: That scientist's "report" itself is incomplete.

Keep reaching.

Seriously.

All that rigmarole about how wetting/drying affects temperature, but no mention of how it affects volume?

Tsk tsk.

The fact that McNally had to take the footballs into the bathroom to let the air out could explain why a couple of them actually had consistent pressure loss. He either didn't have time to do them or he missed them by mistake in his rush to get them done and get out of there before being discovered. I bet Tom* really laid into him for missing them too.

A bathroom that he claimed had a urinal...when it didn't :lol:

For the life of me I can't understand why some people continue to dissect all minutiae related to actual ball pressure measurements. It is way past that. All evidence and common sense shows that Brady and the two Marrones were involved in a protocol to take more air out of the balls after they were officially measured. Splitting hairs about the science of this ball vs. that is about as relevant as whether a sting operation was involved. It doesn't matter - in the end there were intentional acts to not follow the rules and then lie and try to cover up for doing so. End of Story.

Seriously.

All that rigmarole about how wetting/drying affects temperature, but no mention of how it affects volume?

Tsk tsk.

Not to mention, the wetting/drying will affect all of the balls about the same, including the Colts'.

Not to mention, the wetting/drying will affect all of the balls about the same, including the Colts'.

That too.

Oh, and please don't take this personally: I hate the whole "not to mention" preface...I mean, it's about to get mentioned. Ya know?

I catch myself doing it...gonna have to work on that

A bathroom that he claimed had a urinal...when it didn't :lol:

That's one of the best parts. He was probably looking for an answer that would show he was out in the open, visible to anyone who might walk in.

That too.

Oh, and please don't take this personally: I hate the whole "not to mention" preface...I mean, it's about to get mentioned. Ya know?

Says the guy who used "rigmarole" :P

Edited by Dorkington

For the life of me I can't understand why some people continue to dissect all minutiae related to actual ball pressure measurements. It is way past that. All evidence and common sense shows that Brady and the two Marrones were involved in a protocol to take more air out of the balls after they were officially measured. Splitting hairs about the science of this ball vs. that is about as relevant as whether a sting operation was involved. It doesn't matter - in the end there were intentional acts to not follow the rules and then lie and try to cover up for doing so. End of Story.

Agreed. I liken this to OJ and "If the glove doesn't fit you must acquit". It's just grasping at straws for the apologists. But it worked for Johnny C. (RIP)

That too.

That phrase doesn't bother me, but its in the same genre of when someone says "I don't want to be rude but ..." or "Don't take this the wrong way but ...." You know the poop is hitting the fan when a sentence starts like that.

Says the guy who used "rigmarole" :P

it's an homage to my mother...she used it all the time 0:)

That phrase doesn't bother me, but its in the same genre of when someone says "I don't want to be rude but ..." or "Don't take this the wrong way but ...." You know the poop is hitting the fan when a sentence starts like that.

Hah! Yep.

That too.

It is what it is. :nana:

I don't wanna sound racist but I hope you're having a wonderful day.