UDFAs

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cedric Reed DE Texas is a Bill

per NFL.COM 5.2 Rating

Analysis: Strengths Will crash down the line of scrimmage to attack running plays when left unblocked on the open side. Can be disruptive with inside pass-rush moves. Plays with decent initial leverage for a long-levered defensive end. Shows secondary motor to pursue downfield.

Weaknesses: Stiff, unenthusiastic player. Has some athletic traits, but they don't show up consistently enough on the field. Passive off the snap and lacks physicality. Block magnet who has a hard time disengaging. Lacks the ability to turn the corner as a pass rusher and doesn't seem to have a pet move to beat tackles.

Draft Projection: Round 6 or 7

Sources Tell Us: "He was a really boring guy to study. There just isn't anything on tape to get excited about until the end of 2014 when he started playing better than I had ever seen him play." -- NFC North scout NFL Comparison Denico Autry

Bottom Line

Reed never developed into the type of defensive end that Texas expected when it recruited him. Despite having a viable NFL frame, Reed hasn't been able to show enough on tape to earn a plus grade for any of the critical or secondary traits teams are looking for from a defensive end. However, his improvement during his senior season could give teams enough hope to take a shot.

Edited by dezertbill

La'el collins

He's now ineligible to enter the 2016 draft. There's clearly something 32 NFL teams know that the public doesn't. Some people had him mocked in the top 15 before the investigation. Crazy.

Like the Reed signing, but clarify with Collins, did he sign?

no

He's now ineligible to enter the 2016 draft. There's clearly something 32 NFL teams know that the public doesn't. Some people had him mocked in the top 15 before the investigation. Crazy.

Once he is cleared the system is set up to where teams can bid on his services. He actually might make more money than if he were drafted, as crazy as that seems.

But that's IF he is cleared.

no

Once he is cleared the system is set up to where teams can bid on his services. He actually might make more money than if he were drafted, as crazy as that seems.

But that's IF he is cleared.

hmmm I know a team that doesn't need to pay another 1st rd pick

. He actually might make more money than if he were drafted, as crazy as that seems.

He can only make the non-guaranteed NFL minimum, which is $435K. And that's only if he makes the 53-man roster. There's an 80K pool teams can divide up for UDFA's, but that isn't going to amount to much for him. If he's innocent, he just got screwed big time.

It's pretty simple honestly. Everyone didn't want to waste a pick on someone that may be indicted on murder. Even 7th rounders are at least camp fodder. No point in drafting a guy that might be locked up and/or in court during camp. It's early but most of the time the SO is usually the primary suspect. If he is cleared, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a good deal from someone.

Edited by The Wiz

@RavensInsider: Wake Forest cornerback Merrill Noel is going to the Buffalo Bills, according to a source

I'm surprised they're signing so many UDFAs, given Whaley's comment about so few draft picks likely making the team.

I guess Pegs has said to spare no expense...

It's more likely that the teams just don't know. Obvious motive if she was already planning on spending his money on..... child support. Not saying this is true at all but that is clearly where the police would like to go to eliminate him as a suspect him or keep him as a person of interest. Teams, not even the Cowboys, want to be put in that sort of spotlight.

@RavensInsider: Offensive tackle Tyson Chandler to the Buffalo Bills on a $7,500 signing bonus, according to a source

Is this a lot for a UDFA? Wondering why they mentioned it. We give bigger sign on bonuses at the bank lol

Edited by YoloinOhio

These UFAs we are getting are making me feel better about this class, a lot of these guys seem of draftable quality but some teams got cute with punters and long snappers.

If Collins gets cleared of charges, I'd give him a top 10 pick caliber contract. Assuming he does get clearance, I'd be surprised if someone doesn't do that.

Edited by Chuck Wagon