RD 6, Pick 194: TE Nick O'Leary, Florida State

I didn't necessarily mean depth chart as much as roster number. But it's possible. Roman loves to use a lot of TEs and a lot of different parts and different kinds. Gray and Gragg are athletic but not the greatest blockers, and probably don't even have the hands of OLeary. I can see us keeping one of Gragg or Gray, plus OLeary, because that would give Roman more options in the run game. None are going to play that much.

I just have a feeling O'Leary is going to play a big role for us. He just makes plays.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Prediction: he will not wear sleeves in cold weather

@ChrisTrapasso: O'Leary is 6'3" and 252. So not exactly tiny. But has big, 9 3/8" hands. Hand size > arm length for TEs. Former top TE recruit.

@BuffaloBillsPR: #Bills 6th round pick TE Nick OLeary--he is @FSU_Footballs all-time leader among tight ends in receptions (114), yards (1,591) & TDs (18)

Prediction: he will not wear sleeves in cold weather

@ChrisTrapasso: O'Leary is 6'3" and 252. So not exactly tiny. But has big, 9 3/8" hands. Hand size > arm length for TEs. Former top TE recruit.

He will rip off the arms of his opponents and wear them as his sleeves.

@ChrisTrapasso: O'Leary also played everywhere at FSU -- I assume #Bills like that. Not road-grader at all, but he gets after it as a blocker, esp. pass pro

He will rip off the arms of his opponents and wear them as his sleeves.

#thelegendofnickoleary

The Throwback:

He’s the grandson of golfing royalty, so you might assume there’s a softness to Nick O'Leary’s game. You'd be wrong. Grit, toughness and reliability allowed him to step out of his grandfather's shadow during a prolific collegiate career

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/04/08/nfl-draft-nick-oleary-jack-nicklaus/

Does he also long-snap?

We need a backup long snapper with Lee Smith gone. You don't want to be without one on game day if your primary goes down. FGs and punts become unrealistic options.

I'm nervous about Nick trying to deal with the pressure of filling Smith's shoes. Hopefully, it doesn't crush his confidence.

@theMMQB: You got yourself a throwback, #BillsMafia. @JennyVrentas on how Nick O'Leary stepped out of his grandfather's shadow. http://t.co/5VydmNjofI

Damn you're quick, Yolo.

Was just about to post this. Great article - everyone should read it.

I love this pick. I remember O'Leary really jumped out at me when I was watching a lot of EJ video two years ago. I think he will be a great fit in Greg Roman's offense. He'll get some play.

Love the pick! And this late? Never thoiught he'd drop to here, but I guess a 4.93 time in the 40 will do. All he does is make plays, though. I'm at FSU for graduation today and even my sons friends are getting a kick out of the Bills connection.

Im tellin u right now...if Oleary would have gotten picked in the 3rd round I wouldnt have objected

He fits Roman's scheme perfectly.....a "glue guy" in my opinion too

Agree 100%. I wanted Maxx or O'Leary. We got one in the 6th. Absolutely made a boring draft for me great.