Requisite Derby photo of Brady & Pats* w/special guest

I don't remember any pictures of Kelly hanging out with a bunch of Dolphins. And if Cassel was Kelly instead of Cassel, I could overlook it.

This is Orton 2.0. Please EJ or Taylor win this job so we can keep this guy on the bench where he belongs.

This just feels like a convenient excuse for the EJ crowd (not you specifically) to say "I told you so." This stuff happens ALL OF THE TIME and is a nonstory and everyone knows it. Let's not try to use a guy going away with his former teammates as the reason that he can't be our QB. We can't possibly be that insecure as a group.

Would anyone be mad if Spiller went on vacation with a bunch of Bills? Of course not but it's the same thing. It is totally irrelevant. If you guys think that these guys hate the opposing players you are crazy. They grow up with these guys in all star camps, college, pros, etc... There are TONS of examples around pro sports that look EXACTLY like this.

eva longoria?

At the time it was!! She would come to games all the time.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This just feels like a convenient excuse for the EJ crowd (not you specifically) to say "I told you so." This stuff happens ALL OF THE TIME and is a nonstory and everyone knows it. Let's not try to use a guy going away with his former teammates as the reason that he can't be our QB. We can't possibly be that insecure as a group.

Would anyone be mad if Spiller went on vacation with a bunch of Bills? Of course not but it's the same thing. It is totally irrelevant. If you guys think that these guys hate the opposing players you are crazy. They grow up with these guys in all star camps, college, pros, etc... There are TONS of examples around pro sports that look EXACTLY like this.

At the time it was!! She would come to games all the time.

I agree it happens all the time but when it's a journeyman like Cassel, yes it bothers me. He's a joke if we are trying to compete with NE. He is treating Buffalo like another paycheck, just like Orton.

No one should want him starting. And say what you want to about EJ, but he left the field with a lead against Ne in his only start. Cassel threw 4 ints against them in year 10.

I agree it happens all the time but when it's a journeyman like Cassel, yes it bothers me. He's a joke if we are trying to compete with NE. He is treating Buffalo like another paycheck, just like Orton.

No one should want him starting. And say what you want to about EJ, but he left the field with a lead against Ne in his only start. Cassel threw 4 ints against them in year 10.

That's kind of the point. There is no correlation between his trip to the Derby and his play. If he's the best guy fine, if he's not fine. The trip to the Derby doesn't factor into the equation.

Tony lost her because he was eating someone elses lunch.

i thought he was the culprit in the breakup? Lol now we are way off topic. First the draft fashion thread last night, now it's like US Weekly around here 😄

This criticism is the stupidest stuff I've seen. The guys are friends.

Slop and the Bullfrog have been losing their minds about this for over AN HOUR. Such a worthless radio show. LAST NIGHT WAS THE NFL DRAFT AND IT CONTINUES TONIGHT!!!!

holy cow I just turned it on and they are still talking about it!

That's kind of the point. There is no correlation between his trip to the Derby and his play. If he's the best guy fine, if he's not fine. The trip to the Derby doesn't factor into the equation.

He just seems like he is happy to be on the field with Brady. He probably worships him.

The idea of him startingn makes me ill. It's like depressing. I need a drink. ;)

I'm sorry this is one of the few times I think Shoop and Bulldog are right

Can you imagine Jim Kelly going on a trip with all the dallas cowboys or Dolphins?

Oh, I'm sure if digital photography and the Internet existed in the early 90s, there'd be plenty of things Jimbo did that would make you lie down on your fainting couch.

The regular season can't get here soon enough.

People are actually going out of their way to make an issue out of this?

schopp and bulldog are taking calls about it all afternoon. Schopp thinks he isn't competitive enough. You would never know the draft is tonight. I turned it off and will turn it back on at 7 when john Murphy is on.

schopp and bulldog are taking calls about it all afternoon. Schopp thinks he isn't competitive enough. You would never know the draft is tonight. I turned it off and will turn it back on at 7 when john Murphy is on.

If it isn't evident there are certain people in the Bills organization that despite Schopp. That's why he goes out of his way to take shots and try to drag them down. He would just assume that everyone hated them and that the NFL would go away. It's a really weird dynamic because without the Bills he probably wouldn't have a job.

If it isn't evident there are certain people in the Bills organization that despite Schopp. That's why he goes out of his way to take shots and try to drag them down. He would just assume that everyone hated them and that the NFL would go away. It's a really weird dynamic because without the Bills he probably wouldn't have a job.

He just totally embarrassed himself. He tweeted Thurman to come on the show and talk about it, evidently thinking Thurman would agree with him about Cassell being a non-competitive traitor. Thurman then tweeted pic of him with Cassel, at the Derby.

Thurman Thomas @thurmanthomas 13m13 minutes ago

CD9EJCiUgAAiss1.jpg

So #OneBuffalo you just didn't give me a chance. #kyderby here's Matt

He just totally embarrassed himself. He tweeted Thurman to come on the show and talk about it, evidently thinking Thurman would agree with him about Cassell being a non-competitive traitor. Thurman then tweeted pic of him with Cassel, at the Derby.

Thurman Thomas ‏@thurmanthomas 13m13 minutes ago

CD9EJCiUgAAiss1.jpg

So #OneBuffalo you just didn't give me a chance. #kyderby here's Matt

Fantastic.

This photo cements even more the feeling I've had that Matt Cassel is a guy who's happy and content at this point in his life. I think the "fire in the belly" version of Matt Cassel left the building after the 2010 season. Just look at how badly his stats cratered after that season.

Rex won't say so publicly, but I'm sure Cassel lost some serious credibility points with this photo. It will make Rex's decision to eventually cut him that much easier to do (if he doesn't out perform the young guns by a wide margin) if the Bills do end up drafting a QB tonight. Exactly how is Rex going to talk to the team about rearranging Tom Brady's face when his starting QB is best buddies with him?...LOL That photo doesn't really look like Cassel is on board with the whole "bullying" Brady idea.

I know many fans here think this is silly stuff, but Rex Ryan isn't playing when he says he wants to build a bully. I'm just not seeing Rex picking Cassel as his starting QB knowing that in week 2 Tom Brady will have all these warm and cozy feelings about his best friend being the starting QB on the Bills. Cassel had 4 interceptions his last start vs the Vikings, I wonder if Rex starts thinking Cassel's so far up Tom's butt that he gets really nervous going against him.

Edited by 1billsfan

This photo cements even more the feeling I've had that Matt Cassel is a guy who's happy and content at this point in his life. I think the "fire in the belly" version of Matt Cassel left the building after the 2010 season. Just look at how badly his stats cratered after that season.

Rex won't say so publicly, but I'm sure Cassel lost some serious credibility points with this photo. It will make Rex's decision to eventually cut him that much easier to do (if he doesn't out perform the young guns by a wide margin) if the Bills do end up drafting a QB tonight. Exactly how is Rex going to talk to the team about rearranging Tom Brady's face when his starting QB is best buddies with him?...LOL That photo doesn't really look like Cassel is on board with the whole "bullying" Brady idea.

I know many fans here think this is silly stuff, but Rex Ryan isn't playing when he says he wants to build a bully. I'm just not seeing Rex picking Cassel as his starting QB knowing that in week 2 Tom Brady will have all these warm and cozy feelings about his best friend being the starting QB on the Bills. Cassel had 4 interceptions his last start vs the Vikings, I wonder if Rex starts thinking Cassel's so far up Tom's butt that he gets really nervous going against him.

Are you serious or is this sarcasm? Ha ha, if you are serious I don't know what to say. These guys are friends with people all over the league!! They work out together, played together, etc... Have you ever hung out with people that you used to work with??? I do all of the time.

Dumb post of the month...

Optics matter, unless you think Rex's tough talk is nothing but fake pro wrestling stuff. Sorry, but you can't have it both ways.

If Rex wants to say that the "bully" talk was all just him blabbering then at least we it's all good to hang like best bros with the arch enemy of your team who has taken your lunch money for over a decade.

Optics matter, unless you think Rex's tough talk is nothing but fake pro wrestling stuff. Sorry, but you can't have it both ways.

If Rex wants to say that the "bully" talk was all just him blabbering then at least we it's all good to hang like best bros with the arch enemy of your team who has taken your lunch money for over a decade.

Ha ha, he doesn't mean you punch your friends in the face. Their kids probably play together!! This isn't a war. These guys work together, compete against one another and then go home and spend time with their families. Believe it or not they are no different from other working people.

Are you serious or is this sarcasm? Ha ha, if you are serious I don't know what to say. These guys are friends with people all over the league!! They work out together, played together, etc... Have you ever hung out with people that you used to work with??? I do all of the time.

Yes I'm serious. Let me ask you a question, do you think that Rex's "build a bully" talk was bs?

The Bills have been doormats for a long time, Rex isn't playing.

Ha ha, he doesn't mean you punch your friends in the face. Their kids probably play together!! This isn't a war. These guys work together, compete against one another and then go home and spend time with their families. Believe it or not they are no different from other working people.

Not to mention they all belong to the same union.

Rex wants the Patriots to fear playing the Bills. That's what he means. Kind of like how they feared playing the Giants.

This photo doesn't help with that image, sorry. You can make light of it all you want, but the optics are killer for Cassel here.

Edited by 1billsfan

Yes I'm serious. Let me ask you a question, do you think that Rex's "build a bully" talk was bs?

The Bills have been doormats for a long time, Rex isn't playing.

Building a bully means to be physical on the field. They want to win at the LOS. It has ZERO to do with who your friends are off the field.

It is mind blowing to me that people are worked up about this. Since he is friends with Brady he now wants to lose? He wants to play his way out of a contract that pays him $5m a year (or whatever)? "If I play poorly enough against the Patriots maybe next year I can not get a big FA contract."

I'm not picking on you specifically but this picture could not mean less. Guys hang out with college teammates, high school teammates and former pro teammates all of the time. We all hang out with people that we went to school with, played sports with or worked with. As I said, their kids probably play together.

Rex wants the Patriots to fear playing the Bills. That's what he means. Kind of like how they feared playing the Giants.

This photo doesn't help with that image, sorry. You can make light of it all you want, but the optics are killer for Cassel here.

Have you experienced a head injury recently? The optics say it's very possible.

If he was seen handing them his playbook fine. As I said earlier Chris Paul and Tony Parker stay at each other's homes when they are in town to play. They battle out there but when the game ends it ends.

Have you experienced a head injury recently? The optics say it's very possible.

Is anybody else scratching their head trying to figure out what lenses and laser beams have to do with Matt Cassel?

Building a bully means to be physical on the field. They want to win at the LOS. It has ZERO to do with who your friends are off the field.

It is mind blowing to me that people are worked up about this. Since he is friends with Brady he now wants to lose? He wants to play his way out of a contract that pays him $5m a year (or whatever)? "If I play poorly enough against the Patriots maybe next year I can not get a big FA contract."

I'm not picking on you specifically but this picture could not mean less. Guys hang out with college teammates, high school teammates and former pro teammates all of the time. We all hang out with people that we went to school with, played sports with or worked with. As I said, their kids probably play together.

Building a bully means an attitude that we play so hard that we might hurt you.

So now Tom Brady is just some random "guy"? There's no reference needed of what this QB represents to the Buffalo Bills franchise over the last 14 years?

Building a bully means an attitude that we play so hard that we might hurt you.

So now Tom Brady is just some random "guy"? There's no reference needed of what this QB represents to the Buffalo Bills franchise over the last 14 years?

It doesn't matter who it is. It's a guy that he sat in meeting rooms with for years. Being his friend is irrelevant.

FWIW, I'm positive that he views Tom Brady as just a guy that he knows well. Chase Daniel and Drew Brees were attached at the hip when they were here and competitive as could be.

If you think that Cassel is a bad QB that's fine. If you think that he is a bad QB because he is friends with his old teammates that just doesn't make sense.

It doesn't matter who it is. It's a guy that he sat in meeting rooms with for years. Being his friend is irrelevant.

FWIW, I'm positive that he views Tom Brady as just a guy that he knows well. Chase Daniel and Drew Brees were attached at the hip when they were here and competitive as could be.

If you think that Cassel is a bad QB that's fine. If you think that he is a bad QB because he is friends with his old teammates that just doesn't make sense.

That's fine that he views him that way. But have some perspective on the 14 years worth of the Bills being beaten down by the Patriots.

I think Cassel is a back up QB who's content with that role. I've thought of him that way when the Bills signed him as a free agent.

I think that posing for this photo wasn't very smart on his part. Yes he has a nice "bro" photo to hang on his wall, but I think it hurts his credibility of wanting to become the Bills' "point of the spear" vs the Patriots.

That's fine that he views him that way. But have some perspective on the 14 years worth of the Bills being beaten down by the Patriots.

I think Cassel is a back up QB who's content with that role. I've thought of him that way when the Bills signed him as a free agent.

I think that posing for this photo wasn't very smart on his part. Yes he has a nice "bro" photo to hang on his wall, but I think it hurts his credibility of wanting to become the Bills' "point of the spear" vs the Patriots.

No, it doesn't. He took a picture with his friend. That doesn't mean that he is a loser or content to lose to New England. It doesn't mean any of the things that you want it to mean. It is nothing more than a bunch of buddies (who were teammates) going to the derby. It has nothing to do with the last 14 years or any of that. The 2015 Bills will play the 2015 Patriots and each team will do their best to win. It couldn't be simpler.

If you think Cassel stinks that's fine. This photo doesn't have anything to do with that though.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

No, it doesn't. He took a picture with his friend. That doesn't mean that he is a loser or content to lose to New England. It doesn't mean any of the things that you want it to mean. It is nothing more than a bunch of buddies (who were teammates) going to the derby. It has nothing to do with the last 14 years or any of that. The 2015 Bills will play the 2015 Patriots and each team will do their best to win. It couldn't be simpler.

If you think Cassel stinks that's fine. This photo doesn't have anything to do with that though.

I don't think he stinks, I just think his time on the starting stage was over 5 years ago.

I also think that Rex is serious about changing the attitude and wants to intimidate Brady and the Pats. It's just my opinion that he hurt his chances of starting because if it's a very close decision, little things like this will swing the decision towards EJ Manuel.

I don't think he stinks, I just think his time on the starting stage was over 5 years ago.

I also think that Rex is serious about changing the attitude and wants to intimidate Brady and the Pats. It's just my opinion that he hurt his chances of starting because if it's a very close decision, little things like this will swing the decision towards EJ Manuel.

Rex is going to play the best player period. He is not going to sit someone because he is friends with Brady. I have no idea who will play QB but I'm positive this photo doesn't play a role. It may be shocking to many that Bills and Pats are friends but it isn't a big deal at all inside of OBD. This is a normal situation and I can't express how common this is.

Players go out after games with players from the opposing team if they are in town (happens a lot in baseball and basketball). They are often closer with guys on other teams than their own even. It isn't an issue. Cassel's play may be an issue but his friends won't be (unless he is friends with Aaron Hernandez).

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Rex is going to play the best player period. He is not going to sit someone because he is friends with Brady. I have no idea who will play QB but I'm positive this photo doesn't play a role. It may be shocking to many that Bills and Pats are friends but it isn't a big deal at all inside of OBD. This is a normal situation and I can express how common this is.

Players go out after games with players from the opposing team if they are in town (happens a lot in baseball and basketball). They are often closer with guys on other teams than their own even. It isn't an issue. Cassel's play may be an issue but his friends won't be (unless he is friends with Aaron Hernandez).

That's all well and good, but we're talking about Tom Brady here. There's a history. A very long and painful history. The Buffalo Bills want to kick the door in on their face this year. You may not think this photo matters at all, I think it does matter to a certain degree be that even a small one. That is if the Bills truly want to start intimidating Tom Brady.

That's what Rex wants to be about. He said so in his opening press conference. This photo kind of hurts Cassel in that respect. It's just my opinion. That's all. I hope that Cassel has an awakening and becomes the next Rich Gannon, I just don't see that happening.

That's all well and good, but we're talking about Tom Brady here. There's a history. A very long and painful history. The Buffalo Bills want to kick the door in on their face this year. You may not think this photo matters at all, I think it does matter to a certain degree be that even a small one. That is if the Bills truly want to start intimidating Tom Brady.

That's what Rex wants to be about. He said so in his opening press conference. This photo kind of hurts Cassel in that respect. It's just my opinion. That's all. I hope that Cassel has an awakening and becomes the next Rich Gannon, I just don't see that happening.

It's a long and painful history to US. It isn't a major factor in the building. You want to beat everybody but they do not have the hate or disdain that we do. It is totally different. They are super competitive and want to go out and win. The fact that this is a big deal to people like us is unfathomable to the players. I promise that this is a non-issue at OBD. I promise.

I don't think Cassel is particularly good. I don't think any of our QBs are particularly good. I am hoping that I am wrong. Our QB issues are far greater than who they are friends with.

You might want to talk to someone about how you feel about Brady. Like a professional, not us.

Generally though it just comes across as disliking cassell and trying to project that dislike anywhere you can.

You might want to talk to someone about how you feel about Brady. Like a professional, not us.

Generally though it just comes across as disliking cassell and trying to project that dislike anywhere you can.

I look at Tom Brady and I see Don Shula. Maybe you were to young to remember the decade long 0-20 Bills record vs the Dolphins, but I know I didn't feel all warm and fuzzy towards the man.

I think Cassel's a guy who's coasting as a backup till the end of his career. I know many fans here want to think he still has the fire to lay it all out there, but I don't believe he does.