kelly doesnt shake lavar arringtons hand.......

96 was bittersweet, reed, thomas, kelly were still decent, but well past their prime. i knew it was over when they lost too miami early that season in buffalo 21-7

As I recall, Jim Kelly had a miserable first half to his 1996 season, and did look way past his prime....but he rebounded in the second half, and was one of the top 3 rated QB's over the second half of that season...but it all came crashing down in that playoff game against the Jaguars. In reality, Bruce Smith was really the only one of our HOF'ers who was playing at a consistently high level week in week out...but the offensive guys could really turn it on from time to time...

That is absolutely true. And that stuff was far better hidden in the 1980s/1990s than it is now. I love Kelly, but I always go back to that mysterious "injury" that occurred after his disastrous performance in Pitt in a Monday night game in 1996. He sat out three games after that and no one ever really found out the reason beyond the team's perfunctory "he has a hamstring issue" explanation -- even though he seemed fine. Lots of rumors were flying, and they weren't good. Who knows what really happened.

In the section where I had my season tix in 96 there were a few people that claimed to know what had happened, I won't repeat it because I don't know it to be a fact. The story involved Jim in a physical altercation and there was some question as to whether he had been hurt in the altercation or he had been suspended in house. If anybody knows what really happened please share I've always wondered.

jim kelly has always been an ass sometimes, remember the thurman thomas howard ballard bs in 89

people can do charitable things and still be an ass. I've known Jim a long time and he is definitely an ass but charitable at the same time. I love the guy for all he has done for my uncle.

he has grown up but still can be an ass. The cancer and hunter has humbled him some.

chartible things from rich people is often just instructions from an accountant. Nothing but a tax right off and an opportunity to increase celebrity. Not to be mistaken with a true heartfelt act.

Jim Kelly is still an ass. So charity or non charity the fact remains

i mean i love jim, best bills player all time, but everyone knows hes a drunk ass

So in other words, he's a lot like most of the posters here.

Congratulations.

Arrington is kind of a tool, but I think, in general, he is pretty positive about the Bills. When they got McCoy, he was pretty hyped up about the Bills, as much as he was down on Kelly (Chip) for making the trade. If there are issues between him and Kelly (Jim) they likely don't have anything to do with the Bills.

Kind of a tool? I want to meet the executive who said "lets hire this guy" after watching him never form a single complete sentence when he was on that Dream Job show. He made Emmitt Smith look smart and somehow still has a career; unreal.