TRADE DOWN.......the smart thing to do.

With only two picks in the first four rounds it makes the most sense for the Bills to trade down to acquire more picks. They need to fill several positions - one maybe two OLs, one maybe two TEs, a DT, an OLB/DE hybrid, a S, and Santa even a QB would be nice. That's 8 players with only 6 picks.

Not gonna happen without some guts & creativity.

Whaley is a dealer (which I love) and which I think is the best way to obtain what you need more readily. Expect to see him trade down multiple times to acquire more picks and then use those picks to maneuver his way into filling the team's potential needs. It's a lot cheaper in the short run to fill backup roles with draft picks than having to pay vet FAs, plus you have that

"potential high reward" on your side.

Potential Whaley moves considering that there are some pretty good vet players available via trade:

1. Trade R2 (#50) + R6 for later R2 + R3 + R5.

2. Trade R3 (#81) + R7 for later R3 + R4 + R6.

Bills picks(8): R2,R3,R3,R4,R5,R5,R6,R6.

R2: OT

R3: TE C. Walford

R3: OLB/DE hybrid

R4: DT

R5: S

R5: Trade for vet TE Mart. Bennett (Chi.)

R6: QB S. Mannion

R6: Trade for vet OG E. Mathis (Phily)

Here's to Whaley and the Bills having great success the next few days.

Any player after the 4th round is probably not going to make the team. Those guys will be drafted for the PS. I would be surprised if more than three players make the roster. I would imagine that the fifth rounder may have a 50-50 chance and neither of the 6th rounders will make it barring an injury. There are always some surprises, so three total is my prediction. A TE has the best chance of a roster spot.

It's not necessarily the round that the player is drafted in but the position in regard to making this year's Bills team.

For example, I could a R5 TE making the final roster........or even a R5 LB. Not gonna happen at CB though.

I would use the R6 and R7 picks as part of trade scenarios like I demonstrated above for the mere fact that the odds are long for players drafted that late to make the final roster.

Although, you never know. OT S. Henderson was a R7 pick last year and he not only made the team, but started every game. Guys can drop into the later rounds for lots of reasons.

Do you know that one scout told me that 30-40% of the players in this year's draft smoke pot.......regularly??

With only two picks in the first four rounds it makes the most sense for the Bills to trade down to acquire more picks. They need to fill several positions - one maybe two OLs, one maybe two TEs, a DT, an OLB/DE hybrid, a S, and Santa even a QB would be nice. That's 8 players with only 6 picks.

Not gonna happen without some guts & creativity.

Whaley is a dealer (which I love) and which I think is the best way to obtain what you need more readily. Expect to see him trade down multiple times to acquire more picks and then use those picks to maneuver his way into filling the team's potential needs. It's a lot cheaper in the short run to fill backup roles with draft picks than having to pay vet FAs, plus you have that

"potential high reward" on your side.

Potential Whaley moves considering that there are some pretty good vet players available via trade:

1. Trade R2 (#50) + R6 for later R2 + R3 + R5.

2. Trade R3 (#81) + R7 for later R3 + R4 + R6.

Bills picks(8): R2,R3,R3,R4,R5,R5,R6,R6.

R2: OT

R3: TE C. Walford

R3: OLB/DE hybrid

R4: DT

R5: S

R5: Trade for vet TE Mart. Bennett (Chi.)

R6: QB S. Mannion

R6: Trade for vet OG E. Mathis (Phily)

Here's to Whaley and the Bills having great success the next few days.

You must be looking at a different roster than I am if you think they need 8 players.from the draft. I hope they trade down and get a pick in next years draft.

I think you're drastically overestimating this team's needs. However, I wouldn't be opposed to a trade down.

If La'el Collins is still there in round three trade down to low end round three for an extra fourth and take him if he is still there in the fourth. if he is not, take the BPA or another flyer on a guy you normally wouldn't take but if he hits it's a homerun.

They will seek to obtain a player at everyone of the positions I mentioned............you watch and see.

OT is a MUST.

TE is a MUST.

QB is a need, but they probably can't get a franchise guy so why not take a chance on a guy like Mannion.

DT is a need in Ryan's defense. The Bills will go with 5 DTs on the final roster.

OLB/DE hybrid is a need in Ryan's defense.

S is a need, but not a MUST, especially if D. Williams shows improvement.

I understand the reasons behind trading down, but how many of our draftees "as is" are going to make the current roster? I'd rather go for a potential starter with our pick at 50 and see how the rest shake out.

If I'm trading picks, it's for 2016 draft choices.

I understand the reasons behind trading down, but how many of our draftees "as is" are going to make the current roster? I'd rather go for a potential starter with our pick at 50 and see how the rest shake out.

If I'm trading picks, it's for 2016 draft choices.

I can see a safety, some Olinemen and some LBs make this roster

You must be looking at a different roster than I am if you think they need 8 players.from the draft. I hope they trade down and get a pick in next years draft.

I too am thinking next years draft

I can see a safety, some Olinemen and some LBs make this roster

Just a hunch, but 3 players max make the roster this year. I don't disagree with your positions, though. Maybe another corner in place of a safety.

Any player after the 4th round is probably not going to make the team. Those guys will be drafted for the PS. I would be surprised if more than three players make the roster. I would imagine that the fifth rounder may have a 50-50 chance and neither of the 6th rounders will make it barring an injury. There are always some surprises, so three total is my prediction. A TE has the best chance of a roster spot.

If you say so. I know you have a lot of professional experience running NFL franchises.

Not.

GL trying to find a team that wants to move up.

OF COURSE a team wants to move up to 50 to get that can't miss guy - the Bills are just to blind (asleep at the wheel?), to see it! :beer:

If you say so. I know you have a lot of professional experience running NFL franchises.

Not.

You're not very good at this, are you?

When someone uses the English words and phrases, "probably" - "I would be surprised" - "I would imagine" - "may have" - "there are always some surprises, so" - "is my prediction" - and "has the best chance" - in six total sentences, it is not like that person is making definitive declarations of fact that makes him or her sound like he or she knows for sure, or is acting like a person who thinks he is running an NFL franchise.