What the hell is wrong with me?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to come to the opener so the best minds on the board can help you with some of the bigger problems you seem to have. An hour with some of the best minds and you will be a new man.

You need to come to the opener so the best minds on the board can help you with some of the bigger problems you seem to have. An hour with some of the best minds and you will be a new man.

Not Boyst though right?

From the cheap seats I'd say:

You don't respect yourself.

You lack direction in life; you appear to have few if any real goals and you don't appear to be doing much to improve or change your life.

You may or may not be hiding behind religion. I know people for who religion is a source of strength and inner peace; but they go out and achieve things in life and pursue their goals. I've also known people for treat religion like a lottery ticket. They just figure if they sit around praying eventually something wonderful will fall in their lap. I don't think that's how it works.

From the cheap seats I'd say:

You don't respect yourself.

You lack direction in life; you appear to have few if any real goals and you don't appear to be doing much to improve or change your life.

You may or may not be hiding behind religion. I know people for who religion is a source of strength and inner peace; but they go out and achieve things in life and pursue their goals. I've also known people for treat religion like a lottery ticket. They just figure if they sit around praying eventually something wonderful will fall in their lap. I don't think that's how it works.

Damn. I was just starting this thread as a joke. Lol.

But I see where you're coming from. I definitely lack self resepct, and it's something I've been working on. And as far a goals, I'm actually enrolling back in college this fall, and I'm searching for a new job.

And I know plenty of people who use, and by use I mean misunderstand, Christianity as a "lottery ticket." God ultimately has a plan for everybody's life, but that in no way takes away from human responsibility to achieve said goals.

But I see where you're coming from. I definitely lack self resepct, and it's something I've been working on. And as far a goals, I'm actually enrolling back in college this fall, and I'm searching for a new job.

And I know plenty of people who use, and by use I mean misunderstand, Christianity as a "lottery ticket." God ultimately has a plan for everybody's life, but that in no way takes away from human responsibility to achieve said goals.

Good boy. Just study something useful for employment.

You certainly wouldn't be the first young 'um to grow up before our eyes here on TBD!

And start dating for real....that's how you actually learn about women. You should be all over Tinder or match at your age.

mead's right!! Take his advice! I attended a home opener with the TBD group! I haven't been the same since.

"God helps those who help themselves."

Honestly...I don't actually know that you have any problems. But I think you might invent a lot of them.

You are a pretty depressing dude. I enjoy following your posts on here because it makes me feel better about myself. That's not a compliment. I think that KD in CT has given you some pretty good advice. Tinder is probably a good start. Go on there and start making some impulse decisions. You overanalyze everything (hence starting a thread to overanalyze your issues).

Have a little self respect and confidence. Go out and do some things that you are afraid of. Go talk to a strange girl in a bar. Go tell a stranger to "eff off." Go take a trip without overthinking it. Live a little!!!

I could talk to my son if you would like to change jobs. He has a lot of pull with people that hire people that like to travel and see the world. With your very friendly ways and ease of talking to people I am sure he could get you a job as a information gatherer. I know he could hook you up for a trip to afganastan or some other exciting place.

You're asking a bunch of strangers who don't know you personally "what is wrong with me." It seems like instead you might ask this of a therapist. I'm not poking fun at you. It sounds like you may need some professional help.

:lol:

“You know you really need some help. A regular psychiatrist couldn't even help you. You need to go to like Vienna or something. You know what I mean? You need to get involved at the University level. Like where Freud studied and have all those people looking at you and checking up on you. That's the kind of help you need. Not the once a week for eighty bucks. No. You need a team. A team of psychiatrists working round the clock thinking about you, having conferences, observing you, like the way they did with the Elephant Man. That's what I'm talking about because that's the only way you're going to get better.”

• 2 weeks later...

You're the one always lamenting over women, yes???

Can you come to NC for a while? I can help you out. Being single is awful and I miss my ex terribly and all the fun we had. It was a great relationship where we could do everything and anything together. Now, it is every other day I am meeting someone new, a new date a new opportunity, allowing myself to be out there and open. Jeesh, I just do not have the energy in my 30's to keep up. Last Saturday went to a park to hike solo, end up at visitors center to make sure I had a map and a guy asked me abotu what trails to take and whats good to do there. After my suggestions it turns out a gorgeous 20something year old was listening and impressed with my knowledge and me so szhe asked to go with me. We have plans next weekend for a weekend trip to the mountains for hiking. Then Sunday a girl I've known for a while who's boyfriend is out of town stopped over; poor boyfriend just don't know. Then Monday night a friend i had not seen in a while brought me some food after work and that was fun. She had known that I had a busy Tuesday doing farm stuff so she didn't want to stay late and knew just when to leave. Tuesday morning a friend came over for breakfast and ride with me to drop off some steers. Then Wednesday night, no joke, I play with Words With Friends. I get random invites to play games, I get one from a woman who is hot then starts chatting so I just tell her to text me and she does. We text throughout the day getting along As I go to leave work around 10:30pm she asks where I work and discover she lives 5 minutes from where I work and when I found this out I left work and we hung out until 3am. Thursday morning lunch with a friend who has wanted me for a while but intimidated because she thinks I am too good for her (laughable), Friday I slept in, Saturday an ex gf came over (Kelly, for those that know her) to help me clean my house. I slept until 2pm today to catch up on sleep and been doing farm work all day.

The girl from the park and girl from Words With Friends are strong contenders for the next round and the TBDHOT.

Yes, Joe, I am bragging but my point is you have to put yourself out there for women and just not give a crap. So what is wrong with you - hell, for two weeks and still I have had more drama and crap in my life then one would care to deal with in a month with some life altering news... Just gotta keep up the good spirit.

Not Boyst though right?

How much else have I missed out on here? Jeesh.

This is an open discussion.

if you are seriously a virgin and just a normal dude, just keep getting drunk at your local bar and you will score eventually. if that doesnt work after a month or two, just buy a ho. 24 man, you gotta get that out the way bro... i finally lost mine at 20 and that was just a result of me being a little introverted, a lot of girls really like me, well until they get to really know me, then they run for their life, unless theyre crazy like me... js

if you are seriously a virgin and just a normal dude, just keep getting drunk at your local bar and you will score eventually. if that doesnt work after a month or two, just buy a ho. 24 man, you gotta get that out the way bro... i finally lost mine at 20 and that was just a result of me being a little introverted, a lot of girls really like me, well until they get to really know me, then they run for their life, unless theyre crazy like me... js

Edited by kelsay2sackseason

You're the one always lamenting over women, yes???

Can you come to NC for a while? I can help you out. Being single is awful and I miss my ex terribly and all the fun we had. It was a great relationship where we could do everything and anything together. Now, it is every other day I am meeting someone new, a new date a new opportunity, allowing myself to be out there and open. Jeesh, I just do not have the energy in my 30's to keep up. Last Saturday went to a park to hike solo, end up at visitors center to make sure I had a map and a guy asked me abotu what trails to take and whats good to do there. After my suggestions it turns out a gorgeous 20something year old was listening and impressed with my knowledge and me so szhe asked to go with me. We have plans next weekend for a weekend trip to the mountains for hiking. Then Sunday a girl I've known for a while who's boyfriend is out of town stopped over; poor boyfriend just don't know. Then Monday night a friend i had not seen in a while brought me some food after work and that was fun. She had known that I had a busy Tuesday doing farm stuff so she didn't want to stay late and knew just when to leave. Tuesday morning a friend came over for breakfast and ride with me to drop off some steers. Then Wednesday night, no joke, I play with Words With Friends. I get random invites to play games, I get one from a woman who is hot then starts chatting so I just tell her to text me and she does. We text throughout the day getting along As I go to leave work around 10:30pm she asks where I work and discover she lives 5 minutes from where I work and when I found this out I left work and we hung out until 3am. Thursday morning lunch with a friend who has wanted me for a while but intimidated because she thinks I am too good for her (laughable), Friday I slept in, Saturday an ex gf came over (Kelly, for those that know her) to help me clean my house. I slept until 2pm today to catch up on sleep and been doing farm work all day.

The girl from the park and girl from Words With Friends are strong contenders for the next round and the TBDHOT.

Yes, Joe, I am bragging but my point is you have to put yourself out there for women and just not give a crap. So what is wrong with you - hell, for two weeks and still I have had more drama and crap in my life then one would care to deal with in a month with some life altering news... Just gotta keep up the good spirit.

How much else have I missed out on here? Jeesh.

In your 30's?????