What Would It Take To Get Mettenberger?

I would love to get either Mettenberger or Glennon, my quess is that either of them can be had now for a late draft pick 5 or 6. Both of them have a much higher upside than any of QB's we have on the roster right now

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to get either Mettenberger or Glennon, my quess is that either of them can be had now for a late draft pick 5 or 6. Both of them have a much higher upside than any of QB's we have on the roster right now

mett has requested a trade

Speaking of hindsight, how about assessing the QBS that the Bills could have had in the last 2 years and tell me which one we whiffed on? Here's a clue: none of them.

And if Mettenburger/Murray/anyone in 2014 has some success? Does that mean we whiffed on one?

And if Mettenburger/Murray/anyone in 2014 has some success? Does that mean we whiffed on one?

By success do you mean seeing him throw a TD on SportsCenter?

Obviously Tennessee is so impressed with Mettenburger they turned down a monster trade package from the Eagles to roll the dice on Mariotta.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

By success do you mean seeing him throw a TD on SportsCenter?

Obviously Tennessee is so impressed with Mettenburger they turned down a monster trade package from the Eagles to roll the dice on Mariotta.

So what are you arguing exactly? Mettenburger after six games isn't a HoFer, thus, we didn't make any mistake not drafting him?

Edited by FireChan

So what are you arguing exactly? Mettenburger after six games isn't a HoFer, thus, we didn't make any mistake not drafting him?

Are you saying at 0-6 as a starter he is? What does drafting Mariotta tell you? Edited by PromoTheRobot

Are you saying at 0-6 as a starter he is? What does drafting Mariotta tell you?

That they like Mariota over Mettenburger?

What does trading for Matt Cassel tell you? Probably nothing, right?

Edited by FireChan

That they like Mariota over Mettenburger?

What does trading for Matt Cassel tell you? Probably nothing, right?

That they want a veteran backup at least, who khas get possibly be a quality starter if need be.

That Tom Brady or Aarons Rogers weren't available?

So trading for Cassel says nothing about our QB situation, but picking the #2 Heisman winning QB in a notoriously weak draft means that Mettenburger sucks and will always suck. Got it.

Edited by FireChan

Some Bills fans' logic. Even though ZM's QBR was 12 points lower than EJ's rookie year QBR, he clearly has more upside.

How in the world did we come to a point where a 6th round pick with off the field issues can go 0-6 and demand a trade? Sounds like he is very entitled.

Mettenberger and Zach Stacy requesting trades is too funny. Stacy especially. Hate to break it to you buddy, but you were relegated to the bench well before Todd Gurley was a Ram.

Agreed. It's funny. Stacy had a decent rookie year but was severely out played by Mason last year.

But hey, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

So trading for Cassel says nothing about our QB situation, but picking the #2 Heisman winning QB in a notoriously weak draft means that Mettenburger sucks and will always suck. Got it.

Because trading a late round pick for a veteran back up QB and selecting a Heisman winning QB with the number two overall pick are such eerily similar scenarios... :doh:

Because trading a late round pick for a veteran back up QB and selecting a Heisman winning QB with the number two overall pick are such eerily similar scenarios... :doh:

Traded two late rounders and took on his salary. Which, IIRC, is more than Mariota's.

Traded two late rounders and took on his salary. Which, IIRC, is more than Mariota's.

We got Cassel and a 6th round pick for 5th this year and a 7th next year. You're right. That is probably more than the Titans turned down to draft MM.

We got Cassel and a 6th round pick for 5th this year and a 7th next year. You're right. That is probably more than the Titans turned down to draft MM.

Did you read my post? Or in your haste to defend EJ's honor, you skimmed?

We are only a QB away from doing this. If he can be had for a late round pick, do it. Let all of the QBs compete in training camp and preseason and then choose the best three.

Screw loyalty to any of our current QBs. I'm sure they are all great people, but for the first time in a while, we have a window opening.

We are only a QB away from doing this. If he can be had for a late round pick, do it. Let all of the QBs compete in training camp and preseason and then choose the best three.

Screw loyalty to any of our current QBs. I'm sure they are all great people, but for the first time in a while, we have a window opening.

But the point is that these QBs are projects themselves. They might get eaten alive if they were forced to start. So you would be throwing away our first pick in the draft.

And if they struggle, how many games do they get before we want to get rid of them? 14?