Plausible trade for #1 overall?

I just read a story about Adrian Peterson's agent in a picture wearing a Buccaneers hat and posing in front of Peteron's Viking jersey. That got me to thinking how Peterson traded to Tampa could go down involving the draft. Here's the blockbuster I cooked up...

Tampa Bay - gets Bradford, Peterson, Mathis (OG, Eagles), 2016 1st rd pick (instant offense), lose #1 overall pick

Minnesota - gets Eagles #20 pick (Vikings can draft Gurley at #11 if he's there or Gordon at #20) and still have an extra 1st round pick), lose Peterson
Philadelphia - gets Bucs #1 pick Mariota (Chip gets his guy), lose Bradford and Mathis, 2016 1st rd pick
It's a crazy trade idea no doubt, but it seems like it works for all teams involved. If Bradford doesn't work out in Tampa, they would have two 1st round picks in 2016 so would be in position to take a top rookie QB in the next draft class.
Edited by 1billsfan

Peterson's market, especially with his current contract, is not a 1st round pick IMO

If Tampa were to trade out of 1 they would probably rather have Bradford, Mathis, pick #20, and a 2016 1st round pick than to even involve Peterson and another team.

I'm pretty sure that Peterson knows he's going to get a restructured contract no matter where he ends up. There's probably a lot of negotiating going on regarding what the contract would look like among the teams he's being shopped to. I would imagine it being a 10 million a year for 4 years contract with about 25 million guaranteed.

Edited by 1billsfan

Even more important Bradford only has 1 year remaining on his deal. He would need to be extended as well before anyone would accept him in a trade.

They'd be getting a one year try out with Bradford while having two 1st round picks next year. If Bradford has a good year and he fights them with the new contract they can always franchise him. So basically they'll have a built in 2 year window with Bradford.

If they don't want to gamble on Winston being Jamarcus Russell 2.0 and Mariota doesn't fit their offense, then I think this trade gives them options regarding the QB position without having to be all in for the next three years on Winston and sweating it out wondering if he's going to do something stupid.

IF a trade COMES THROUGH the mostly likely scenario ive heard is a threeway with bradford going to cleveland ,,,philly get two 1sts and extras and then eagles trade all three 1st pick to titans to draft mariota titans walks away with three ones ,interesting possiblity.!

Peterson's agent is fantasizing--or at least trying to convince his poor semi-literate client of his "true" value.

Tampa isn't going to give up their number one pick with Winston sitting there in order to get a RB who has played one season since tearing up his ACL and last year beat his son bloddy and is one impure act from getting the boot from the league.

Every team knows that Minnesota is on the hook for a lot of money for Peterson this year. They are going to wait it out and low ball him.

I just read a story about Adrian Peterson's agent in a picture wearing a Buccaneers hat and posing in front of Peteron's Viking jersey. That got me to thinking how Peterson traded to Tampa could go down involving the draft. Here's the blockbuster I cooked up...

Tampa Bay - gets Bradford, Peterson, Mathis (OG, Eagles), 2016 1st rd pick (instant offense), lose #1 overall pick

Minnesota - gets Eagles #20 pick (Vikings can draft Gurley at #11 if he's there or Gordon at #20) and still have an extra 1st round pick), lose Peterson
Philadelphia - gets Bucs #1 pick Mariota (Chip gets his guy), lose Bradford and Mathis, 2016 1st rd pick
It's a crazy trade idea no doubt, but it seems like it works for all teams involved. If Bradford doesn't work out in Tampa, they would have two 1st round picks in 2016 so would be in position to take a top rookie QB in the next draft class.

PHILADELPHIA INQUIRER REPORTS WIDE SPREAD RIOTING AND FIRES FOLLOWING EAGLES LOSS TO BUFFALO BILLS. (Dec 13, 2015)

Today after the Buffalo Bills ground and pound attack lead by QB Matt Cassel and LeSean Mckoy totally dismantled the Philadelphia Eagles leaving their prized rookie QB Mariota sprawled on the carpet at Lincoln Field, the fans in the city of brotherly love turned into brotherly blood. During his post game press conference Eagles head coach Chip Kelly invited Buffalo Bills head coach, Rex Ryan up to the podium to explain how he could unleash such a monstrous attack on the eagles rookie QB, leaving him clinging to life. After Ryan explained the x's and o's of the NFL, he suggested Kelly stock his team with more talent, to wit Kelly replied, " I'll give you 2 steaks subs from Pat's and my mom's best pasta recipe for Ej Manuel." Ryan quipped, "son I don't eat red meat and I don't need yo momma's recipe, I already got yo momma". At that the dejected eagles head coach left the press conference, and was later found face down on the side of the street along Ben Franklin Boulevard with 2 steak subs stuck up his butt and a mouth full of meat balls. Police suspect that his death was a result of foul play. All along the 95, and 695 highways drivers in black, white, silver and green cars reported being forced off the roads and pulled from their cars by crazed Eagle fans, then forced to watch as their hard earned mode of transportation was smashed and burned. Blocks and blocks of looting and burnings were reported by business owners and residents as they ran for their lives seeking a safe haven. Returning from a South Street riot scene, this reporter happened upon a badly torn and tattered Santa Claus sitting on the steps of the Ben Franklin Museum. When asked what happened, he could only muster, " but I'm not even an Eagles fan, hell I hate football." He then pointed to his precious chariot sitting at the curb, smashed to bits with Reindeer carcasses littering the street, he said "look what they did to my sleigh and reindeer". Continuing, "how on earth am I going to explain to Mrs. Claus what happened to Blisten? He was her favorite." Finally, with seemingly his last breath he said, "hey chief, you think I can get a lift?"

Edited by RokpileR

PHILADELPHIA INQUIRER REPORTS WIDE SPREAD RIOTING AND FIRES FOLLOWING EAGLES LOSS TO BUFFALO BILLS. (Dec 13, 2015)

Today after the Buffalo Bills ground and pound attack lead by QB Matt Cassel and LeSean Mckoy totally dismantled the Philadelphia Eagles leaving their prized rookie QB Mariota sprawled on the carpet at Lincoln Field, the fans in the city of brotherly love turned into brotherly blood. During his post game press conference Eagles head coach Chip Kelly invited Buffalo Bills head coach, Rex Ryan up to the podium to explain how he could unleash such a monstrous attack on the eagles rookie QB, leaving him clinging to life. After Ryan explained the x's and o's of the NFL, he suggested Kelly stock his team with more talent, to wit Kelly replied, " I'll give you 2 steaks subs from Pat's and my mom's best pasta recipe for Ej Manuel." Ryan quipped, "son I don't eat red meat and I don't need yo momma's recipe, I already got yo momma". At that the dejected eagles head coach left the press conference, and was later found face down on the side of the street along Ben Franklin Boulevard with 2 steak subs stuck up his butt and a mouth full of meat balls. Police suspect that his death was a result of foul play. All along the 95, and 695 highways drivers in black, white, silver and green cars reported being forced off the roads and pulled from their cars by crazed Eagle fans, then forced to watch as their hard earned mode of transportation was smashed and burned. Blocks and blocks of looting and burnings were reported by business owners and residents as they ran for their lives seeking a safe haven. Returning from a South Street riot scene, this reporter happened upon a badly torn and tattered Santa Claus sitting on the steps of the Ben Franklin Museum. When asked what happened, he could only muster, " but I'm not even an Eagles fan, hell I hate football." He then pointed to his precious chariot sitting at the curb, smashed to bits with Reindeer carcasses littering the street, he said "look what they did to my sleigh and reindeer". Continuing, "how on earth am I going to explain to Mrs. Claus what happened to Blisten? He was her favorite." Finally, with seemingly his last breath he said, "hey chief, you think I can get a lift?"

ermahgerd

Peterson's agent is fantasizing--or at least trying to convince his poor semi-literate client of his "true" value.

The rest of your post was logical, and most likely true. But please, explain to me how you know Peterson is semi-literate?

Edited by Sumin

So TB is going to trade the #1 overall pick for a QB that is coming off his second ACL tear and has shown zero ability to stay on the field, a 30 year-old RB who basically hasn't played in over a year, a 33 year old guard and a 1st round pick that is likely in the bottom half of the draft? Come on now.

i think Tampa would be dumb not to take Winston. he's the best QB since Luck and will be a day 1 starter and franchise QB for the next 10 yrs. him "stealing" crab legs is hardly a reason not to draft the best player in the draft. i believe him when he says he had a hookup at the store that was giving him free stuff. i've been offered free stuff from friends lots of times so i can only imagine how it is for a big time celebrity in a small town like that.

i think the trade happens at #2. between the Browns, the Jets, and the Eagles, i bet one of those teams goes all in for Mariota. which i think is silly for a guy that probably needs a year or two to sit and develop. i think the Browns are prepared to give up their 2 first round picks, the Jets will have to give up their first this year and next year and maybe another low round pick as well, and the Eagles will give up Bradford plus a 1st next year and possibly another low round pick. the wildcard would be the Chargers trying to offer up Rivers but Tennessee would have to be pretty sure Rivers will sign an extension with them

i think the Cowboys would like to get Peterson but i don't know if they are willing to give the Vikings what they want (I'm guessing a 1st round pick). i think Arizona might be desperate enough for a RB to make it happen though. we'll see

AP contract is nearly double any other RB in the league, no way the Vikings can swing a 1st for him, I just don't see it. They have no leverage on other teams but do with AP, that's all. How anyone would mortgage their future for Marriota is freaking unbelievable to me. If he was Andrew Luck, "maybe", but Marriota, PULEASE..

Tim-