Coincidences & superstitions about 2015 schedule

LA Grant

UP FRONT: It's the off-season. This is a thread of nonsense. Get into it or don't.

Fun coincidence about the schedule:

We face all of our Super Bowl opponents IN ORDER — Giants, then Redskins, then Cowboys — and we also play the Titans in Tennessee. All 4 of those games are very winnable. Imagine going 4-0 over teams that prevented the Bills from winning the Super Bowl in a single season.

Second fun coincidence:

The last time Buffalo had 5 road games in 6 weeks was 1991. They won 4-of-5 in that stretch.

Third fun coincidence:

This is the year of Super Bowl 50, the 25th anniversary since our first SB appearance.

Conclusion:

Beating all of the most prominent rivals in franchise history in one momentous year, the first year under a new owner, on the way to a deep playoff run would be the necessary ingredients to symbolically end the futility streak. I wouldn't mind if they also took down OJ Simpson's name from the Wall and replaced it with Flutie's, if it will appease the football gods.

Real talk, this feels like the year that Buffalo finally shakes off past failures and ghosts from the RCW era, makes a new legacy under Pegula. Close the book on the curse forever. This becomes Year One of the new Buffalo Bills.

"This is the year of Super Bowl 50, the 25th anniversary since our first SB appearance."

This is hard to believe; that is a long time ago. The Bills, as a franchise, was only 8 years old when I started following them. THAT seems like a long time ago, but the first Super Bowl? Remember it like yesterday. Before the kick, my wife couldn't stand to watch and went upstairs. Wish I had too!

UP FRONT: It's the off-season. This is a thread of nonsense. Get into it or don't.

Fun coincidence about the schedule:

We face all of our Super Bowl opponents IN ORDER — Giants, then Redskins, then Cowboys — and we also play the Titans in Tennessee. All 4 of those games are very winnable. Imagine going 4-0 over teams that prevented the Bills from winning the Super Bowl in a single season.

Second fun coincidence:

The last time Buffalo had 5 road games in 6 weeks was 1991. They won 4-of-5 in that stretch.

Third fun coincidence:

This is the year of Super Bowl 50, the 25th anniversary since our first SB appearance.

Conclusion:

Beating all of the most prominent rivals in franchise history in one momentous year, the first year under a new owner, on the way to a deep playoff run would be the necessary ingredients to symbolically end the futility streak.

Been there, done that in '93. Beat the Cowboys in Dallas on Kurt Schultz' goal line INT, bested the G-Men on a Sunday Night at the Ralph and stomped the 'Skins on MNF. Still lost to Dallas SBXXVII..

Second fun coincidence:

Nice. I looked, and they also won the lone home game amidst that stretch. @GB, @Mia, @NE* (Loss), NYJ, @Raiders, @Indy

I love the optimism, I really do. The eternal optimists keep us cynics sane. Because deep down we want to go with our hearts, and say, yeah it could happen. Then our brain kicks, our Buffalo-Murphys law kicks in and we try to picture Cassel or EJ hoisting a trophy on national TV in our heads....and say..naw, my years of watching football just cant picture that happening.

Been there, done that in '93. Beat the Cowboys in Dallas on Kurt Schultz' goal line INT, bested the G-Men on a Sunday Night at the Ralph and stomped the 'Skins on MNF. Still lost to Dallas SBXXVII..

Did it again in 96 too, no superbowl that year tho.

Nice. I looked, and they also won the lone home game amidst that stretch. @GB, @Mia, @NE* (Loss), NYJ, @Raiders, @Indy

The Pats loss was only by 3 too. Imagine the Patriots stomping our hearts even in the glory days,! !@#$ers

Edited by Billsfansince90

It was Matt Darby.

I stand corrected, Sir.

Not for nothing but in 1990 we opened against Indy. Now, 25 years after super bowl xxv we do the same thing. just sayin.'

The advent of the No-huddle K-Gun. Bennett knocked out rookie Jeff George on a vicious sack.