Who won't be a Buffalo Bill by opening day?

rfk

Everyone knows that I am not a Hogan fan but that isn't why some have him as a bubble guy. He probably makes the team but he is the #4th WR and the 5th to be active on a game day (if that makes sense because Easley will always be active). The Bills were 31st (I think) last year in years from the slot. That is why they went and got Percy. I do not think that they will keep both Hogan and Goodwin. While Hogan has shown to be more consistent he doesn't offer any skills that make him a difference maker. He is a guy that will only play if there is an injury and even then they may use Clay some lined up in the slot instead.

In addition, they have been fascinated with the idea of a "big receiver" for like 2-3 years. If they add that guy in the draft what is Hogan's role? It isn't that he doesn't belong on an NFL roster because he proved last year that he does. He has some upside as well. I am just not sure how much he will see the field. If you are going to only play this guy 5 or so snaps a game (on offense) who will make a bigger impact Hogan or Goodwin? That is something that the coaching staff and FO has to figure out.

This is precisely why I said above that Hogan might be gone. It's quite possible, IMO, that they see first hand how good Goodwin is, and what a threat he is, and there is nothing like his speed. Him in the game will force defenses to lay back and then they can run easier. So even though they know Goodwin is an injury risk, they go with him and they keep him and some games he is active. If he gets hurt, they keep Caleb Holley, the big WR on the PS and just bring him up.

As soon as Leroi responds

+1

If they add that guy in the draft what is Hogan's role?

That draft pick would likely not be the 2nd or 3rd rounder (since they said those guys are envisioned to be immediate contributors) and it's unlikely a 5th-7th round pick could beat out a guy with Hogan's experience to be the 5th wideout on game days.

Likely a practice squad addition, unless they strike gold...

I'd rather see Fred cut than Hogan.

Yeah I said it.........

I just don't get this. I'm all for moving on from nostalgia type guys that aren't contributors...but I just can't see how Fred is that player. He had 66 receiptions last year (3rd for RBs in NFL) for 500+ yards (again 3rd) and remains the guy I trust most to gut out that must have 3rd down. I might be with you if it was some big cap hit that could be used for X player, but I don't see another guy at 2.5m that is going to bring the value Fred can.

There is absolutely no reason why any Bills fan would "dream" for EJ Manuel to be cut. Just an unsupportable statement.

But, but, I've been having that same dream ! :nana: .... Cuts... how about Kouandjio, Gray, Rambo ----> when we draft our new starting safety. Taking Richardson, Williams and Brooks was my first thoughts but why go chalk ?