Favorite moment as a Bills fan

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 November, 2012.

I know you're fishing for someone to ask. Why is that your favorite moment, if we lost? Is that when Pagano was sick and made the surprise appearance?

And looking back at that schedule, to look at that whole season, hurt me. That was the year I was sure Fitz would lead us to the promised land.

I know you're fishing for someone to ask. Why is that your favorite moment, if we lost? Is that when Pagano was sick and made the surprise appearance?

And looking back at that schedule, to look at that whole season, hurt me. That was the year I was sure Fitz would lead us to the promised land.

Someone "special" joined the board on 26 November, 2012.

:lol: fell right into my trap :lol:

Back during the SB years , we played against The Saints . I believe this was the same year Kelly and Young had the no punt game. Anyhow, The Bills ended up winning a brutal slugfest. The score was like 10-12 or something. The Saints had that 3-4 D with Mill, Swilling , Kirkland(?) and someone else and they were tough. This is back when we used to get killed every year by Pittsburg or KC in a game where we would just get out physicaled. This looked like it would be the same kind of game and the Saints were favored.

After the game Kelly got up on the podium, he'd been beaten to hell, and looked it. He said something like, Before I answer questions let me ask one, " Who in here thought we were going to win this game?" A few reporters raised their hands and he exploded at them, " YOU'RE A LIAR, YOU'RE A LIAR AND YOU'RE A LIAR!!!! No one other than us thought we could win this game!!!!!!

To this day, I get chills when I remember that presser.

That moment epitomized who and what those SB teams where all about. I would kill to find a copy of that post game press conference.

I remember that presser, it was a great moment.

It's hard for me to pick one, but I was at the Jets game when the Kelly-era Bills clinched a playoff birth for the first time (1988), and was one of the first people on the field. It was my first year as a season ticket holder, and they didn't lose a home game. It was glorious.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Ending the curse against the Dolphins in 1980 was the greatest sports experience of my entire life. I was 13 at the time, and we had season tickets. Hadn't beat Miami since 1969, when I was just two years old. It was the wildest atmosphere I've ever been around. We hated the Dolphins then even more than the Patriots now. We had some good teams in the OJ mid 70s era, but could never beat them. Not once, and usually not even close.

Talkin' Proud was blaring. The fans never sat down, even in the lower sideline seats. The crowd was so loud you couldn't hear yourself scream. When it ended and we won, ending an 0-20 decade, I cried like a baby and so did most of the fans around me. The goalposts came down. It was a total love fest. I've never been around anything like it.

Sitting in a freezing Shea Stadium, watching O.J. beat 2000 yards.

Other than the memorable ones from the heyday, this is the one I remember most as a young kid. Going over 2000 yards in a 14 game season was a big deal. He averaged 143 yards per game.

Week 3 of 2011, it was the last home game I attended. We came back from a 21-10 halftime score to defeat Tom Brady and the Pats* 34-31 and Tom Brady threw 4 picks. When the game ended nearly the entire stadium stayed in their seats and cheered for probably 15 minutes, but it felt like an hour, and it felt absolutely amazing.

While I wasn't at that game I was at a Bills Backers bar in NYC called McFadden's. I arrived and we were down 14-0 and I was waiting for a girl to arrive who was also a fan. Horrible way to start a date! Making matters worse, Brady immediately threaded one in to Gronk putting them up 21-0. Then I remember feeling somewhat hopeful at halftime when we pulled within 11, remembering the sick comeback from the week before against the Raiders. Then later when the Florence pick 6 happened I felt like the roof would come off the place, indescribable joy! Still nothing compared to the apotheosis that was the Jackson catch and run and the Field Goal to win it and end the drought. This was immediately proceeded by fans storming the streets of NY, stopping traffic, hugging and high-fiving complete strangers, and just complete mayhem that lasted hours afterwords! A beautiful turning point in franchise history. Even though we tanked second half of that year I feel that game will be looked back upon as one that changed the culture of the fanbase and team. Let's hope this year we can step on the gas!!

Watching OJ run in the Rockpile and at Rich.

I did both. At Rich they had signs that said the Juice Stand. I later saw the Stones there in the 70's a couple times, and they had different signs hanging. More of a marketing variety. (If you were there you know - if you weren't you might easily guess.) Eye opening for a young lad. And unlikely these days.

Watching O.J. Simpson gain 2003 yards!!! Hands down the Greatest display of running I have ever seen.. Still the only player to gain over 2,000 yards in 14 games and he was beautiful to watch... Long before he messed his life up and became a national Freak Show... He was "The Juice" and he was all ours... Go Bills!!!!

As far as games I attended, it's impossible not to go with the oilers comeback, I mean come on. There were several gems from the 1990 regular season that are up there too- people often bring up the broncos comeback game but an incredibly underrated game in bills history was the following week (I believe) when they pulled off another 4th quarter comeback against the LA raiders on sunday night football. Was pretty spoiled to have had season tickets from 87-95 as a kid, there are endless moments to recall. I'd have to do like a top 25 list to do it justice.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

As far as games I attended, it's impossible not to go with the oilers comeback, I mean come on. There were several gems from the 1990 regular season that are up there too- people often bring up the broncos comeback game but an incredibly underrated game in bills history was the following week (I believe) when they pulled off another 4th quarter comeback against the LA raiders on sunday night football. Was pretty spoiled to have had season tickets from 87-95 as a kid, there are endless moments to recall. I'd have to do like a top 25 list to do it justice.

I have well over 35 games in my top 25 list.

A lot of good ones here. My first game was the AFC Championship game against the Chiefs. I was like 11 and my brother was 10. My mom tooks us. We took a Metro from South Campus and it took forever to get to Orchard Park. Sat in the last row of the stadium on a cold day and saw Bruce knocked out Montana.