Current/Recent Bills who are Wall of Fame worthy

Even though the Bills have basically been inept as a team/organization the last 16 years or so... there have been a handful of laudable individual performances/careers over that time span that deserve to be memorialized on the Wall of Fame at the Ralph. Now that we've pretty much exhausted the Super Bowl era choices... it's time to pick from a new batch.
Here's my list

2000's ERA

• Brian Moorman - fan favorite, class act, and arguably the best player on the team during the lost decade. Putting a punter up there would be a very cool.. very Buffalo thing to do

2010s ERA

• Fred Jackson - another fan favorite, class act and the heart and soul of the offense for the last 5 years or so.

• Kyle Williams - team captain, locker room leader, class act and arguably the best defensive player since Bruce Smith

Who do you think deserves to go up on the Wall from either current or recent players?

Edited by Bocephuz

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kyle Williams is my only sure thing.

FredEx is awesome, and the heart of the team in many ways, but his career numbers aren't really there to justify it. Other guys are too young, or haven't been "career" Bills, in order for me to consider.

Fred Jackson is absolutely, 100%, beyond a shadow of a doubt, a wall of famer. I think some of you may be overestimating the achievement of getting on the wall of fame. I wish it was a more exclusive club but there are already some borderline guys up there. All the aforementioned players will eventually get up. So too should Ruben Brown, Eric Moulds, Cookie Gilchrist, Lou Saban, Cornelius Bennett and probably Ernie Warlick. I guess what I'm trying to say is that if Phil Hansen is on the wall of fame then so too should every guy that's been mentioned. It was clearly Ralph's call in the past and he clearly picked guys that he liked personally. I think that with his passing, you will see Saban get up soon.

Great topic! Fred and Kyle are the only ones that have already done what is necessary to be up there IMO. Mario is probably next on the list and only needs a couple more good years to justify it (which I expect). There are some guys that are a long ways away but Dareus and Watkins have the physical skills to be HOF players (as does Mario). It is too early to start predicting how their careers will turn out so for now I will say: Fred, Kyle and Mario (since I don't see his game falling off a cliff in the next couple of years).

Mario if he finishes career here and maintains all pro level a few more years.

I like your original three in the thread. Kyle, Fred and Moorman. I love the Moorman pick for the reasons the OP outlined. Guy was an athletic freak...a really good punter and what other punter would have bounced off the turf after this?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap2000000308486/Sean-Taylor-hits-Brian-Moorman

I'm going with none of the above. I love them all as Bills. But I just don't see wall-worthy careers there.

If I had to name one who should be there eventually, I'd agree with FC ... Schobel's career was wall-worthy.

I'm going with none of the above. I love them all as Bills. But I just don't see wall-worthy careers there.

If I had to name one who should be there eventually, I'd agree with FC ... Schobel's career was wall-worthy.

I agree with this. I think Fred, Kyle and Brian have had long, productive careers with the Bills but none of them have been extraordinary. I just don't think they belong on the wall with the All-Time greats. Give them some sort of recognition for sure, but I just don't see them belonging on the wall. Now, if we end up having some playoff games in the next couple years and these guys contribute, then I would reconsider. But as of right now, I would vote NO for putting any of them on the wall. I would say Frank Reich deserves to be on there before any of the current/recent players.

Edited by Maddog69

What about Fred Jackson isn't wall worthy?

He's never been great. And the Bills have never even been good while he's been on the team. I know he's a God around these parts, but those are both factual statements.

I have no doubt that he'll be one of my favorite all time Bills forever, personally. That doesn't make him great. It just means I like him a lot.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Top-10-Bills-rushers-of-all-time/b62e9b92-7f0c-4e47-a79b-fd92b919e818

Look at the drop-off after Thurman. It's huge. Also note how his stats are just about equal to many who were Bills 1/2 the time he was. Again ... love the guy. But he was "very good" for a few years out of his 8 in Buffalo.

The Wall is for truly, consistently, great players, in my opinion.

Edited by Gugny

He's never been great. And the Bills have never even been good while he's been on the team. I know he's a God around these parts, but those are both factual statements.

I have no doubt that he'll be one of my favorite all time Bills forever, personally. That doesn't make him great. It just means I like him a lot.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Top-10-Bills-rushers-of-all-time/b62e9b92-7f0c-4e47-a79b-fd92b919e818

Look at the drop-off after Thurman. It's huge. Also note how his stats are just about equal to many who were Bills 1/2 the time he was. Again ... love the guy. But he was "very good" for a few years out of his 8 in Buffalo.

The Wall is for truly, consistently, great players, in my opinion.

Phil Hansen?