Dareus appears interested to stay in Buffalo

Drreef2

At his plea, someone asked him about staying in Buffalo:

Upon arriving, Dareus had a brief chat with a Bills fan who recognized the player inside the courtroom.

In wishing Dareus well, the person hoped he will re-sign with the Bills before the final year of his contract expires after next season.

"Let's see if I can stay in Buffalo," Dareus responded. "I want to."

http://pro32.ap.org/article/bills-marcell-dareus-reaches-plea-deal-car-racing-charges

This sounds encouraging. Now we need a reasonable contract unlike Suh's contract. Hopefully we get something done after the draft. Go Bills!!

At his plea, someone asked him about staying in Buffalo:

Upon arriving, Dareus had a brief chat with a Bills fan who recognized the player inside the courtroom.

In wishing Dareus well, the person hoped he will re-sign with the Bills before the final year of his contract expires after next season.

"Let's see if I can stay in Buffalo," Dareus responded. "I want to."

http://pro32.ap.org/article/bills-marcell-dareus-reaches-plea-deal-car-racing-charges

This sounds encouraging. Now we need a reasonable contract unlike Suh's contract. Hopefully we get something done after the draft. Go Bills!!

The Lions are the Lions because they let players of Suh's caliber walk. Hopefully the Bills are no longer the Bills and don't do the same with Dareus. Great teams retain their best talent and, in my opinion, Dareus is the best player on our roster at the moment and he is just getting to his prime years.

Edited by Mark80

Very PR of him. No one is ever gonna say exactly what they are thinking to a fan the year off a contract. It's all about perception. What he really meant was "I will stay in Buffalo if they pay me the most handsome amount".

I honestly need to see him dominate another year before I'm going to throw money at him. But I'm not the GM.

Very PR of him. No one is ever gonna say exactly what they are thinking to a fan the year off a contract. It's all about perception. What he really meant was "I will stay in Buffalo if they pay me the most handsome amount".

I honestly need to see him dominate another year before I'm going to throw money at him. But I'm not the GM.

And that's exactly what was said about Jerry Hughes too. By most accounts he could have earned quite a bit more on the FA market but chose to sign here.

but a promise is a promise :cry:

Then I guess the Bills should have offered him a buck to stay since he promised.

But seriously, after this off-season do you really think the Bills are going to cheap out?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Then I guess the Bills should have offered him a buck to stay since he promised.

But seriously, after this off-season do you really think the Bills are going to cheap out?

god no. I don't think there is anyway the bills let dareus walk. Worst case scenario is a franchise tag. But I think a deal gets done before then.

Except the Bills didn't make Levitre a competitive offer to stay.

Thankfully.

This. Re-sign with the team for less than Suh and we'll know he really wanted to stay.

All I needed to see was the Oakland game last year. They couldn't run on us until Darieus got hurt, then they were ripping off 10-15 yards runs at will. Pay the man, he is the best player on the roster & he is top 3 in his position in the league.

People tend to look at it this wrong way yes it's a biz, but.... No matter what the case, the Bills have gone from a team that had to pay a premium to get talent, to a destination of interest.

People wanting to play there certainly can't hurt negotiations...even if it just went from beat the best offer to match the best offer....

Hopefully the Bills are no longer the Bills

What does this even mean? Didnt they just resign Hughes? didnt they extend Aaron Williams, McKelvin, Fred over the last few years? They picked up the team options for Dareus and Gilmore so they have proved in recent years that they are willing to resign players who want to be in Buffalo.

Every team loses players, thats sports...the key is to keep the ones that matter and not overpay for the ones that are not worth it

Dareus will be extended or at worst is the one person they would use the tag on...no doubt in my mind

Edited by Max997

It's good to see him say the politically correct thing here. None the less, why wouldn't he want to stay in Buffalo? This defense has to be top-3 in the NFL. Dareus enjoys unrivaled protection from getting to play with Mario, Kevin and Jerry. Put him on a lot of other teams and he wouldn't look so good getting double and triple teamed on every play. As the poster above me said, it has nothing to do with the money and everything to do with whether they can fit him under the cap.

It`s not about the Pegulas paying him. It`s about cap space.

not true. #1) they will give him the most guaranteed money #2) they used to own the sports agency that represents him

I realize it all has to fit under the cap but the cap will be increasing a lot next year plus they can restructure Mario. It will happen

Edited by kdiggz