Who is your draft "bust" and draft "sleeper"?

Which hyped player do you think will be a bust in the pros?

Do you also have a guy who isn't being talked about much by the "experts" but you think will be a really good pro? Could be someone no one is taking about in media but you think will end up go higher than expected on draft day, all the way to someone who might not even be drafted.

I am not good at predicting busts but I will go with Shane Ray

Sleeper -- Michael Bennett DT

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice topic YOLO.

I will say Landon Collins as the overrated player. Alabama DBs have been getting overdrafted for a decade (Millner, Barron, Kirkpatrick). No reason other than this. The system is friendly to them.

I will give my underrated vote to Todd Gurley. He will probably go in the top 20 when all is said and done but he feels like a "that guy" to me, a dominating NFL player.

As for someone a little more off the radar I'm a big fan of Benardrick McKinney. I saw MSU at LSU this year and it was a physically dominating performance. I have never seen LSU so physically overmatched and I thought that McKinney was the best player on that defense. He can have a Mosley or Kiko type of rookie year IMO.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I will need to look up Eskridge. Late round guy? Bills need a safety...Duke will start but they need another guy in the pipeline

If I had to guess, I'd say 3rd-5th round. He's a Syracuse guy (FTR I am a bit of a homer). Last I saw, he was the 5th ranked safety on a few mock boards. 6'3, 210, 4.6 40 yd dash. Good tackler.

If I had to guess, I'd say 3rd-5th round. He's a Syracuse guy (FTR I am a bit of a homer). Last I saw, he was the 5th ranked safety on a few mock boards. 6'3, 210, 4.6 40 yd dash. Good tackler.

nice, I could see them taking a safety in the 5th or later.

Homerism for college programs is actually great here because typically you know a lot about lesser known players. I could name 3-4 other sleepers at Osu lol. We watch these guys so closely for 3-4 years.

I will give my underrated vote to Todd Gurley. He will probably go in the top 20 when all is said and done but he feels like a "that guy" to me, a dominating NFL player.

Yeah Gurley will def be a star if his knee holds up. He was my favorite player to watch in CFB the last couple years, so bummed when he got hurt.

Bust: Brett Hundley - Maybe he doesn't count because he could be a 3rd-4th rounder but I just don't see him being able to play in the NFL.

Sleeper: Paul Dawson - Blows my mind that most don't have him going in the 1st, dude is a beast!

Bust: Winston

Underrated: Green-Beckham. Just reminds me of Randy Moss coming out of college. Also reminds me of Da'rick... High risk/high reward or just high

Edited by SJDK

Bust - Brandon Scherff - OT/Iowa

Sleeper - Jean Sifrin- TE/Maryland

Scherff just makes me think of Robert Gallery. That's not a good thing. He was a mediocre guard that was supposed to revolutionize the tackle postion. Maybe that isn't fair to Scherff but I am with you.

Which hyped player do you think will be a bust in the pros?

Do you also have a guy who isn't being talked about much by the "experts" but you think will be a really good pro? Could be someone no one is taking about in media but you think will end up go higher than expected on draft day, all the way to someone who might not even be drafted.

I am not good at predicting busts but I will go with Shane Ray

Sleeper -- Michael Bennett DT

Dang Busting on the hometown boy.

Sleeper - Jeff Luc LB 6'1" 251 Cincinati, kid is an old school banger

Bust - Hate to say it and hope he excels but a a D3 kid who had a great combine makes me nervous - Ali Marpet.