Coach Sal's interview with Urbik last night on the JMS

Anyone catch this? Sal's focus was on the Wisconsin Badgers in the Final Four and upcoming OTAs but not a single question asking about KU's playing time last year. I know interviewers are tempted to ingratiate themselves with their guests, but that was an obvious fail. Why not ask about what the listeners actually want to hear about?

But no, Sal must not have worried about Urbik's feelings too much, since he asked him what he thought of the Pegulas spending big money in the offseason (this just days after it's announced that Urbik took a pay CUT).

Come on Sal!

Edited by BillnutinHouston

Anyone catch this? Sal's focus was on the Wisconsin Badgers in the Final Four and upcoming OTAs but not a single question asking about KU's playing time last year. I know interviewers are tempted to ingratiate themselves with their guests, but that was an obvious fail. Why not ask about what the listeners actually want to hear about?

But no, Sal must not have worried about Urbik's feelings too much, since he asked him what he thought of the Pegulas spending big money in the offseason (this just days after it's announced that Urbik took a pay CUT).

Come on Sal!

i did listen, and I liked the interview overall and I like Sal on WGR. But I had the same takeaway regarding not asking him anything about last year's playing time and if he expects anything different this year and then asking him at least twice if he was excited about all the money being spent on other players when he actually took a pay cut. It was almost like Sal was unaware of that little factoid.

Funny how Urbik went on vacation to Mexico with Orton.

i did listen, and I liked the interview overall and I like Sal on WGR. But I had the same takeaway regarding not asking him anything about last year's playing time and if he expects anything different this year and then asking him at least twice if he was excited about all the money being spent on other players when he actually took a pay cut. It was almost like Sal was unaware of that little factoid.

Funny how Urbik went on vacation to Mexico with Orton.

Agree Yolo. I usually like Sal too, he's one of the best on GR. He just sleep walked through that interview.

I live in Charlotte NC and the local radio makes fun of players and tried to push them on interviews. Now they are hardly ever interviewed by local reporters - players and coaches don't come on the radio - the relationship between radio/news paper with the Panthers is terrible.

Loser = the fans.

Asking him about his playing time, or about the previous coaching staff, or how he sees the OL shaping-out are not hard questions. Marrone and co. are gone.

weird that a bills employee, would ask another bills employee some soft ball questions instead of grilling him about the former coach.

im as curious as anyone to know the answers, but at this point i think the expectation is that we are looking forward, not back - short of an accidental comment by a player, or marrone poking at the bills, i dont think we see the bills and their reporters push the issue.

weird that a bills employee, would ask another bills employee some soft ball questions instead of grilling him about the former coach.

im as curious as anyone to know the answers, but at this point i think the expectation is that we are looking forward, not back - short of an accidental comment by a player, or marrone poking at the bills, i dont think we see the bills and their reporters push the issue.

What's more weird: asking a player who took a pay cut how he likes the Bills spending a ton of money on other players or asking him about a coach who is no longer on the team and disliked by most fans? It's a pretty easy answer.

What's more weird: asking a player who took a pay cut how he likes the Bills spending a ton of money on other players or asking him about a coach who is no longer on the team and disliked by most fans? It's a pretty easy answer.

yea odd that a bills employee would play up what an exciting offseason it has been, instead of focusing on the messy end of last year.