Rolling Stones at the Ralph concert thread

Try ticketmaster.com.

Those seats are going to be the best seats and also the majority of seats sold. Nearly everyone else will be forced to go to Stub Hub once the presale is over.

Information is on Ticketmaster site, Thanks again!

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you about RS. But Mick's quote seems to be genuine...

http://time.com/3768461/rolling-stones-tour-sticky-fingers-zip-code/

"Rolling Stone’s return to the road coincides with the release of a deluxe edition of the classic Sticky Fingers album on May 26. Stones’ front man Mick Jagger says the band is wrestling with the idea of performing the album in its entirety during the tour.

Sticky Fingers has about five slow songs. I’m just worried that it might be problematic in stadiums,” Jagger told Rolling Stonemagazine. “Maybe we’d play it and everyone would say, ‘Great,’ but maybe they’ll get restless and start going to get drinks.”

I was thinking about this, and it might work if they played Side one, broke it up a bit with a few upbeat songs, and then side two later in the show.

For reference:

Side One:

1. Brown Sugar (Upbeat, crowd favorite)
  2. Sway
  3. Wild Horses (Slower, but obviously a hit)
  4. Can't You Hear Me Knockin' (Not a huge hit among casual fans, but not a sleeper)
  5. You Gotta Move (A slower less popular blues tune)

Side Two:

• B word (Upbeat, popular)
  • I Got The Blues
  • Sister Morphine (Slower, less popular)
  • Dead Flowers (A fun little number that Mick can find something fun to do with.)
  • Moonlight Mile (Might have problems as it's not a popular one, and very slow.)

Also, didn't know Andy Warhol did the cover.

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe

Going to both The Who and a gathering of the remaining Dead members and I couldn't be happier...would love to see the Stones as well, but I only have limited money

maybe Bach should tour! Hell lets put a double bill with Beethovan! Maybe the Beattle could tour as well, half the band may be dead but half are alive. The Who are touring! 50 years of music, even though we haven't produced any new music for ever. Exactly when was the last Who album?

What other social security bands can still tour?

Nothing but a money grab

Going to both The Who and a gathering of the remaining Dead members and I couldn't be happier...would love to see the Stones as well, but I only have limited money

Some of the older artists shows are better now than they used to be because they're not all strung out like they used to be.

the thing with the remaining dead members is, they all have their own bands and have been touring regularly for almost as long as the dead themselves, so it's not like they are dusting off cobwebs....the lineup for Dear Jerry is sick and I cannot wait, would have loved to have been part of the Chicago scene, but that didn't happen. As far as the Who goes, my kids got me tickets for Christmas. I saw them in '82 so now i get to share their show with a 2 of my 3 kids....ain't nothing wrong with that....

http://blackbirdmusicgroup.com/dear-jerry-celebrating-the-music-of-jerry-garcia/

Some of the older artists shows are better now than they used to be because they're not all strung out like they used to be.

the thing with the remaining dead members is, they all have their own bands and have been touring regularly for almost as long as the dead themselves, so it's not like they are dusting off cobwebs....the lineup for Dear Jerry is sick and I cannot wait, would have loved to have been part of the Chicago scene, but that didn't happen. As far as the Who goes, my kids got me tickets for Christmas. I saw them in '82 so now i get to share their show with a 2 of my 3 kids....ain't nothing wrong with that....

http://blackbirdmusicgroup.com/dear-jerry-celebrating-the-music-of-jerry-garcia/

It's hard for me to call them The Who without Keith Moon.

It amazes me (in a good way) that it's 2015 and the Stones and the Who are both going on tours. Floors me, really. There are certain artists I don't mind dropping above average $$ on to see. Both the Stones and Who qualify. It bums me that I'm unable to swing it for these shows, but I'm very happy for those who will be able to enjoy them.

Long Live Rock.

I saw the Who my first time, around 1972 in the Rochester War Memorial, after the release of Who's Next? First time I heard any of that album. They were at their PEAK complete with Keith Moon. Tickets were $6.00

I saw the Who again in the early 80's (Who Are You?) at the Ralph. Great sound but could not see the band well. The field was packed so tight, and it got so hot and compressed, they were showering the crowd with water hoses and people were being passed on top of the crowd (not unlike surfing) to first aid stations under the stage. When they were playing "Love, Reign O'er Me", it started to rain. Tickets were $15.00

At least now they can show the band on the three screens.

I am probably going to pass on the current "Who" with Daltry and Townsend, unless it comes REAL close to home.

We may go see the Stones. I would like to see them since I never have, and that is MY bad. Update - tickets in the upper deck end zone away from the stage start at $150. Nevermind.....

We already have tickets for Carlos Santana in Canandaigua in August. Lawn seats $30.00

Edited by rockpile

that was the second coolest thing of that day, the first for me was seeing The Clash play live!

I saw the Who my first time, around 1972 in the Rochester War Memorial, after the release of Who's Next? First time I heard any of that album. They were at their PEAK complete with Keith Moon. Tickets were $6.00

I saw the Who again in the early 80's (Who Are You?) at the Ralph. Great sound but could not see the band well. The field was packed so tight, and it got so hot and compressed, they were showering the crowd with water hoses and people were being passed on top of the crowd (not unlike surfing) to first aid stations under the stage. When they were playing "Love, Reign O'er Me", it started to rain. Tickets were $15.00

At least now they can show the band on the three screens.

I am probably going to pass on the current "Who" with Daltry and Townsend, unless it comes REAL close to home.

We may go see the Stones. I would like to see them since I never have, and that is MY bad. Update - tickets in the upper deck end zone away from the stage start at $150. Nevermind.....

We already have tickets for Carlos Santana in Canandaigua in August. Lawn seats $30.00

From what I heard there will be no RS ticket sales at the Ralph. There were tickets sold at the ticket office for the Bruce Springsteen Show. Ticketmaster is the master of the RS tickets and I believe would be in charge of sending out information to suite, club, and season ticket holders.

Edited by Hammered a Lot

Check out the Presale American Express screwup going on with the RS show at Petco park.? Who is selling tickets. Is it tickets.com or is it ticketmaster.com? I found a Bills club seat holder who would have gotten me tickets. As of 7pm Tuesday they did not receive any info about the Wednesday pre sale.

This is why I don't bother with these cluster!@#$ big venue super shows. Give my my 2,000 seat venue where I can pull up in a cab, wait in line for a couple hours, be up font against the stage, walk out front after and hop in another cab and head home.

i believe i mentioned it in the other RS thread, but i really do hate the big events with 9,000 presales. its out of control, totally frustrating as a consumer, and needs to be scaled back. (and im not even attending this show)

Not going to buy tickets but just logged in to see what was available through the AmEx presale. No upper deck $77 seats at all. Next least expensive was $108 club level sec 204, far from the stage. Lower bowl seats were way back too. Not sure if this shows that everything up front is sold or that AmEx only had these further back seats for presale.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Not going to buy tickets but just logged in to see what was available through the AmEx presale. No upper deck $77 seats at all. Next least expensive was $108 club level sec 204, far from the stage. Lower bowl seats were way back too. Not sure if this shows that everything up front is sold or that AmEx only had these further back seats for presale.

typically they give the presales some mid tier stuff as an allotment. Thats part of the frustration though - you never know which company or code will yield the best inventory.

typically they give the presales some mid tier stuff as an allotment. Thats part of the frustration though - you never know which company or code will yield the best inventory.

I got seats today through Amex/Ticketmaster in sec 108 row 11. Good seats when looking at RWS Stage layout.

https://seatgeek.com/venues/ralph-wilson-stadium/seating-chart/concert-165368/

Edited by Mr Info