What grinds your gears?

You really need to get a fleshlight.

I'm pretty sure in the bad credit/debt thread theres instructions on how to make your own using an old flashlight. Just take the batteries out and fill it with tuna salad. Something like that. Get on it, Joe.

I'm pretty sure in the bad credit/debt thread theres instructions on how to make your own using an old flashlight. Just take the batteries out and fill it with tuna salad. Something like that. Get on it, Joe

I never made the connection before, but flashlights and cans of tuna are usually the first things that you find in a bomb shelter. Next to the urine purifier.

People who can't stay on topic and just talk about my love life, or lack thereof. That grinds my gears.

Today I've broken my rule of only bringing it up once per day. For that I apologize.

But I will not apologize for not dropping it. You made it a topic of public discussion. And I still harass joesixpack over the Panda Liberation Army, or Nervous Guy over the trees in his yeard, or AiO about the dirt I still have on her...

People who still use checks for anything other than rent, mortgage, large down payments, or gifts. Such as in a grocery store line... Also, businesses that don't accept credit cards but have a fee charging ATM. Hell, if you don't accept credit cards period. Cost of doing business.

While we're on the subject, !@#$s who take up 3 ATM lines waiting for the first to open while others are behind them. Then they tend to cash every $5.00 check granny ever gave them for 10 minutes at a drive up. Money on my mind today...

Edited by SmokinES3

Shifting without using the clutch. Duh. :rolleyes:

Not always. Only if you do it wrong.

People who still use checks for anything other than rent, mortgage, large down payments, or gifts. Such as in a grocery store line... Also, businesses that don't accept credit cards but have a fee charging ATM. Hell, if you don't accept credit cards period. Cost of doing business.

While we're on the subject, !@#$s who take up 3 ATM lines waiting for the first to open while others are behind them. Then they tend to cash every $5.00 check granny ever gave them for 10 minutes at a drive up. Money on my mind today...

Maybe they are "floating the money." Most EFTransactions are instant. A paper check still takes a day or so, just enough time to make the deposit and not get hit with an overdraft or NSF.

There is still a place for paper in the time value of money. Banks use it all the time, why shouldn't the consumer.

Which leads to, maybe they just don't have the vast resources... It doesn't grind my gears unless they are going to bounce the mutha phucka!

Not always. Only if you do it wrong.

Maybe they are "floating the money." Most EFTransactions are instant. A paper check still takes a day or so, just enough time to make the deposit and not get hit with an overdraft or NSF.

There is still a place for paper in the time value of money. Banks use it all the time, why shouldn't the consumer.

Which leads to, maybe they just don't have the vast resources... It doesn't grind my gears unless they are going to bounce the mutha phucka!

Not gonna lie. If I'm short on cash two days before payday, I got to Wal-Mart, buy a few things, and get $20.00 cash back. By the time it goes through, my direct deposit goes through. But at Wal Mart you don't have to write the check, just sign it and hand it to them, and they run it trhough the machine that automatically fills it out. So it takes about as long as a credit card transaction.

How can one person take up 3 lines?

I for one am a big fan of the 'one line for multiple terminals' system. More efficient and more fair.

Anyone who wants to merge late on a high volume exit on the interstate. Unless you have out of state tags kill yourself, you know the traffic pattern by now. I'm not waiting in this line for 10 minutes just to let you in with no wait.

Double line crossers. Get in line.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Any news or sports reporter on TV or radio who can't properly pronounce the letter "L". Why were these people with speech impediments hired in the first place? Seems like an obscure peeve, but it happens a lot and it bugs the heck out of me.