Browns, Falcons have been informed of "severe discipline"

@SInow: The Browns and Falcons have reportedly been informed of 'severe' discipline coming next week http://t.co/v4oaGuAabK

The NFL informed the Atlanta Falcons and Cleveland Browns at this week's owners meetings of "severe" discipline that is expected to be announced next week, reports ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Crickets on the Pats?

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@SInow: The Browns and Falcons have reportedly been informed of 'severe' discipline coming next week http://t.co/v4oaGuAabK

The NFL informed the Atlanta Falcons and Cleveland Browns at this week's owners meetings of "severe" discipline that is expected to be announced next week, reports ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Crickets on the Pats?

To be fair, didn't both these teams admit to the offenses?

Gosh, I hope it's in line with Mike Tomlin's punishment for stepping onto the field and influencing a play during a nationally televised game. That yielded a $25k fine and a "we might take away a draft pick, but decided not to" punishment. I'm sure the Browns and Falcons will get it worse. They both deserve punishments to be sure, but Goodell has his favorites (Steelers, Patriots, Ravens and Giants) and rarely punishes them as badly as they deserve.

Gosh, I hope it's in line with Mike Tomlin's punishment for stepping onto the field and influencing a play during a nationally televised game. That yielded a $25k fine and a "we might take away a draft pick, but decided not to" punishment. I'm sure the Browns and Falcons will get it worse. They both deserve punishments to be sure, but Goodell has his favorites (Steelers, Patriots, Ravens and Giants) and rarely punishes them as badly as they deserve.

i thought I remember a slight draft implication for Tomlin - didnt Pitt have to swap picks in a mid round with Baltimore or something... Or maybe that never happened Edited by YoloinOhio

i thought I remember a slight draft implication for Tomlin - didnt Pitt have to swap picks in a mid round with Baltimore or something... Or maybe that never happened

Nope. No penalty. The NFL kept saying that there might be, but ended up not doing anything beyond the fine.

Nope. No penalty. The NFL kept saying that there might be, but ended up not doing anything beyond the fine.

After an extensive review, the league concluded Mike Tomlin made an honest mistake. Apparently he didn't realize the green grass represented the beginning of the playing field.

Loss of a draft pick wouldnt shock me.

That would be very interesting if the Browns lose pick #19 and after a year of crowing about the brilliance of trading Watkins they just get Gilbert for it.

they should be severely penalized by being forced to allow the homeless guy in their draft room and let him make all the picks.

Actually... Might be an improvement

This is exciting and great news :D

I love when bad things happen to the Browns.

As much as I'm ashamed to admit it, I agree. I'm tired of all the supposed kumbayah that Bills fans and Browns fans are kindred spirits. I've disliked the Browns since I was a kid and nothing has changed. Eff them.

After an extensive review, the league concluded Mike Tomlin made an honest mistake. Apparently he didn't realize the green grass represented the beginning of the playing field.

I lost a lot of respect for Tomlin that season. You can see that he could not handle the reality of a losing season and decided to play dirty in order to win. I've met people like this in real life and they are the worst. I remember there being other shady things he did that year that I can't remember off the top of my head. What he did deserved a 6 game suspension at least. A head coach of all people cannot do something that affects a play in a game, much less a TD scoring play. They kept the punishment to a minimum because he's a Steeler.

The Pats get away with everything because Bob Kraft is in the league's pockets. I imagine he has as much dirt on the NFL as they have on him.

I'm usually the first to roll my eyes at punishments for off-field mistakes, but I am very stern about on-field cheating. Browns and Falcons should be punished.

Edited by musichunch

they should be severely penalized by being forced to allow the homeless guy in their draft room and let him make all the picks.

Actually... Might be an improvement

"With the 12th pick in the 2015 draft the Cleveland Browns select Lebron James, WR from Akron St. Vincent - St. Mary's"

Severe penalties = draft picks in my mind. Goodell loves to throw the book at teams, a 1st was the penalty in bounty gate and spy gate. We don't know the extent of the texts but it seems Shanahan holds bad blood for the org and would likely cooperate. If Farmer (or Haslam) was texting things about injures picked from broadcasts that's a bit beyond saying "Jimmy wants Johnny in the game".

Per PFT

"The Browns are bracing for a multi-game fine for GM Ray Farmer and the loss of one or more draft picks".

Edited by Chuck Wagon

"With the 12th pick in the 2015 draft the Cleveland Browns select Lebron James, WR from Akron St. Vincent - St. Mary's"

Severe penalties = draft picks in my mind. Goodell loves to throw the book at teams, a 1st was the penalty in bounty gate and spy gate. We don't know the extent of the texts but it seems Shanahan holds bad blood for the org and would likely cooperate. If Farmer (or Haslam) was texting things about injures picked from broadcasts that's a bit beyond saying "Jimmy wants Johnny in the game".

Per PFT

"The Browns are bracing for a multi-game fine for GM Ray Farmer and the loss of one or more draft picks".

what does a multi-game fine mean for a GM? He pays the fine out of his salary, or he is suspended from multiple games? What does it mean to suspend a GM from a game? Sorry if that's a stupid question, just wondering.

what does a multi-game fine mean for a GM? He pays the fine out of his salary, or he is suspended from multiple games? What does it mean to suspend a GM from a game? Sorry if that's a stupid question, just wondering.

I thought the exact same thing. I have no idea, if he gets a 6 game fine does that mean 6/16 ths of his salary? Also is there anyone who doesn't believe this is Farmer taking the fall for Haslam. Jimmy better be taking care of him, first he falls on the Manziel sword now this.

I'm hoping both teams lose at least a 2nd if nothing more than it makes pick #50 into pick #48.

I thought the exact same thing. I have no idea, if he gets a 6 game fine does that mean 6/16 ths of his salary? Also is there anyone who doesn't believe this is Farmer taking the fall for Haslam. Jimmy better be taking care of him, first he falls on the Manziel sword now this.

I'm hoping both teams lose at least a 2nd if nothing more than it makes pick #50 into pick #48.

Good point! I hope they update first-pick.com/NFL/DraftGame.aspx as soon as the severe punishement is handed down.