Rape charges for Darren Sharper*Update: Takes 9 year plea

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. I have to believe that a guy like Sharper had many women after him - voluntarily. That he did all of the things that he was accused of does make him a predator and a psychopath. It is horrible what some guys do to women.

They take real kindly to rapists and pedophiles in prison. Don't worry, karma will soon be knocking at Darren's backdoor.

Karma huh? So that's what you call it these days.

A "global " plea deal? Wow. What a joke. Dude should be put away for life.

I don't know the details in this case, but the sad part is in a lot of sexual abuse cases, especially with kids, the victim doesn't want to go through all of the scrutiny of a trial, so it becomes hard to build a strong enough case for the sentence they truly deserve.

Lets get this straight. Your a former cornerback, rich, successful on and off the field, broadcaster, women want you and what do you decide to do in your time with the ladys? You date rape them? What a complete fool.

Lets get this straight. Your a former cornerback, rich, successful on and off the field, broadcaster, women want you and what do you decide to do in your time with the ladys? You date rape them? What a complete fool.

You're thinking about it from the POV of a person with a normal brain. He obviously has deep psychological and physiological issues, because like you said, it doesn't make any sense.

You're thinking about it from the POV of a person with a normal brain. He obviously has deep psychological and physiological issues, because like you said, it doesn't make any sense.

He's got a normal brain and chose to do this?

According to GreggyT ALL rapes are about power not sex. His theory, not mine.

Not my unique theory, but one widely accepted in law enforcement, psychology, and criminal behavior circles. There's a psychopathy to it that's undeniable. Sex isn't the primary driver (or even secondary), it's just a weapon used to deliver psychological and physical pain to the victim.

He's got a normal brain and chose to do this?

Uh...what? I said the poster was thinking about what Sharper did from the point of view of someone who has a normal brain, the poster, not Sharper. Because he (I'm guessing) is normal, he can't really wrap his head around why Sharper would do the things he did.

Not my unique theory, but one widely accepted in law enforcement, psychology, and criminal behavior circles. There's a psychopathy to it that's undeniable. Sex isn't the primary driver (or even secondary), it's just a weapon used to deliver psychological and physical pain to the victim.

I'd say a good portion, or even most. These ones for sure. But you can't say there aren't some rapes that are simply men not controlling their desire.

You'd be surprised. There's almost zero clinical evidence that this happens.

id assume that there are some cases in the inebriated college kids with murky consent that are simply a matter of want overriding questionable actions..... but in the active drugging/attack realm id have to agree pretty strongly with your POV from what ive read too. and it makes a lot of sense.

My understanding is that he'll serve a total of 9 years with good behavior.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12544551/darren-sharper-gets-9-years-arizona-plea-deal

No that was just Arizona.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/23/darren-sharper-takes-20-year-plea-deal-in-louisiana-rape-case/

20 years total, with the shorter sentences served concurrently.