Group ticket purchase for 2015 home opener / TBDAHOT

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once I got official confirmation we're a go, I'll publicize that.

Due to demand (we're over 250 tickets requested and I'm not sure how many the Bills will give us), here's what I've decided. I'll be distributing the purchase details to people in a phased approach. Your contributions to this community (in terms of post count, membership seniority, and prior tailgate attendance) will determine when you will be given the opportunity to purchase from the group block. So if you joined the board last week and only have 4 posts, you'll probably be the last in line. If the Bills grant us a block smaller than the number of requests we have, it's possible we will not be able to allow some people who asked to buy from the group.

But I'm still waiting for official confirmation...

I have been here since Scott was designing the first logo and e-mailing folks to write articles to get things started.

Many folks have me beat on "post count" though! :D

A lot of folks have spent a whole lot of time making this place "home" since then.

Once I got official confirmation we're a go, I'll publicize that.

Due to demand (we're over 250 tickets requested and I'm not sure how many the Bills will give us), here's what I've decided. I'll be distributing the purchase details to people in a phased approach. Your contributions to this community (in terms of post count, membership seniority, and prior tailgate attendance) will determine when you will be given the opportunity to purchase from the group block. So if you joined the board last week and only have 4 posts, you'll probably be the last in line. If the Bills grant us a block smaller than the number of requests we have, it's possible we will not be able to allow some people who asked to buy from the group.

But I'm still waiting for official confirmation...

Fair enough.

I just got off the phone with my guy, and the news I'm getting is as I had feared. Due to season ticket demand and other required allotments, the Bills will be capping the number of tickets available to groups for the opener (and also the New England game) to 50. He's trying to get our group up to 100, but even that is well short of the 261 that have been requested in this thread.

This puts me in the awkward position of having to "play God", determining who gets to buy tickets with the group, and how many. I had said before that if that came to pass, I would be using membership seniority and a rather nebulous "community contribution" (including post count and prior TBD tailgate attendance) as criteria.

Some other things to note:

• However many tickets we get will likely be in the same area of the stadium as prior years, and will probably end up at around $75/ticket
  • When tickets become available for ST holders to buy extras, they will be capped at 6 max per game for the first 3-4 days. He expects the opener will be sold out before the end of those 3-4 days.

My guy is treating our group as any of their business partners with an allotment of tickets for this game. He's hoping to have a concrete number of tickets for me in the next few days.

I've already reached out to some of you who asked for large numbers of tickets. I will continue to do that as I work to come up with the who and the how many for our group.

It sucks that it's come to this, and I apologize to those who will have to look elsewhere for tickets. I'm going to have to draw a line somewhere and that's unfortunate.

I just got off the phone with my guy, and the news I'm getting is as I had feared. Due to season ticket demand and other required allotments, the Bills will be capping the number of tickets available to groups for the opener (and also the New England game) to 50. He's trying to get our group up to 100, but even that is well short of the 261 that have been requested in this thread.

This puts me in the awkward position of having to "play God", determining who gets to buy tickets with the group, and how many. I had said before that if that came to pass, I would be using membership seniority and a rather nebulous "community contribution" (including post count and prior TBD tailgate attendance) as criteria.

• However many tickets we get will likely be in the same area of the stadium as prior years, and will probably end up at around $75/ticket
  • When tickets become available for ST holders to buy extras, they will be capped at 6 max per game for the first 3-4 days. He expects the opener will be sold out before the end of those 3-4 days.

My guy is treating our group as any of their business partners with an allotment of tickets for this game. He's hoping to have a concrete number of tickets for me in the next few days.

I've already reached out to some of you who asked for large numbers of tickets. I will continue to do that as I work to come up with the who and the how many for our group.

It sucks that it's come to this, and I apologize to those who will have to look elsewhere for tickets. I'm going to have to draw a line somewhere and that's unfortunate.

If any season ticket holders are able to buy tickets for my 'group' please send me a message or reply with a way to contact you.

If you are so inclined, we can work out price and method of payment that is mutually agreeable.

Jay, thank you once again for doing your best. What more can we ask? :thumbsup:

When do seasons "stop" going on sale? I am still on the fence and want to get them at the right moment if I do. I know they don't release the last years season ticket sears until later

Either way. I am still down for two please.

And I better make the cut, who else will bring moonshine?!?

Oh and thanks Rosenrosen

I know I am likely low(or high?) on the totem pole, so I am unlikely to get any, but if it helps any, I can reduce my ticket request from 9 to 3. I'll also start looking elsewhere.

Thank you for all of your efforts Jay!

Edited by What a Tuel

I've already reached out to some of you who asked for large numbers of tickets. I will continue to do that as I work to come up with the who and the how many for our group

You can take me off the list. I'm going to shoot for the next weekend due to some other commitments. I had originally requested 5.

Jay.

i have not been to a game in about twenty years. its gonna cost me a grand if i bring my whole family. I sure would do it. but its not as big a deal as it might be for the diehards here.

I am out.

I was hoping to meet all you buttmonkeys. But i can wait till next year. take me off the list , but please move me up in line for next year!

so subtract 7 and give them to an old grumpy group who need it/appreciate it more than me maybe.

Thank you so very much for the good and kind efforts ! I am amazed that you even do this stuff for us. Jay, you are the Man !

I will surely be there in spirit. Have one on me everyone !!!!

Eric

Go Bills!!!!!!

When do seasons "stop" going on sale? I am still on the fence and want to get them at the right moment if I do. I know they don't release the last years season ticket sears until later

Either way. I am still down for two please.

And I better make the cut, who else will bring moonshine?!?

Oh and thanks Rosenrosen

Real moonshine this time?