Goodwin still reading his twitter mentions I see

He's been in the league 2 seasons. It seems foolish to give up on a player with that much talent. He hasn't suffered any crippling injuries, and the one he suffered from the Manuel throw would have happened to any player. At this point, i think it's fair to say he has had bad luck rather than to call him injury prone.

He's been in the league 2 seasons. It seems foolish to give up on a player with that much talent. He hasn't suffered any crippling injuries, and the one he suffered from the Manuel throw would have happened to any player. At this point, i think it's fair to say he has had bad luck rather than to call him injury prone.

Agreed. :beer:

Though, if the right trade offer comes along, I'd listen.

Lately, on my yearly trip to training camp, the one player who stands out to the casual fan (that's me) is Goodwin.

A lot of what goes on at training camp is pretty mundane. Then, out of the corner of the eye, a lightning bolt crosses the scene.

I'd read that Spiller and TJ Graham and their ilk had "world class speed." If they do, then Goodwin has intergalactic speed. He walks past guys like Spiller and Graham. If that startling speed could be deployed correctly, he would present a match-up issue akin to Gronk.

I hope they find a way to keep him. He is a conspicuously special talent.

I'm pro Goodwin with the choice between hogan and easley....

I have debated this internally since this morning. It was actually quite tough for me.

Pros

Goodwin - speedy, quick, agile, positive team member

Hogan - upside unknown, potential unknown, athletic, reliable and tough

Easley - upside unknown, potential at WR unknown, athletic and a core member of the ST unit.

Cons

Goodwin - glass, small, lacks capability to run the entire route tree.

Hogan - not an NFL WR by true definition,

Easley - may be as good of a WR as he'll ever been, can't crack depth chart at WR

Being that ST is still 1/3 of the game I value a player who can make a tremendous impact at that position vs others who can occasionally make a play. Hogan can get the ball in his hands but he's not a play maker, he's not a YAC guy to get the first, but he's good. Better then I probably want to give credit for, at least. But, Goodwin being in 5-6 plays a game and getting the ball once a game, if that, doesn't promise us results. Only Thad Lewis was able to make plays with him and thats because Lewis sacrificed to do so. Easley has more playing time then both Hogan and Goodwin. I think Easley is more important to the team but more replaceable then Goodwin. I might just take Goodwin over Easley, but it'd be tough and I'd have to look at my roster and the $$.

I have debated this internally since this morning. It was actually quite tough for me.

Pros

Goodwin - speedy, quick, agile, positive team member

Hogan - upside unknown, potential unknown, athletic, reliable and tough

Easley - upside unknown, potential at WR unknown, athletic and a core member of the ST unit.

Cons

Goodwin - glass, small, lacks capability to run the entire route tree.

Hogan - not an NFL WR by true definition,

Easley - may be as good of a WR as he'll ever been, can't crack depth chart at WR

Being that ST is still 1/3 of the game I value a player who can make a tremendous impact at that position vs others who can occasionally make a play. Hogan can get the ball in his hands but he's not a play maker, he's not a YAC guy to get the first, but he's good. Better then I probably want to give credit for, at least. But, Goodwin being in 5-6 plays a game and getting the ball once a game, if that, doesn't promise us results. Only Thad Lewis was able to make plays with him and thats because Lewis sacrificed to do so. Easley has more playing time then both Hogan and Goodwin. I think Easley is more important to the team but more replaceable then Goodwin. I might just take Goodwin over Easley, but it'd be tough and I'd have to look at my roster and the $$.

I'll agree its an interesting debate.... And I don't think a no brainer decision for any of them

One of my main thoughts - If we carry the extra kicker AND guys like dixon, graham, etc.... I'm more comfortable losing a gunner in exchange for every resource possible for this offense. Especially with a seeming emphasis on misdirection the idea that with one wrong step by the defender and Goodwin can get clear over the top is very appealing

Small receivers never last in this league.

theyre fun to watch and can be game changers, but they break your heart with the injuries.

Goody should go to Indy and backup t.y. hilton, who is also a little dude. Same style of play, and the key to being a burner in the NFL is having a gunslinger thats accurate. Luck would make him famous.

Lately, on my yearly trip to training camp, the one player who stands out to the casual fan (that's me) is Goodwin.

A lot of what goes on at training camp is pretty mundane. Then, out of the corner of the eye, a lightning bolt crosses the scene.

I'd read that Spiller and TJ Graham and their ilk had "world class speed." If they do, then Goodwin has intergalactic speed. He walks past guys like Spiller and Graham. If that startling speed could be deployed correctly, he would present a match-up issue akin to Gronk.

I hope they find a way to keep him. He is a conspicuously special talent.

Couldn`t agree more. The guy is blazing fast. Like noticeably faster than even other fast guys. Just watch some of his highlights.

Edited by QB Bills