Do the moves by the Bills in free agency make sense so far?

jahnyc

I loved the incognito signing.

Even more so after the dolphins got suh.

"Payback is going to come, Richie. When it's time for you to have your payback, you open up the gates of hell and make them stare at the devil" - Richie Incognito Sr.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Percy doesn't make sense to me. I would have drafted a WR and spent 6mil on a guard. How are we going to spread the ball around to all these WR's in a run heavy offense? Also, rumor has it that Harvin wants to be a real WR. Rumor Also has it that he gets a little cranky and locker room cancer-y when he doesn't get a lot of touches. Questionable move to me that reeks of a "Rex Ryan mistake".

On the flip side I think the incognito signing was great, especially considering the price. He'll behave. He knows what will happen if he doesn't

Edited by SJDK

Harvin played with Vikings, they were ground and pound. Seattle traded for him, ground and pound. Jets traded for him, ground and pound. Bills signed him, ground and pound. Harvin is a unique player that fits teams that want to run. He gives those offenses chunk plays in many different ways. You don't need a QB to get him the ball.

Felton, well that's obvious. McCoy is obvious. Incognito is obvious. Cassel is obvious. Clay is obvious.

What doesn't make sense?

stop making sense. That is not what this thread is about.

Wish they had signed another O Lineman to go with Incognito.

we still have a couple months of free agency, the draft and cuts. Why do people act like we can't sign anyone anymore? Edited by kr632

Percy doesn't make sense to me. I would have drafted a WR and spent 6mil on a guard. How are we going to spread the ball around to all these WR's in a run heavy offense? Also, rumor has it that Harvin wants to be a real WR. Rumor Also has it that he gets a little cranky and locker room cancer-y when he doesn't get a lot of touches. Questionable move to me that reeks of a "Rex Ryan mistake".

On the flip side I think the incognito signing was great, especially considering the price. He'll behave. He knows what will happen if he doesn't

Rookie WRs rarely(2014was a rare draft @ WR ) contribute right away. We used this years #1 to get Watkins last year. So I'm sure you would love it if the Bills used their 1st pick this year (50) on a WR . A third rounder maybe? Good luck getting a guy with Harvins talent in round 3. I'm pretty sure the Bills TRIED to spend big $$ on OL in FA already and were not able to land their targets thru no fault of the Bills. So just what G do you suggest spending this $ 6 m on? The Bills are trying to improve theO and had a chance to get a true threat at WR so they got him. They also tried to land Brandon Marshall before that. They need playmakers on offense and were able to land them.

Harvin played with Vikings, they were ground and pound. Seattle traded for him, ground and pound. Jets traded for him, ground and pound. Bills signed him, ground and pound. Harvin is a unique player that fits teams that want to run. He gives those offenses chunk plays in many different ways. You don't need a QB to get him the ball.

Felton, well that's obvious. McCoy is obvious. Incognito is obvious. Cassel is obvious. Clay is obvious.

What doesn't make sense?

Good post!

Which one? and you don't know that they didn't make an offer to one....not everyone wants to come to Bufalo

We are no building a ground and pound team like the steelers of old. We are going to be a shotgun spread team with a lot of pistol looks like Seattle and San Fran (last year).

That would explain all of the signings (Harvin, tyrod Taylor)

Edited by peterpan

Nutting makes sense until September..but it always seems like the Bills are making reactive moves out of desperation to be relevant...not methodically building a team a la Pittsburgh or NE...a product of instability in management/coaching perhaps.

Edited by rfk

We are no building a ground and pound team like the steelers of old. We are going to be a shotgun spread team with a lot of pistol looks like Seattle and San Fran (last year).

That would explain all of the signings (Harvin, tyrod Taylor)

Nor should they. The Bills would need Dallas' early 90's offensive line to win the Superbowl going with the traditional "ground and pound" attack. That's the impossible dream.

I'm glad the Bills will be running an offense geared towards the great skilled players they'll have. Can't wait to see how Manuel does in it. If Taylor thrives in it then so be it. I just don't want Cassell as our starter.

we still have a couple months of free agency, the draft and cuts. Why do people act like we can't sign anyone anymore?

I've seen nothing in our recent FA history that encourages me that the Bills have any idea what they are doing when it comes to OL free agents. There is not a whole lot left. I thought Bolling and Iupati made sense and if they wanted to get better at tackle, Doug Free or Bulaga. All are gone.

To me the O Line was the weakest part of this team by far. Do the younger guys have promise? Maybe. Could we draft a competent guard? Maybe. But this team is built to win right now. I do not want to watch them go through another year where the O Line basically kills them. Signing a veteran who can play (unlike Williams...talk about your terrible Free agent signings) to me was the 1st order of business. Many days too late in my opinion.

Nutting makes sense until September..but it always seems like the Bills are making reactive moves out of desperation to be relevant...not methodically building a team a la Pittsburgh or NE...a product of instability in management/coaching perhaps.

The Rex Ryan Bills are methodically going after players to build the team in their vision. It's not reactionary at all. They know they don't have a franchise QB yet, so they want to win with Defense, ST, ( both good last year and kept intact) and improve the Offense. That is exactly what they are doing, getting playmakers for an offense that sucked. Their A list targets on online resigned with their teams, so they spent$ on top talent that was available to them. I don't have a problem with that at all.

I've seen nothing in our recent FA history that encourages me that the Bills have any idea what they are doing when it comes to OL free agents. There is not a whole lot left. I thought Bolling and Iupati made sense and if they wanted to get better at tackle, Doug Free or Bulaga. All are gone.

In case you weren't paying attention, the Bills offered Bulaga more $$ than he took to resign with Green Bay. They were very interested in Boling as well ( also resigned with original team). Some guys just don't want to leave their current situations. Can't fault the Bills, the players chose to stay put.

there have been no offensive linemen that we targeted in FA that we've been outbid for. roman didnt want Lupati.

Shady deal will take years to assess. We banked on a win now scenario, because in three years Kiko would be in his prime and shady out of football. Dont forget kiko missed 2 out of last 4 years with knee injuries (im pretty sure it was his junior year at Oregon)

OP said Chandler is overrated. Never understood how A cheap TE who is clutch and has been your leading receiver gets overrated but oh well.

percy is an upgrade over goodwin, though not nearly the kind of person goody is by all accounts.

We have a top 5 defense, a top 5 runner, a top 5 special teams and top 10 receiving corps. find a left guard, even if it means drafting a center and moving eric over, and we can roll some heads this year