The AFC Beast

TPS

Defending Super Bowl champs.

Bills, Jets, and Dolphins all making moves to close the gap.

This year is going to be the most competitive in recent memory.

Personally, I think the Jets have made the biggest jump so far, though they were also the farthest back.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 aging corners and Fitzgibbons? I guess.

Are you kidding?

Who were their corners last year? Yet, they were the #6 defense in yards allowed.

Fitzpatrick over geno any day. Look out! They are going to compete.

2 aging corners and Fitzgibbons? I guess.

Neither Revis nor Cromartie's play of late is giving a whiff of aging at this point. Sure they are getting older, but they are still playing at an extremely high level and are worth worrying about. Especially when they have Richardson and Wilkerson wrecking havoc on the DLine.

I think the motion currently on the table is: the Jets have made the biggest impact so far. Defense is one thing (and I don't believe Revis has any fire in his belly now), Offense (with Marshall and Fitz)...meh. Meanwhile the Bills have Incognito (score), Shady (score), Felton (score) and biggest signing Hughes (score). Advantage Bills IMO.

I think the motion currently on the table is: the Jets have made the biggest impact so far. Defense is one thing (and I don't believe Revis has any fire in his belly now), Offense (with Marshall and Fitz)...meh. Meanwhile the Bills have Incognito (score), Shady (score), Felton (score) and biggest signing Hughes (score). Advantage Bills IMO.

We upgraded some positions from decent to very good or elite. The Jets went from garbage to elite at some positions. I think that's the difference.

I do agree that the AFC East, as a whole division, has added the most talent this offseason. That being said, Suh is the only one I have concerns about, and Im really not that worried about him. We've faced Revis plenty of times before, and while I can respect his game, Ive never seen him shut anything down. Heck, Stevie used to make him look downright foolish. And lets not forget, we already had Brandon Marshall in the division before with Miami. IIRC, he did well against us on short slants and the like, but never killed us.

Either way, should be a fun year! Go Bills!!

I could see something like the following happening this year

Patriots 11-5

Bills 10-6

Jets 9-7

Dolphins 8-8

Gonna be a tough tough division.

I'm seeing it more like this

Bills 11-5

Patriots 10-6 - 3 losses to AFCE teams + 3 of the rest of the league.

Dolphins 9-7

JETS 8-8

:) :)

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever