Day 3 wrapping up, what should be the plan moving forward?

I thought that this was an appropriate time to start this thread as it appears some new things are happening. If you were the Bills what would you do moving forward?

I would:

• Trade the 3rd round pick to Philly for Evan Mathis
  • Cut Urbik and Williams (basically offsets his cap number)
  • Sign Harvin
  • Sign Gresham
  • Draft Preston Smith

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>

I thought that this was an appropriate time to start this thread as it appears some new things are happening. If you were the Bills what would you do moving forward?

I would:

• Sign Harvin
  • Sign Gresham
  • Draft Preston Smith

I think that's a great plan but what about safety? I don't know if Duke will step up this year he showed flashes last year, Rambo did too.

I would:

• Sign Harvin
  • Sign Gresham
  • Draft Preston Smith

I would hate to give up the third, but we are going to need good interior linemen to try to block Suh. With any luck, if we do not get Clay, the whole thing will make the Dolphins overpay for him.

I would hate to give up the third, but we are going to need good interior linemen to try to block Suh. With any luck, if we do not get Clay, the whole thing will make the Dolphins overpay for him.

Duke Williams is the perfect FS for Rex's system, and IMO looked pretty solid down the stretch last season. With Rambo, Ladler, and the versatile Corey Graham I think we're pretty well set at safety.

Duke Williams is the perfect FS for Rex's system, and IMO looked pretty solid down the stretch last season. With Rambo, Ladler, and the versatile Corey Graham I think we're pretty well set at safety.

I think Duke will have a better year than most people on this board expect.

I would:

• Sign Harvin
  • Sign Gresham
  • Draft Preston Smith

sounds good

I have a feeling clay is out of the picture, the dolphins said today that they want to extend him. I fully agree with the op's idea, well done sir, though i dont know much about preston smith. I think we should sign gresham and draft the best available te in the second, if everything else you talked about happens. We have good back up olinemen as is. I think duke williams is the perfect ss for rex, he lays the lumber, graham can fill in as well.

Im also excited to see manny lawson this year, i loved him under pettine, he was invisible last year though. Imo he is a younger better calvin pace.

Edited by BillsGuru4

If there's one old NFL adage that seems to consistently ring true, it's 'when you Draft for Need, (TE in the 2nd), you'll eventually fail. Yes, we now really need a TE, but our picks are a real precious commodity this year, so BPA on the Board at the time is the time-tested best way to go. JMO

If there's one old NFL adage that seems to consistently ring true, it's 'when you Draft for Need, (TE in the 2nd), you'll eventually fail. Yes, we now really need a TE, but our picks are a real precious commodity this year, so BPA on the Board at the time is the time-tested best way to go. JMO

Agree 1,000%

I agree 100%, but the top te's this year are projected to be second rounders, im always against reaching for need.

I would:

• Sign Harvin
  • Sign Gresham
  • Draft Preston Smith

If we have the cap room, I'd be happy with that, I think Preston Smith might be drafted before 50...maybe Nate Orchard or a TE would be good

I'd pull the trigger for a third....this year. We're in win now mode. He most likely has a good 2-3 years left. Once his play drops off, cut bait, and insert one of the guards we'll surely draft this year and next.

With what pick? One from round 5, 6 or, 7?

I would:

• Sign Harvin
  • Sign Gresham
  • Draft Preston Smith

Works for me Kirby :thumbsup:

Mathis graded almost a +50.0 (from PFF) two years ago, and was a big reason why Shady ran so well that year.

The weakest area of the team last year was the offensive line, and I was really hoping that the Bills would make building an elite line a priority.