If we had a D when Gailey was here....

Virgil

I see people poking fun at the Jets taking our offense from a few years back but, wasn't our offense pretty good? I mean, we lost many of our games because we couldn't stop anyone on defense. That team knew how to score points.

You give Chan Fitz, Stevie, Spiller, Marshall, and a defense, I think they will do better than most people think...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see people poking fun at the Jets taking our offense from a few years back but, wasn't our offense pretty good? I mean, we lost many of our games because we couldn't stop anyone on defense. That team knew how to score points.

You give Chan Fitz, Stevie, Spiller, Marshall, and a defense, I think they will do better than most people think...

Noooooooo.

5 October 7 4:25 p.m. at San Francisco 49ers L 3–45

6 October 14 4:05 p.m. at Arizona Cardinals W 19–16 (OT)

9 November 4 1:00 p.m. at Houston Texans L 9–21

11 November 15 8:20 p.m. Miami Dolphins W 19–14

12 November 25 1:00 p.m. at Indianapolis Colts L 13–20

14 December 9 1:00 p.m. St. Louis Rams L 12–15

15 December 16 4:05 p.m. Seattle Seahawks L 17–50

16 December 23 1:00 p.m. at Miami Dolphins L 10–24

Bad offense.

Edited by FireChan

I agree.I think he could do wonders with Sammy.

It was pretty good until teams figured out Fitzpatrick couldn't throw a pass more then 10 yards downfield. Load the box and no adjustments to be made, highly doubt Spiller will post those same numbers ever again even if the cast around him is similar.

Overall I'm not too worried.

Didn`t Fitz beat us last year ? Yeah I think so.

It was pretty good until teams figured out Fitzpatrick couldn't throw a pass more then 10 yards downfield. Load the box and no adjustments to be made, highly doubt Spiller will post those same numbers ever again even if the cast around him is similar.

Overall I'm not too worried.

We give Fitz crap about his arm, but how about this throw:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/0ap3000000436287/Wk-13-Can-t-Miss-Play-Red-Hot-Hopkins

Didn`t Fitz beat us last year ? Yeah I think so.

We mostly beat ourselves that time.

Wrong...we put up points against bad teams or late in games when we had been getting blown out all game. Chan was constantly out coached, the offense was constantly doing the opposite of what it should be doing (like leaning on Fitz when the run game was averaging 7ypc) and Chan was so in love with Fitz he couldn't help but let him throw us out of games.

There were several games where our run game was dominating in the first half and the game was close to just see him come out in the 2nd half and literally run less than 5 more times the rest of the game and let Fitz throw and throw until he had enough turnovers to lose us the game.

A LARGE part of the stats that both Fitz and Stevie compiled were in games where we were way behind most the game and we picked up easy garbage points in the 4th quarter to make the game look less like a blow out. The Fitz/Chan era is so over rated its not even funny. People look at total stats and thing they were good. Like that first year with Fitz...everyone was SO IN LOVE with the Baltimore game where he threw 4 TD's and broke 300 yards that they all conveniently over looked the 2 second half INTS that lost us the game and caused him to have to throw so much. He would go on to score very little until several weeks later where he again threw 4 TDs against Cincy...however, he had thrown 3 INTS to start the game and it wasnt until Cincy lost 3 starting DBs during the game that he was able to start passing on them. Thats 8 TDs in 2 games that padded his stats while everyone else ignored he was averaging around 1 TD a game the other 10 or so games.

Fitz sucks..Chan sucks. Chan has again proven his love affair with Fitz by trading for him. Chan is no where near the offensive guru he is made out to be...his coaching and game plan single handedly lost us more games than it won. He is terrible at in game adjustments, lets the other team dictate how he calls the game (and says so in press conferences), and is stubborn with his love affair with Fitz.

Stevie? Yes because Stevie is so good that the Niners just cut him after trading a 4th round pick for him despite needing WR help. Steve was a product of Chan and his play from way behind approach and pile garbage stats in the 4th qtr of bad losses. Steve RARELY had big games in games that mattered...in fact, in our wins we ran more than passed...in our losses we threw more than ran. Steve is very over rated.