Bills announce press conf for 11:45

Love it!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does it feel like the first in years that Front Office and Coaching staff are on the same page, and have a clear and established plan of attack and the means to do it?

YES! It's all different now. We're back to being functioning and relevant.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Rodak knows better (it pains me to say this).

In all likelihood it was some wrinkly, half-deaf, "I guess I'm doing this Facebook thing now so like it or whatever, please" reporter like Sal Maiorano--a guy who hasn't yet been tipped off to "vibrate" mode because every time he's told about it he rolls his eyes and insists "I don't know how to work these damn things."

lmao

Is it over? Rome show?

Yep

And Rodak's takeaway -

@mikerodak: Should be interesting to see how Sammy Watkins feels about the Bills plan for the QB to protect the ball."

Personally I don't think "protecting the ball" and "throwing the ball" are mutually exclusive.

Yep

And Rodak's takeaway -

@mikerodak: Should be interesting to see how Sammy Watkins feels about the Bills plan for the QB to protect the ball."

Personally I don't think "protecting the ball" and "throwing the ball" are mutually exclusive.

Rodak's Imagine Spot for Sammy:

"Wait, the QB is supposed to throw it to me, and not the DB? WHAAAAAAT?"

Yep

And Rodak's takeaway -

I really can hardly remember a tweet from rodak that didn't have some kind of sneer or sting in it.

Yep

And Rodak's takeaway -

Rodak's comment there is a bit snarky, but I see his point.

Clearly the offense they are planning is not going to be a WR's delight, nor is Sammy going to put up the kinds of numbers he could be putting up if we had someone who could actually throw him the ball.

Clearly the offense they are planning is not going to be a WR's delight, nor is Sammy going to put up the kinds of numbers he could be putting up if we had someone who could actually throw him the ball.

true - but I think they will still throw the ball. No he isn't catching it from an elite QB but he had a great year last year in the same QB situation

true - but I think they will still throw the ball. No he isn't catching it from an elite QB but he had a great year last year in the same QB situation

Yes indeed. We will throw the ball and he will get some catches.

Yep

And Rodak's takeaway -

Uhh Mike, here's what he will say - "I want to win games, I'll play my part to do that."

Uhh Mike, here's what he will say - "I want to win games, I'll play my part to do that."

Right, I mean... He's here 3-4 more years regardless. I do think we will see Sammy screens more often this year. He played with a poor QB in college and he just threw him screens all day.

Here's the thing about Sammy, all anyone in Buffalo was talking about last season was similar to what they said about Spiller for years and immediately after they drafted him.

All that mattered was getting Watkins the ball and magic would happen with the "ball in his hands."

Well, it didn't quite work out that way. He was targeted signficantly more than any other player on this team from a receiving standpoint, and magic hardly happened. He was absurdly inconsistent too. He's good but once again they've hyped him up into a shoes that he almost can't possibly fill. Evans, Benjamin, Matthews, and Landry all had QBs no better than Watkins had but all performed equally or better than Watkins.

More fans will catch on this season, but Watkins will be good, not great though. Nevertheless, the picks are gone, he's here, so we'll make the best of it. But that along with the glaring reach for Manuel should haunt Whaley's career. The current decision-making does not smack of Whaley-esque decisions. It's far more sound and reasonable ones that are likely being made by someone else.

Having said all of that, we won't know to what extent our WRs are adequate until we get competent QB play. Frankly, a great TE would do more good for the offense in general. I love whoever's mock draft had us taking Clive Walford from The U. I'd take him in round 2 in a heartbeat.

Edited by TaskersGhost

Posting a Rodak tweet should be a temp ban.

Here's the thing about Sammy, all anyone in Buffalo was talking about last season was similar to what they said about Spiller for years and immediately after they drafted him.

All that mattered was getting Watkins the ball and magic would happen with the "ball in his hands."

Well, it didn't quite work out that way. He was targeted signficantly more than any other player on this team from a receiving standpoint, and magic hardly happened. He was absurdly inconsistent too. He's good but once again they've hyped him up into a shoes that he almost can't possibly fill. Evans, Benjamin, Matthews, and Landry all had QBs no better than Watkins had but all performed equally or better than Watkins.

More fans will catch on this season, but Watkins will be good, not great though. Nevertheless, the picks are gone, he's here, so we'll make the best of it. But that along with the glaring reach for Manuel should haunt Whaley's career. The current decision-making does not smack of Whaley-esque decisions. It's far more sound and reasonable ones that are likely being made by someone else.

Having said all of that, we won't know to what extent our WRs are adequate until we get competent QB play. Frankly, a great TE would do more good for the offense in general. I love whoever's mock draft had us taking Clive Walford from The U. I'd take him in round 2 in a heartbeat.

Sammy had 4 dropped passes all season...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edited by arcane

A good QB can put the ball in the hands of nobody receivers all day long, and for the most part, they'll catch the ball and gain yards.

The reverse scenario doesn't really work. Unfortunately, that was the one Whaley went with. I will never understand how an elite receiver makes a garbage QB better. It doesn't work that way. The river only flows one way, not the other.

I wouldn't criticize Whaley or anyone else for not finding the good QB option; they aren't out there and when they are, you have to almost luck into them.

What I would criticize him for is thinking Sammy is going to turn a bad QB into a good one. That won't work.

I've said this before, but Whaley should have been fired over that in my opinion, even if he has done some nice things for this team too. The EJ/Sammy trade up one-two punch should have sent Whaley back to the scouting ranks.