Andre Johnson as big receiving option instead of TE?

I think that wouldn't solve anything. Part of the benefit of a good TE would be there added blocking ability. We'd be avoiding the position

Most of the TEs that are good receiving options are nothing special as blockers.

Johnson is within 20lbs of Clay and Jordan Cameron with much less injury history than Cameron and more production than either last year.

It would solve the lack of experience and leadership at the position that was a glaring issue last season.

Everyone is one year older, a year more experienced. And again, we continue to avoid a position of importance in Romans offense

Most of the TEs that are good receiving options are nothing special as blockers.

Johnson is within 20lbs of Clay and Jordan Cameron with much less injury history than Cameron and more production than either last year.

Are you suggesting playing Johnson as a traditional TE? Cuz if not, it's still avoiding the position.

Everyone is one year older, a year more experienced. And again, we continue to avoid a position of importance in Romans offense

Are you suggesting playing Johnson as a traditional TE? Cuz if not, it's still avoiding the position.

No, not suggesting playing Johnson at "traditional" TE, but Clay and Cameron are not really traditional TEs, either. I think Johnson at 33 can provide better receiving production than either Clay or Cameron. Can you get the same run game production withspreading the WRs out (including Johnson) as you can with average or less blocking from Clay or Cameron for pretty equivalent money?

No, not suggesting playing Johnson at "traditional" TE, but Clay and Cameron are not really traditional TEs, either. I think Johnson at 33 can provide better receiving production than either Clay or Cameron. Can you get the same run game production withspreading the WRs out (including Johnson) as you can with average or less blocking from Clay or Cameron for pretty equivalent money?

It's an interesting take, I just can't picture how he'd fit in

What is a traditional TE and does any team use that type of player?

The Bills STILL need a "big" receiver. A "throw it up to" guy. Was really hoping for Brandon Marshall, but would accept Andre Johnson(for the right price)

I think the idea of these types of players are overrated and inefficient. The goal line fade is as much as the QB as it is the receiver. I'd prefer to not have our offense need to have a "throw it up" to him guy.