Bills can win Superbowl with EJ

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's really only one of two ways that the Bills win a Superbowl with EJ as the starter. The first way is easy and everyone knows that he has to play better than what he has played so far. By better, I basically mean being in the top dozen performers at his position in the league. Every quarterback that has been on a team that has won a Superbowl in the last 25 years is or will be in the Hall of Fame except Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson. Let's not forget though that Brad Johnson was the league MVP the year he won his. Dilfer we all know was the benefactor of perhaps the best defense to play the game. That leads me to the second way they can do it and that is for the Bills defense to play even better than they already have for the last two years. The last two years the Bills have had the best defense in the history of the team. The idea that they'll be even better has me doubtful that they can do it that way.

How exactly is EJ in the top 1% of his profession? If each NFL team retains 3 QBs, that means there are 96 total QBs. 1% of 96 is about 10. EJ is not anywhere near being a top 10 QB in the NFL.

Not close to top ten, but how can you blatantly disregard the CFL, the 7 different professional arena football leagues, the fall experimental league....

You find me 33000 pro QBs and I can prove EJ is in the top 1% of his profession

There's really only one of two ways that the Bills win a Superbowl with EJ as the starter. The first way is easy and everyone knows that he has to play better than what he has played so far. By better, I basically mean being in the top dozen performers at his position in the league. Every quarterback that has been on a team that has won a Superbowl in the last 25 years is or will be in the Hall of Fame except Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson. Let's not forget though that Brad Johnson was the league MVP the year he won his. Dilfer we all know was the benefactor of perhaps the best defense to play the game. That leads me to the second way they can do it and that is for the Bills defense to play even better than they already have for the last two years. The last two years the Bills have had the best defense in the history of the team. The idea that they'll be even better has me doubtful that they can do it that way.

Say what??

Hard to say any QB besides the top 5 guys will win a SB. But the 49ers nearly went to a SB with Alex Smith and the Jets nearly went to the SB with Sanchez. EJ had a better rookie year, far and away, than both of those guys.

Did Alex Smith, or Sanchez suffer three knee injuries in their rookie year?

Not hating, btw. You have a tendency to look only at the figures that support your EJ crusade, and ignore those that don't. And, anyone who chooses not to ignore such things is an "EJ hater."

Then why didn't EJ take Florida State to the National title? As soon as he left, boom! they got one.

If EJ starts another game for the Bills, I will be shocked.

They can't with a SB with him playing. It is just not in the realm of possibility.

Why didn't Tony Dungy win SB in Tampa? Soon as he left, boom! They win with Chucky.

Then why didn't EJ take Florida State to the National title? As soon as he left, boom! they got one.

If EJ starts another game for the Bills, I will be shocked.

They can't with a SB with him playing. It is just not in the realm of possibility.

This is silly logic and overly dramatic. How many Superbowl winning QBs won a national championship?

EJ Manuel was drafted as a project QB and he's still in the "may or may not become a franchise QB" zone. Some QBs who weren't even projects take years to become productive QBs like Rogers and Brees. Do some fans really think he wouldn't take three years at least if he were ever to become anything?

If the very average Joe Flacco can win a Superbowl riding a great defense and running game, then an improved EJ Manuel (if it ever does happen) can win one too.

Why didn't Tony Dungy win SB in Tampa? Soon as he left, boom! They win with Chucky.

Because Chucky was a better coach.

This is silly logic and overly dramatic. How many Superbowl winning QBs won a national championship?

EJ Manuel was drafted as a project QB and he's still in the "may or may not become a franchise QB" zone. Some QBs who weren't even projects take years to become productive QBs like Rogers and Brees. Do some fans really think he wouldn't take three years at least if he were ever to become anything?

If the very average Joe Flacco can win a Superbowl riding a great defense and running game, then an improved EJ Manuel (if it ever does happen) can win one too.

I don't think the point is that he didn't win a National Championship so much as it is that his replacement did with mostly the same team the following year.

And no offense, but this project thing is bull ****. The only recent first round project I can recall in recent memory was Tannehill who converted from WR to QB half way through college.

I don't think the point is that he didn't win a National Championship so much as it is that his replacement did with mostly the same team the following year.

And no offense, but this project thing is bull ****. The only recent first round project I can recall in recent memory was Tannehill who converted from WR to QB half way through college.

Thanks for clarifying my point. I am also tired of all this 'project' and 'development' talk. EJ has been a starting QB for a long time. Most Florida State people hold no special fondness for his era of leadership. He is what he is ... a talented, yet enigmatic nice guy.

I will not be surprised if Tyrod Taylor pushed EJ into the land of Jeff Tuel on the depth chart.

Cassel will be the starter.