Bills can win Superbowl with EJ

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aside from Flacco, who went on an ungodly run in the playoffs that year, not one of them has been in the last 10 years since the rules were changed in favor of the passing game. That's not a coincidence.

No it's not a coincidence that Williams, Rypien, Hostetler, Dilfer, Simms, Johnson, McMahon "has not been" to the SB in the past 10 years.....

As others have pointed out, your take on Flacco could not be more incorrect. Since he entered the NFL in 2008, his playoff record is far better than any other QB, and it's not even close.

Aside from Flacco, who went on an ungodly run in the playoffs that year, not one of them has been in the last 10 years since the rules were changed in favor of the passing game. That's not a coincidence.

Defense won in the 70's, 80's, 90's and today. Seattle should of won back to back Superbowl's if it wasn't for the passing game.

Stop trying rationalize the fact that the Bills QB position remains unsolved.

Not so great QB's???? With the exception of Trent Dilfer, all those guys played well for at least a few seasons. Phil Simms is in the HOF.

This is just silly.

Actually not yet I believe. But he is a 2 time SB winner and went to the pro bowl ... so yes this is very silly indeed.

Actually not yet I believe. But he is a 2 time SB winner and went to the pro bowl ... so yes this is very silly indeed.

He was on the team injured and watched while Hostetler beat the Bills in SB25. But yes, technically he does have 2 rings.

I, personally, don't think the Bills are going to ground and pound. If you watch highlights of the 49ers and Philadelphia, both teams ran some version of the "spread" offense. Listening to Rex's comments when he got hired, he mentioned wanting EJ to use his legs more. He also mentioned how EJ didn't commit many turnovers(a spin off of Whaley's protect the ball comments today). I think they are all in on EJ and we will see a vast improvement in his play with the Bills making the playoffs.

Here is a list of not so great QB's that won a Superbowl,

1. Doug Williams, Washington Redskins vs Denver

2. Trent Dilfer, Baltimore Ravens vs NY Giants

3. Jeff Hostetler NY Giants vs Buffalo Bills. Was he really better than Jim Kelly?

4. Brad Johnson Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs Oakland Raiders

5. Joe Flaco, Baltimore Ravens vs. San Francisco 49ers

6. Jim McMahon, Chicago Bears vs New England.

7. Phil Simms, NY Giants vs. Denver

All there teams had a top NFL Defense and a power running game.

Your argument can be exemplified by Eli Manning. He has played well at times but had years and years of horrible play.... He's really not a consistent clear cut great qb. He's been utterly aweful at times. Only 4 of 10 seasons has he completed over 60%. as a rookie his passer rating was 55...55!!! In 9 games. Fifty fricken five.

Eli can't carry a team but give him a great d, solid rb and very good WRs and he won it all. Twice...

Your argument can be exemplified by Eli Manning. He has played well at times but had years and years of horrible play.... He's really not a consistent clear cut great qb. He's been utterly aweful at times. Only 4 of 10 seasons has he completed over 60%. as a rookie his passer rating was 55...55!!! In 9 games. Fifty fricken five.

Eli can't carry a team but give him a great d, solid rb and very good WRs and he won it all. Twice...

EJ is no Eli.

Addis Ababa. With this defense all we need is a game manager who can protect the ball and I think Ababa can be that guy.

Are you sure about that?

I mean I like Addis Ababa just fine. But arguably, Addis Ababa's finest day came and went over two thousand years ago.