Boston Herald: NE, careful what you wish for with Rex

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He also referred to bflo as "upstate" which drives me nuts

i hear ya! that term is like nails on a chalkboard! when i hear it, you just wanna say.. where? upstate ny? niagara falls? albany, saratoga? the elitist attitude of all the NYCers is maddening.. they perpetuate that crap.

Edited by dwight in philly

i hear ya! that term is like nails on a chalkboard! when i hear it, you just wanna say.. where? upstate ny? niagara falls? albany, saratoga? the elitist attitude of all the NYCers is maddening.. they perpetuate that crap.

White Plains :lol:

Yes but I mean he said WNY in one paragraph and then called it upstate in another. Google maps are your friend, Ron Borges!

it sounds like lazy journalism.. the "upstate" term is a catch all term as we all know.

Edited by dwight in philly

Upstate State, WNY, frozen state, who gives a ****, all I want to hear coming out of their mouths is "Daddy" once we take back what is rightfully ours and that is the division title! Their nucleus is starting to fade into the sunset, *see Woolfork! Soon it will be Marcia Brady and then the dreaded Belichick. First I want to pound those two asses a few times before we show them the way out!

it sounds like lazy journalism.. the "upstate" term is a catch all term as we all know.

I wouldnt say "lazy." Surely he knows where Buffalo is.

I'd call it "pandering." Because he isnt writing for Buffalo readers. He is writing for large market readers, who just like NYC residents, consider anything 5 miles north of NYC as "upstate."

I wouldnt say "lazy." Surely he knows where Buffalo is.

I'd call it "pandering." Because he isnt writing for Buffalo readers. He is writing for large market readers, who just like NYC residents, consider anything 5 miles north of NYC as "upstate."

Buffalo weather is terrible, too. Not like the palm tree paradise of New England.

Buffalo weather is terrible, too. Not like the palm tree paradise of New England.

Bingo! Give that man a cigar. Everyone knows New England is the tropical paradise of the North. :)

Lake Erie never caught on fire, but the Cuyahoga River did several times. The fact that the mouth of the Cuyahoga River is Lake Erie has nothing to do with Darrelle Revis' interest in playing for Rex again.

Wow the things that make people made and get their goat. Upstate, really?This IS upstate NY. The term is used because New York is generally used for the large powerful city known as New York City. Upstate differentiates from NYC and is widely used and accepted. That simple. Get over your inferiority complex and deal with it. Buffalo can't carry NYC's lunch. We're not even a top tier city in this country, deal with it. Accept the truth.

Wow the things that make people made and get their goat. Upstate, really?This IS upstate NY. The term is used because New York is generally used for the large powerful city known as New York City. Upstate differentiates from NYC and is widely used and accepted. That simple. Get over your inferiority complex and deal with it. Buffalo can't carry NYC's lunch. We're not even a top tier city in this country, deal with it. Accept the truth.

:rolleyes: