Your next Bills QB will be...the Sanchise.

Let's face it....the Bills are desperate at QB. Most likely they're not going to be able to acquire a franchise QB at this point.....and that really sucks for us.

Sanchez can be a very capable player in the right system. He is the best QB available (minus a trade). The Bills would be lucky to get him at this point.

I would rate the available QBs as follows:

1. Sanchez (had success with Philly last year)

2. M. Moore (worth a look)

3. Locker (talented but very, very injury prone)

4. Hoyer (a very good backup QB).

When and how has this ever happened? In his first two seasons he was mediocre at best; he then got progressively worse. Last season he put up some nice numbers in a QB-friendly system but still stojan'd the bed when it mattered. If the Philly system wasn't the "right" system for Sanchez, nothing is.

The biggest problem? YOU CAN'T TRUST HIM. Rex wants no part of that -- I'd almost guarantee it.

#s 2, 3, and 4 in your list are all palatable.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sanchize is a "has been" and will not be the long term answer in Buffalo.

From what I am reading most of (99%) the EJ detractors want THE next QB to be Franchise QB,

oh all the while asking for every journeyman FA in the market to replace EJ.

I don't believe anyone (EJ detractor, or otherwise) is realistically looking for a franchise QB at this point in time. (Although, there is the occasional, "what if Drew Brees climbed on the wrong bus?" style comment.) The idea that EJ will be our next franchise QB is as likely as Sanchez, or Locker, or Hoyer being the next franchise QB. Which is to say: not very likely. With as few options as are available, the question should be, "who gives us the best chance to win in 2015," and that should be the only question. The notion of hiring a FA vet QB because they would be "a good backup for EJ," is bizarre.

Let's face it....the Bills are desperate at QB. Most likely they're not going to be able to acquire a franchise QB at this point.....and that really sucks for us.

Sanchez can be a very capable player in the right system. He is the best QB available (minus a trade). The Bills would be lucky to get him at this point.

I would rate the available QBs as follows:

1. Sanchez (had success with Philly last year)

2. M. Moore (worth a look)

3. Locker (talented but very, very injury prone)

4. Hoyer (a very good backup QB).

I would put Moore on the top of that list. Why? Because it's just my opinion, that's why!

When and how has this ever happened? In his first two seasons he was mediocre at best; he then got progressively worse. Last season he put up some nice numbers in a QB-friendly system but still stojan'd the bed when it mattered. If the Philly system wasn't the "right" system for Sanchez, nothing is.

The biggest problem? YOU CAN'T TRUST HIM. Rex wants no part of that -- I'd almost guarantee it.

#s 2, 3, and 4 in your list are all palatable.

Thank you, I cringed whenever the talking heads like Florio, King, Schefter and people on this forum suggest Sanchez based on either past history or he has had the most "success" of all the FA QBs. Sanchez is a average QB who is a backup who needs to be in a QB friendly system to mask his mistake prone decision-making. Sanchez has proven time after time that you cannot depend on him to win or put you in position to win big games.

Mark Sanchez is the best available FA QB on the market. Rex is obviously very familiar with the Sanchise and still thinks highly of him. Sanchez showed he could be pretty good as the starting QB for Philly last year. He is our best option at this point.....minus a trade for a vet QB.

I expect the Bills to sign him now that McCown is no longer an option.

See his highlights. The link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LL8FHwqDTs.

Sanchez is athletic, can make all the throws, and is very experienced. His main bugaboo is that he throws too many INTs. If Roman can help him with that he just might give us the fighting chance that we need.

His main "bugaboo" is that he has been at the top, or near the top, of the leader board in interceptions AND fumbles every full season he has played - no matter who he plays for, or what system he plays in. Last year with Philly, if the number of interceptions and fumbles he had in the games he played would have been extrapolated out for a full 16 games, he would have been in the top 5 again. Given the lack of a franchise caliber QB, the Bills have to rely heavily on their defense and running game. The number one quality needed by a QB in that system is the ability to take care of the football - pretty much the opposite of Sanchez.

Edited by billsfan1959

it's going to be Locker. the question is who is the other guy going to be (if there will be another guy)? i don't think Sanchez fits the veteran father figure who has been around the league role. we need a Orton/Kolb type guy and McCown was supposed to be that person apparently. tough to find good veterans who have been around who are ok with riding the bench and mentoring young guys. usually teams get that guy and keep them forever until they retire because they are so cheap and you get a lot for what you pay for (Hasselbeck, Brunell, Batch).

Hoyer could be a good one but he is so set on starting that he wouldn't exactly fit into their plans if he ended up not winning the job. plus he's probably looking for a starting QB salary so no thanks. i guess Cassel is a career backup that has been around and would be ok with being a mentor but i doubt the Vikings let him go. tough call, might end up not bringing in another vet if nobody like that is available

it's going to be Locker. the question is who is the other guy going to be (if there will be another guy)? i don't think Sanchez fits the veteran father figure who has been around the league role. we need a Orton/Kolb type guy and McCown was supposed to be that person apparently. tough to find good veterans who have been around who are ok with riding the bench and mentoring young guys. usually teams get that guy and keep them forever until they retire because they are so cheap and you get a lot for what you pay for (Hasselbeck, Brunell, Batch).

Hoyer could be a good one but he is so set on starting that he wouldn't exactly fit into their plans if he ended up not winning the job. plus he's probably looking for a starting QB salary so no thanks. i guess Cassel is a career backup that has been around and would be ok with being a mentor but i doubt the Vikings let him go. tough call, might end up not bringing in another vet if nobody like that is available

Does Locker give us the best chance to win in 2015? Why?

The Bills really only have one viable QB on the roster....EJ. They're going to need to acquire at least two more QBs for that reason. One will likely be a vet and the other a younger guy either via the draft or trade.

I'm not saying that Sanchez is a franchise QB or even some great QB. His track record says clearly that he's not. However, when stacked against the guys that are available to us he looks pretty good.

IMHO, he's the best of what's available. Watch his highlights (i.e. my first post). He's very athletic and a very capable QB. If he can minimize the INTs he could be good enough to get us into the playoffs.

Does Locker give us the best chance to win in 2015? Why?

I think he is a risky move because of the injuries but when he is healthy he can be really good. I think they like his athleticism, arm strength, and leadership. He isn't very accurate though. But I think he beats out EJ in a head to head competition. But at the same time it would make sense to have another guy to fall back to in case it doesn't work out or in case he gets injured

The Bills really only have one viable QB on the roster....EJ. They're going to need to acquire at least two more QBs for that reason. One will likely be a vet and the other a younger guy either via the draft or trade.

I'm not saying that Sanchez is a franchise QB or even some great QB. His track record says clearly that he's not. However, when stacked against the guys that are available to us he looks pretty good.

IMHO, he's the best of what's available. Watch his highlights (i.e. my first post). He's very athletic and a very capable QB. If he can minimize the INTs he could be good enough to get us into the playoffs.

Watch more than his highlights and you'll see minimizing INTs is something Sanchez is unable to do. It's not coaching. It's not scheme. It's not the players around him. It's not even the situation on the field. It's between his ears.

And he lacks it.

wow this board is all over the place. we clearly have no clue. lets just let it play out. there is no obvious solution.

lets get hughes signed, get another Olineman signed in FA, Get Clay signed, we have work to do. QB probably sanchez i guess.... but no great oh boy in that. the guy can play a little and is damaged goods so, $$ won't be too bad

I'm sorry, has anyone thought that perhaps Roman doesn't want Sanchez?

I think EJ gives us more of a mobile option at QB. I think Roman (correct me if I'm wrong) values more of a west coast approach than EJ has ever experiences. Possibly the quick throws and run heavy game will how EJ the support system he needs be successful.

I think EJ gives us more of a mobile option at QB. I think Roman (correct me if I'm wrong) values more of a west coast approach than EJ has ever experiences. Possibly the quick throws and run heavy game will how EJ the support system he needs be successful.

I think that's exactly backwards. EJ has had three knee injuries in his 14 starts.

I don't think Roman and Co. are worried about his durability. They aren't married to EJ as a starter and would use him (hypothetically) as a runner despite past injuries. If you look at the carry distribution of Romans offense in the past three years, the QBs ranged from 70-90 carries. Idt shanchez will handle that load. Anyways just my opinion

Do you guys not remember how rotten Sanchez was with the Jets? The butt fumble, the countless picks, the horrible decisions with the football?

I would give the ball to Jeff Tuel before Sanchez.

I realize the option list is very limited, but I see zero upside to bringing him in. I have been watching NFL football for 40 years, and the only USC quarterback I can remember being even decent is Carson Palmer.