Your next Bills QB will be...the Sanchise.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Costed? Really?

In all seriousness, I think that of all the FA QBs available, Sanchez is the best one... it really pains me to say that, but it is the truth. We need another option at QB, and unless we can swing a trade for Bradford (which sounds unlikely at this point), dirty is the best available.

Ok, grammar mistake aside yes he was one of the big reason Eagles did miss the playoffs, look at his performances late in the year vs Seattle vs Dallas and vs Washington, he was very average and those games and as a result Eagles were finished. Sanchez is a turnover machine, plain and simple. I much rather have a QB that I know I don't have to worry that once every 5 pass may be an interception.

Ok, grammar mistake aside yes he was one of the big reason Eagles did miss the playoffs, look at his performances late in the year vs Seattle vs Dallas and vs Washington, he was very average and those games and as a result Eagles were finished. Sanchez is a turnover machine, plain and simple. I much rather have a QB that I know I don't have to worry that once every 5 pass may be an interception.

In order for Sanchez to not sink a team, he needs to be in a situation similar to the two years in a row in which the Jests made it to the AFC title game. He needs to be on a team with a stacked defense (check) and a commitment to running the football (supposedly that's the plan).

If you can stay in every game with your defense and running game, a guy like Sanchez can serve as an effective manager. Let him hide behind the run and short pass game in close contests, drawing the defense in tight, then have him throw the occasional, well-timed, deep ball against man coverage, which we know our receivers are fully capable of beating.

The Eagles are an uptempo offense that likes to put the game in the hands of the QB, and after a full season of Chip Kelly film, teams knew how to defend it.

And again, it pains me to have to take this side in a discussion.

Do I think Sanchez is a very good qb? Absolutely not. However, do I think there is a better *realistic* option out there? Absolutely not.

With the options out there right now, we just need to find the guy who will screw it up the least.

Edited by devldog131

In order for Sanchez to not sink a team, he needs to be in a situation similar to the two years in a row in which the Jests made it to the AFC title game. He needs to be on a team with a stacked defense (check) and a commitment to running the football (supposedly that's the plan).

If you can stay in every game with your defense and running game, a guy like Sanchez can serve as an effective manager. Let him hide behind the run and short pass game in close contests, drawing the defense in tight, then have him throw the occasional, well-timed, deep ball against man coverage, which we know our receivers are fully capable of beating.

The Eagles are an uptempo offense that likes to put the game in the hands of the QB, and after a full season of Chip Kelly film, teams knew how to defend it.

I'm sorry, that just isn't going to work with Mark Sanchez imo. Chip Kelly's system was perfect system to mask Sanchez's inability to quickly decipher a defense pre-snap and the fact that his arm isn't as strong as it was pre-shoulder surgery. I just don't think Sanchez will be able to win games when teams either stop our running game or will be willing to stack the box daring Sanchez to beat them.

for a backup only

What exactly is the logic here? You bring in a QB to be " only a backup" when you have a proven guy holding down the starting job. That is clearly not the position the Bills are in. If Sanchezwere added, he would be at minimum a serious candidate to win the starting position, if not the immediate favorite. Who exaclly would hebe brought in to back up. Manuel? While EJ would certainly be firmly in the competitive mix, he hasn't shown much as a starter in the NFL. Sanchez led a couple Jets squads ( albeit with very good defenses) to winning records and even playoff wins. Those are far greater accomplishments at the NFL level than probably any other QB the Bills might be able to land this year. While not any kind of long term answer at the position, he could allow the Bills to take advantage of their currently strong defense and compete for a wild card berth. So saying that you are on board with acquiring Sanchez, but only as a backup is curious. That qualifier would have made sense with say, Josh McCown. At age 35 , he's never done much but be a backup at this level. But the Bills are in no position, with their top Defense and veteran coaching staff, to be scouting for backup QB's. They are in a win now mode, and that means any QB ( save maybe a draft pick) needs to be a potential starter. That means Bradford, Sanchez, Locker, maybe even a Matt Schaub. Most other names out there would be nonsensical for a team with the Bills current strengths, yet nothing but question marks at the most important position in sports.

What exactly is the logic here? You bring in a QB to be " only a backup" when you have a proven guy holding down the starting job. That is clearly not the position the Bills are in. If Sanchezwere added, he would be at minimum a serious candidate to win the starting position, if not the immediate favorite. Who exaclly would hebe brought in to back up. Manuel? While EJ would certainly be firmly in the competitive mix, he hasn't shown much as a starter in the NFL. Sanchez led a couple Jets squads ( albeit with very good defenses) to winning records and even playoff wins. Those are far greater accomplishments at the NFL level than probably any other QB the Bills might be able to land this year. While not any kind of long term answer at the position, he could allow the Bills to take advantage of their currently strong defense and compete for a wild card berth. So saying that you are on board with acquiring Sanchez, but only as a backup is curious. That qualifier would have made sense with say, Josh McCown. At age 35 , he's never done much but be a backup at this level. But the Bills are in no position, with their top Defense and veteran coaching staff, to be scouting for backup QB's. They are in a win now mode, and that means any QB ( save maybe a draft pick) needs to be a potential starter. That means Bradford, Sanchez, Locker, maybe even a Matt Schaub. Most other names out there would be nonsensical for a team with the Bills current strengths, yet nothing but question marks at the most important position in sports.

see what I just posted WRT logic

Sanchize is a "has been" and will not be the long term answer in Buffalo.

From what I am reading most of (99%) the EJ detractors want THE next QB to be Franchise QB,

oh all the while asking for every journeyman FA in the market to replace EJ.

Costed? Really?

In all seriousness, I think that of all the FA QBs available, Sanchez is the best one... it really pains me to say that, but it is the truth. We need another option at QB, and unless we can swing a trade for Bradford (which sounds unlikely at this point), dirty is the best available.

Costed...Bob Costas' dad; Bob Costed.

Sanchize is a "has been" and will not be the long term answer in Buffalo.

From what I am reading most of (99%) the EJ detractors want THE next QB to be Franchise QB,

oh all the while asking for every journeyman FA in the market to replace EJ.

While a long term answer is not likely on the roster for the 2015 season, that doesn't mean a short term answer cannot be found to put this team in the playoffs. Sanchez is not likely to ever be a franchise QB, but has won in the league with teams built similarly to what the Bills have and or plan to add to in FA. So he should be considered a possibility. A journeyman FA should not really be considered by the Bills. I wouldn't consider Sanchez a journeyman yet, just a high pick that bottomed out after some measure of success. Locker or Bradford are not journeymen either, though Bradford's availability for trade is in question and he may remain with the Rams. When ou are on say your fourth team, you have hit journeyman status for sure. Anyone seeking a true journeyman as starter is kidding themselves, as they are no more likely than Manuel to get the Bills to the postseason. I'd rather watch EJ start and fail ( at least then we could be sure of what he is) than watch a season with the likes of McCown or Cassell under center. While not a big believer in Sanchez, he doesn't fit in the same category as those two. The Bills should be trying for former high picks that for one reason or another haven' t panned out rather than true journeymen that have proven to be mediocrities in multiple stops along the way. EJ has earned nothing but a spot in a competition with what should be a couple other QB's that actually have talent. Not Jeff Tuel, who's talent level barely puts him in the league.

Let's face it....the Bills are desperate at QB. Most likely they're not going to be able to acquire a franchise QB at this point.....and that really sucks for us.

Sanchez can be a very capable player in the right system. He is the best QB available (minus a trade). The Bills would be lucky to get him at this point.

I would rate the available QBs as follows:

1. Sanchez (had success with Philly last year)

2. M. Moore (worth a look)

3. Locker (talented but very, very injury prone)

4. Hoyer (a very good backup QB).