Bryce Petty and Garrett Grayson

he Quebec wonders with Fitzpatrick when he was here last time. Fitz didn't regress at all under his tutelage

This is not a fair judgement of Lee.

Folks like to bring this up as if it was the only project he ever had. If you dig in you might find he really is quite well respected within the NFL. and for good reason i think.

Yeah. Tom Brady credits his personal throwing coach for his development. Manning also meticulous in the offseason working with QB coaches.

Honestly the best thing I think a team can do is leave their QB alone just install the offense and surround him with talent. Don't fool with his game too much.

You know what is great, the throwing coach Brady credits with his development also worked with Jamarcus Russell. I mean it really is all about the player and not the coaches.

Isnt it really about both?

How many rookie QBs have failed due to a flawed system(poor o line, receivers? play calling etc) who are being thrown to the wolves too soon.

the old 3 year program is hardly ever maintained due to the Need for a QB.

Nurture the kid , develop his strengths and reduce his weaknesses. and protect him.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

from what I understand, many QBs have an offseason coach separate from the team's.

As I understand it, they don't have a choice right now; the current CBA prohibits contact between the players and coaches off-season.

Interactions that really helped some QB (*cough* Rodgers *cough*) develop like McCarthy's off-season "QB school" are a thing of the past

As I understand it, they don't have a choice right now; the current CBA prohibits contact between the players and coaches off-season.

Interactions that really helped some QB (*cough* Rodgers *cough*) develop like McCarthy's off-season "QB school" are a thing of the past

The CBA doesn't prevent them from hiring private QB coaches which quite a few do.

They can have a QB coach in the off season... They have special gyms now that cater to NFL player off season training.

Folks like to bring this up as if it was the only project he ever had. If you dig in you might find he really is quite well respected within the NFL. and for good reason i think.

I always felt Lee's effort with Fitz was doomed to failure because if you want to really work with a guy's mechanics, OTAs are leaving it way too little too late.

You really want the guy to be working on that stuff in the off-season and bring it to camp with a few thousand reps under his belt

OTOH, that is a little bit on Lee not to recognize that.

I'd like to find that Lee is well respected within the NFL for good reason, but when I Google him all I find are numerous links to him ripping Geno Smith for inconsistency, which, does not sit well with me

I mean, he was Smith's coach, doesn't he bear some responsibility there?

I always felt Lee's effort with Fitz was doomed to failure because if you want to really work with a guy's mechanics, OTAs are leaving it way too little too late.

You really want the guy to be working on that stuff in the off-season and bring it to camp with a few thousand reps under his belt

OTOH, that is a little bit on Lee not to recognize that.

I'd like to find that Lee is well respected within the NFL for good reason, but when I Google him all I find are numerous links to him ripping Geno Smith for inconsistency, which, does not sit well with me

I mean, he was Smith's coach, doesn't he bear some responsibility there?

ask Romo how he fared with Lee.

Geno Smith is and idiot.

But i understand your point.

For Fitz, it was too late to change mechanics. that my only point about that.

I would not have an issue with the Bills drafting either of these guys. But the 2nd rd is a reach IMO for either one if they are approaching the draft as BPA. If they are drafting for QB need, I guess that's different but then they have 2 "projects" on board with investment of a 1st and a 2nd.

Petty is my man. Strong arm, quick release and very accurate. He makes quick and concise decisions. One read system my A**. No one says that about Mariotta.

Petty will be a better pro than Winston (who will flame out) and Mariota ( who isn't that good).

And why people like that Huntley guy is beyond me. He should covert to WR.

Petty is my man. Strong arm, quick release and very accurate. He makes quick and concise decisions. One read system my A**. No one says that about Mariotta.

Petty will be a better pro than Winston (who will flame out) and Mariota ( who isn't that good).

That`s right Peety

If this is the case, why isn't he seen as a 1st round pick?

I think Grayson is who Grayson is. He's already playing at his highest potential, which isn't all that great. Petty has a higher ceiling but is also a bigger risk. Tough call, not sold on either of them but here we are in a position where we need a QB and there aren't any good free agents or guys in the draft (unless you are picking 1st)

Glad you have Grayson all figured out. Definitely would pass on him.

Isnt it really about both?

How many rookie QBs have failed due to a flawed system(poor o line, receivers? play calling etc) who are being thrown to the wolves too soon.

the old 3 year program is hardly ever maintained due to the Need for a QB.

Nurture the kid , develop his strengths and reduce his weaknesses. and protect him.

I like playing devil's advocate that's all

If this is the case, why isn't he seen as a 1st round pick?

Project. needs time to adjust to the NFL as compared to his college system.

Kid has a decent ceiling. But invest our first pick on him, a QB who will need to sit a year or so is my only beef.

I like playing devil's advocate that's all

Hells bells, so do I !

I would not have an issue with the Bills drafting either of these guys. But the 2nd rd is a reach IMO for either one if they are approaching the draft as BPA. If they are drafting for QB need, I guess that's different but then they have 2 "projects" on board with investment of a 1st and a 2nd.

Whatever picks were used in the past should be irrelevant to the analysis. If they believe taking a player at a particular point optimizes their chance for success it would be foolish to take someone who gives you a less optimal chance for team success based on the expenditure of a resource they can't get back.

and then how long should we develop them ?

You could do it and let the guy sit and learn for a year or 2. This year would be Grayson. Let him sit as #3 this year. EJ plays. If EJ fails Grayson gets the full next season. We draft another guy as insurance, he sits while Grayson plays.

I dont see the harm in this, and actually should work eventually. May take 1 year or 5 years, but it wont take 20 years. Kelly retired in 1996.

Edited by TheTruthHurts