Stevie Johnson may be released from the 49ers (now released)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SMH Devil Dog. He did a lot more for the Buffalo Bills and the City than this one play. I'd welcome him back very quickly.

Absolutely. If we had Stevie or Williams playing last year we would have made the playoffs. A few of those games would have teetered our way.

Edited by What a Tuel

Absolutely. If we had Stevie or Williams playing last year we would have made the playoffs. A few of those games would have teetered our way.

Easy tiger. I love Stevie but that's not possible. The only game where the production may have been different is the Chargers game - way too many inconsistencies on O, as well as drops.

Sign Holcomb again too.

Speaking of that Kelly, I saw him 2 years ago in Charlotte Douglas. He was getting a flight to Nashville. Didn't say anything to him as he was in mid-conversation with someone at the departure gate.

Edited by Smooth

Fitz has been the only QB to know how to use Stevie's unique skill set. And it seemed at times Fitz was just throwing the ball out in Stevie's general direction and Stevie made the play.

Most QBs like their WR to be where the play says he should be.

Agree completely on this matter; Fritz seemed to understand how Stevie would adjust routes and possibilities where he would be. It takes a very intelligent QB to be on same page and most of the NFL QBs are not that good at multi-route plotting.

Easy tiger. I love Stevie but that's not possible. The only game where the production may have been different is the Chargers game - way too many inconsistencies on O, as well as drops.

Speaking of that Kelly, I saw him 2 years ago in Charlotte Douglas. He was getting a flight to Nashville. Didn't say anything to him as he was in mid-conversation with someone at the departure gate.

Our redzone offense was horrid. You are trying to tell me having Mike Williams or Stevie Johnson, would not have had an improvement?

Also there were several games that were close. Texans, Chiefs, Dolphins (probably our worst offensive showing), Raiders. 3 out of those 4 were decided by less than a touchdown. A red zone target would have made a difference.

Edited by What a Tuel

Fitz has been the only QB to know how to use Stevie's unique skill set. And it seemed at times Fitz was just throwing the ball out in Stevie's general direction and Stevie made the play.

Most QBs like their WR to be where the play says he should be.

Agreed.

Fitz's Harvard-educated brain allowed him to compute all the possibilities of where Stevie was supposed to run a pattern...and then throw it somewhere else. Invariably, that was the correct choice...

Stevie Johnson's mistake was playing with injuries, maybe he thought gimping around would be appreciated as kinda a warrior mentality thing but fans only appreciate playing with injuries when the player is effective. If SJ is healed then he should have no problems catching on with another team at a more modest salary, if the groin injury is still nagging and reoccurring then he might be out.

Wrong. Stevie Johnson's mistake has been not being dedicated enough to do the work during the off season to keep himself in top shape which is why he's consistently injured.

Million dollar athlete, 10 cent brain.

Wrong. Stevie Johnson's mistake has been not being dedicated enough to do the work during the off season to keep himself in top shape which is why he's consistently injured.

Million dollar athlete, 10 cent brain.

He actually got hurt the year he started doing off season workouts - http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Bills-Focus-Stevie-Johnson-Working-Out-for-2013/b386c7dc-8628-4486-a213-db53c5a0acfa