Chris Mortensen's 5 thoughts on the Bills

The media is changing b.c they realize the Bills are letting Rex be Rex... More juicy news for the media. So talk him up now so in case he fails it can be more of a story.

Could it simply be that the media is changing because they like the changes that they see. Personally I am really happy with how things are progressing since the Pegulas bought the team.

I tend to think that this is not true. I suspect players believe the media about as much as we do, and maybe even less. I have to believe the players talk to each other way more than they listen to the "experts" opinions about a team.

Agreed. Players probably hate the media. I would if I was a player. There are a lot of media that write/ talk real reckless about players (Jerry Sullivan calling Mario a loser for example) and the players have to pretend they don't want to knock them out.

It's a shame because there are some great journalists/ media members. But there are a lot more instigators who are trying to get famous.

No players wants to end up in the places with little coverage. Players go to places where they can have success. Teams that get media coverage tend to have more Pro-Bowl players. Money counts, but clearly joining an organization that is viewed as a positive organization is preferable to joining an organization that struggles to be respected. Your argument would have more validity if we knew that other players felt differently than the media about playing in Buffalo. I'm not sure that our history over the last decade is making any player outside of Buffalo say that is a team that can win. The media is a lot of ex players, like Faulk, Saunders, Warner, Strahan. These are players/HOFers that I would imagine have influence over current players.

It's the NFL. It's a monster. If you are good, you wil lget a ton of coverage. Whenever the Bills are good, they get plenty of coverage. Same with GB and Pittsburgh. No player is influenced by media coverage or they are morons you don't want anyway.

ESPN is in the entertainment business.

Rex Ryan is entertaining.

This&this. I often wonder.... It's clear that win or lose Rex made the bills relevant again. It's a short term bump, but maybe Pegula drove a pretty savvy move here as a new owner that was less about a w/l team manager and more about celebrity power.

so do we like Mortensen now?

for this week ..... sure

My thoughts on "

Chris Mortensen's 5 thoughts on the Bills

Thanks for nothing, again, Chris.

I see his as more of a mouthpiece for organizations more than anything.

ESPN has NEVER been a mouthpiece for the Buffalo Bills. so I am not sure I follow.

Didn't Berman predict a Bills v Niners super bowl for like a decade?

yes he did, he stopped maybe 4, 5 years ago?

I didn't mention ESPN, I said Mort and "him", so you don't follow...

ummmmm

ESPN’s Chris Mortensen has been a fixture on the NFL beat for more than 25 years.

you are excused :devil:

I call bullschit. Chris Mortensen has never strung together five thoughts on anything, Buffalo Bills or otherwise. Two thoughts is a stretch, three means a migraine, and four is a full-blown cranial event. I just don't see it.

GO BILLS!!!

I call bullschit. Chris Mortensen has never strung together five thoughts on anything, Buffalo Bills or otherwise. Two thoughts is a stretch, three means a migraine, and four is a full-blown cranial event. I just don't see it.

GO BILLS!!!

You sure you aren't thinking of Peter King?

I know everyone wants it to work with EJ, he is a first class, respectable guy, but you have to ask yourself if there was any other choice at QB, would you still think EJ was the answer? If the Bills trade/cut the guy, would any other team be scrambling to sign him? That's why I disagree with #3 on that list.

I know everyone wants it to work with EJ, he is a first class, respectable guy, but you have to ask yourself if there was any other choice at QB, would you still think EJ was the answer? If the Bills trade/cut the guy, would any other team be scrambling to sign him? That's why I disagree with #3 on that list.

People have gotten spoiled in the microwave society, meaning they want to fast and hot.

How many people thought Gino Smith was far better than EJ. Just look at when the Bills did to him twice in 2014.

I'm willing to give EJ this season to prove himself. I might be even more patient because this will be the 3rd different Offense in 3 years.

What about Green Bay? They all had that pencilled in as a loss by us. Win was pretty sweet there.

which was soured by the Orton failures in the Bronc's (very winnable) and Raiders games

those huge FLOPS cost the team the playoffs because Moron was too dumb to put EJ back in.