This week's source deep within

YoloinOhio

As for the big WR/TE, if you are someone like Jordan Cameron, do you come to Buffalo without a QB? Seattle is interested...others. Can we get a QB in place SOON to actively generate free agent interest?

Yeah, Jake Locker or Mark Sanchez are going to get free agents going crazy. Face it, it's EJ or some burn out another team(s) has given up on. Teams don't give up on good qbs.

And I think they draft a TE real early. Maxx Williams or Nick O'Leary work for me.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeremy Maclin. Draft the TE from Minnesota in the second. Sign Hoyer and focus on EJ.

Keep the foot on the gas. The new owners overspent for the team, so there's no reason to think they'll be cheap at any point.

I like the plan but Maclin is going to cost too much. And he kinda is like the Wrs we have now.

I challenge anyone calling Chandler a #2 tight end to list 32 better tight ends in the league right now. Guys like Ebron are debatable because all there is to go on is athleticism.

That's like saying Orton was a #1 qb because there are a lot of bad Qbs. I like Chandler but you can do so much better. Please watch NE or No and see what a weapon the TE could be.

That's like saying Orton was a #1 qb because there are a lot of bad Qbs. I like Chandler but you can do so much better. Please watch NE or No and see what a weapon the TE could be.

I understand that it would be nice to have a Gronk or Jimmy Graham, but there are only so many of them. Chandler is one of the best 32 tight ends in the league. He'd also benefit from having Brady or Brees throwing to him.

Again, grain of salt, but it certainly is interesting.

I especially find it interesting that a TE/big WR is top priority. I might have guessed another guard.

I would absolutely hope another guard. If for no other reason, Incognito hasn't played a down in 1 1/2 seasons. What if he's no longer "got it"? And then there's the question of, if RI is your LG, do you really have a workable RG option between the rest of them?

im not sure every team has a #1 caliber TE

I guess that is where the disconnect is for me. For some people, there are probably only 10-12 #1 tight ends in the league. It doesn't make sense to me when there are 32 teams. JMO.

I understand that it would be nice to have a Gronk or Jimmy Graham, but there are only so many of them. Chandler is one of the best 32 tight ends in the league. He'd also benefit from having Brady or Brees throwing to him.

Fair point and I like Chandler. But he is going older and slower. And he doesn't play like a 6'7" guy. I'd love to keep him on the roster and draft a guy with some elite skills. JMo.

A tight end would make a young qb so much better.

I guess that is where the disconnect is for me. For some people, there are probably only 10-12 #1 tight ends in the league. It doesn't make sense to me when there are 32 teams. JMO.

the way I see it is, the rest are usually looking to upgrade. We are one of them. Tbh, there aren't 32 #1 caliber QBs in the league either.

Fair point and I like Chandler. But he is going older and slower. And he doesn't play like a 6'7" guy. I'd love to keep him on the roster and draft a guy with some elite skills. JMo.

A tight end would make a young qb so much better.

I agree. I'm all for improvement at every position so if we can bring in someone better, I'd be all for it.

Yeah, Jake Locker or Mark Sanchez are going to get free agents going crazy. Face it, it's EJ or some burn out another team(s) has given up on. Teams don't give up on good qbs.

And I think they draft a TE real early. Maxx Williams or Nick O'Leary work for me.

I hear you. I just hope we pull off a miracle and bring in someone who actually can play. I like both those TEs a lot.

the way I see it is, the rest are usually looking to upgrade. We are one of them. Tbh, there aren't 32 #1 caliber QBs in the league either.

I guess I'm just being too literal with it because I agree there aren't 32 great QB's, but there are 32 starters.

I guess I'm just being too literal with it because I agree there aren't 32 great QB's, but there are 32 starters.

there actually aren't 32 starting QBs. IMO the only teams with a starting QB are those who aren't expecting a QB competition in TC. They aren't all established starters because they could easily hit the bench after a bad game or 2.

I would absolutely hope another guard. If for no other reason, Incognito hasn't played a down in 1 1/2 seasons. What if he's no longer "got it"? And then there's the question of, if RI is your LG, do you really have a workable RG option between the rest of them?

Exactly. I'm hopeful that RI is still in 2012-13 form. But C. Williams never showed us much, and Richardson is still a project even if showed flashes.

As for the big WR/TE, if you are someone like Jordan Cameron, do you come to Buffalo without a QB? Seattle is interested...others. Can we get a QB in place SOON to actively generate free agent interest?

Look at the other side of the table. What teams with QB's need a TE? Teams with good QB's already have good TE's. The only one out there without a good TE is Seattle. Atlanta would be the team I think that would want him most. Matt Ryan and Cameron, with Julio and White? Bring in a young RB and patch that D up all over the place (add Hughes?). GB could use a TE but I don't see them as the type to pursue Cameron.

so if they can get Cameron here on a reasonable contract it would be the sale of the century. I just can't see him going somewhere else without a QB. I also heard he wants to be out west. I can see him going to Seattle or Oakland. Or even GB who could use a TE like that and of course he'd be playing with Rogers. Unless the Bills offer signif more than anyone else I don't see it. And with his injury history, not sure he's worth a huge contract right now. His best bet is probably to take a 2 yr deal to put him in position to put up huge numbers, hope to stay healthy for a couple years, and then go back to FA for a mega TE deal.

Seattle sinking money in to Cameron and him coming thru without breaking would put them in New Orleans situation in 2 years or less. It'd be good for them, they'd be able to return to the SB the next two years as is but that'd put them over the top. Seattle getting him is a bit of a dream situation but the nightmare would be the reality of it and how much money it will take up.

Oakland with Carr would be ideal, a great matchup. Oakland isn't far from shocking people. They're my 2015 surprise team. They're going to be in the bubble of playoff teams.

there actually aren't 32 starting QBs. IMO the only teams with a starting QB are those who aren't expecting a QB competition in TC. They aren't all established starters because they could easily hit the bench after a bad game or 2.

Now that is an interesting way of viewing it. Can't really disagree with that at all.

I challenge anyone calling Chandler a #2 tight end to list 32 better tight ends in the league right now. Guys like Ebron are debatable because all there is to go on is athleticism.

I am with you. But, having a legit TE, one of the top 12 in the league is absolutely huge. The TE position is the best position to create a mismatch on the field. There are not 32 TE's better then Chandler but he is a not what you'd call an every down TE. He is a 3rd down short yardage situational, red zone or spot time TE.

The best TE's in this league, again, set the bar for the rest. We need to be setting a bar.

He won't be there at 50. We'd have to trade up to get him, and you know what would happen here if that happens. :bag: