Kane and Incognito, a sign of things to come?

KDIGGZ

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's an ass.

The same could be said for a lot of former Bills, including the HOF-ers during the bickering years. But it didn't define who they eventually became as they grew up.

What happens outside the "60 minutes" is pretty immaterial, IMO. But in the instantanious information age we now live in, that aspect of 'the game' is sadly going away...

The Bills went out on a limb and signed arguably one of the most hated players in the league when they picked up Richie Incognito. Rex wanted him so Terry and Kim met with him and gave him their seal of approval. Miraculously, he's a changed man they concluded from their sit down with him. There have been rumors that equally hated RB Ray Rice might be next as he shares strong ties with the Pegula's from their sports agency.

Mere days later, Terry and Kim's other team pulled off a blockbuster trade giving away the only valuable players left on the Sabres for another troubled player, Evander Kane. From trouble with fans, coaches, and teammates, the guy was basically run out of Winnipeg. Terry and Kim welcomed him with open arms and said that he just needed a fresh start.

So my question is, are Terry and Kim just naive? Or are they on to something? Is Buffalo going to be a destination for troubled players from around the league? Or are they just asking for trouble?

There are so many ridiculous threads of random "conspiracies," etc. on this board. Many will see this thread as the same. My two cents: While RI clearly has a more (perceived or real) checkered past than Kane, I absolutely have to say this is one of the more interesting topics I've seen started. I'm actually interested in everyone's thoughts.

I'd like to see all the Bills fans that call RI a POS, do so to his face.

Haha and what would that prove? He's freaking crazy. That won't make him any less of a POS. There is like a 15 year history of him being a wack job.

FYI, I saw him out during SB week. He has 2" and 100 lbs. On me and craziness. I gave him a head nod and he must have liked my Bills hat since he signed.

I sincerely hope he grew up with his time off. I doubt it but if he did, good for him and good for the Bills. But he has done a lot of POS stuff in his life. Why Deny that?

Honestly, I don't care what they think; I care what I think. It's douchebaggery pure and simple. That said, I really don't care much. If he's an ass, he's an ass. There are lots of 'em in professional sports. If you ever met these guys you'd likely think they were a-holes. My nephew played football at St. Joe's and quit it for track, partly because of the douchebaggery of people like Chad Kelly. Yet if the Bills drafted Chad Kelly, people would say he's a misunderstood 22 year old. He's an ass.

I think Kelly is way more of a bag than Kane. Has Kane ever been arrested?

• 5 months later...

The Bills went out on a limb and signed arguably one of the most hated players in the league when they picked up Richie Incognito. Rex wanted him so Terry and Kim met with him and gave him their seal of approval. Miraculously, he's a changed man they concluded from their sit down with him. There have been rumors that equally hated RB Ray Rice might be next as he shares strong ties with the Pegula's from their sports agency.

Mere days later, Terry and Kim's other team pulled off a blockbuster trade giving away the only valuable players left on the Sabres for another troubled player, Evander Kane. From trouble with fans, coaches, and teammates, the guy was basically run out of Winnipeg. Terry and Kim welcomed him with open arms and said that he just needed a fresh start.

So my question is, are Terry and Kim just naive? Or are they on to something? Is Buffalo going to be a destination for troubled players from around the league? Or are they just asking for trouble?

This is an excellent post.The Pegulas are not making great decisions if Incognito represents their standards.