Mike Glennon generating buzz as Bucs trade candidate

HOUSE

With yet another weak crop of quarterbacks set to hit the market next month, Tampa Bay Buccaneers backup Mike Glennon is generating buzz as a trade target for the second time since general manager Jason Licht and coach Lovie Smith took control of the organization last offseason.

Although Lovie Smith has publicly touted Glennon as the quarterback of the future, his actions suggest otherwise.

The ideal trade partner is one with an unproven quarterback yet to establish himself as the answer, such as the Browns (Johnny Manziel), Bills (EJ Manuel), Titans (Zach Mettenberger) and Jets (Geno Smith).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000469567/article/mike-glennon-generating-buzz-as-bucs-trade-candidate

Edited by HOUSE

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought for sure AArdvark meant something else?

some biblical story maybe. Something about a boat?

not sure.

I thought I read that GRo likes his QBs mobile.

i thought he liked them wireless in general.

No land lines for his guy!

ground and pound Baby.

Ahead of the curve!

With yet another weak crop of quarterbacks set to hit the market next month, Tampa Bay Buccaneers backup Mike Glennon is generating buzz as a trade target for the second time since general manager Jason Licht and coach Lovie Smith took control of the organization last offseason.

Although Lovie Smith has publicly touted Glennon as the quarterback of the future, his actions suggest otherwise.

The ideal trade partner is one with an unproven quarterback yet to establish himself as the answer, such as the Browns (Johnny Manziel), Bills (EJ Manuel), Titans (Zach Mettenberger) and Jets (Geno Smith).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000469567/article/mike-glennon-generating-buzz-as-bucs-trade-candidate

I don't understand this logic at all. Glennon is an unproven QB who couldn't unseat an underperforming, underwhelming McCown, so the ideal team that would like to trade for him would be a team which already has an unproven QB?