Measles Epidemic?

I'm sure someone who knows more about this than me can answer, but didn't they stop using Mercury in vaccinations 15 years ago?

And speaking of our basic freedoms:

Regardless of what anyone else thinks, I fully stand behind my choices as a mom, including my choice not to vaccinate my son, because it is my fundamental right as a parent to decide which eradicated diseases come roaring back.

The decision to cause a full-blown, multi-state pandemic of a virus that was effectively eliminated from the national population generations ago is my choice alone, and regardless of your personal convictions, that right should never be taken away from a childs parent. Never.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/i-dont-vaccinate-my-child-because-its-my-right-to,37839/

Edited by Rob's House

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My beliefs on the topic are posted in the thread.

Start on page four.

Yes you do, and further, you know why you do

Then take it up with the CDC, who are still classifying as and outbreak.

CDC's classifying it as an epidemic. I don't need to take it up with them. And I might start considering relevant what the WHO says about the US measles epidemic if they actually get around to saying something about it.

CDC's classifying it as an epidemic. I don't need to take it up with them. And I might start considering relevant what the WHO says about the US measles epidemic if they actually get around to saying something about it.

From the CDC website, I'm seeing it categorized as an outbreak. As far as the WHO goes, they'll get to it once were past the point of routine illness, or more than fewer than two statistical deaths. Edited by TakeYouToTasker

My beliefs on the topic are posted in the thread.

Start on page four.

Yes you do, and further, you know why you do

Then take it up with the CDC, who are still classifying as and outbreak.

Okay, so you say that we are "convinced" to do things by our government by the installment of consequences, correct? At least, in the driving analogy, fines and punishments for driving on the correct side. Do you take moral offense to that? If not, why can't we do the same for vaccination. We don't need to force folks to be vaccinated, just write a law that says if you don't, you get fines/deported/jailed etc. Would that be okay? Edited by FireChan

"Missing from the national conversation on vaccines, which is escalating due to media-driven hysteria over measles, are any viewpoints that deviate from the official story. Reporters, columnists, doctors, scientists and others who agree with the myth that vaccines are safe and effective are the only ones being given a voice.

Brave dissenters like cardiologist Dr. Jack Wolfson, an outspoken vaccine skeptic, is right now experiencing the fury of the media for his unpopular, but accurate, viewpoints on vaccines. Dr. Wolfson recognizes that injecting chemicals into children's bodies isn't helping them avoid disease, but rather making them more susceptible to it."

Don't have much of an opinion. I was simply pointing out that much of the NWO and related conspiracy theories involve, on some level, anti-Semitism. You'll find that most people who believe things similar to you (not necessarily Christian, though) are also well-versed in things like Holocaust denial

I see, I am a Bible Believer and as such I believe the Jews are God's chosen people and am a supporter of them as a nation and ethnicity but don't support Jewish religion.

the persecution of the Jews has gone on for centuries from the Babylonian captivity until this day and will continue until Christ returns and sets up his kingdom in Jerusalem. (yes I believe the holocaust happened).

Hi I am in medicine PM me if you want credentials. Do you think a cardiologist whose awakening about the "truth" about vaccines came when his new chiropractor wife "educated" him is the most reliable authority on vaccines.

Can you think of two "doctors" whose jobs require them to know less about vaccines? Neither of them would _ever_ give a patient a vaccine in most parts of the U.S. Neither of them is likely to _ever_ deal with a patient suffering from a vaccine preventable illness.

There are literally thousands of physicians in this country strongly advocating vaccination and you are listening to the one outlier whose career puts him in the worst possible place to understand vaccine preventable illness?

We aren't going to change your mind- but go read any reputable source. i posted several in the previous flu shot thread.

Ellis Island was there for a reason. People entering the USA were medically screened before entry. Now that there is no border control, everyone arrives and so do all the diseases that were previously extinct here.

Every kid hated those shots but they did mostly prove effective.

Okay, so you say that we are "convinced" to do things by our government by the installment of consequences, correct? At least, in the driving analogy, fines and punishments for driving on the correct side. Do you take moral offense to that? If not, why can't we do the same for vaccination. We don't need to force folks to be vaccinated, just write a law that says if you don't, you get fines/deported/jailed etc. Would that be okay?

Again, you're straw manning.

Stop conflating rights with priviledges. Driving is a privilidge, and there are reasonable restrictions placed on that act.

"Existing" is a right, and no just conditions can be placed on existing.

I reject the entire premise of your argument.

Again, you're straw manning.

Stop conflating rights with priviledges. Driving is a privilidge, and there are reasonable restrictions placed on that act.

"Existing" is a right, and no just conditions can be placed on existing.

I reject the entire premise of your argument.

Immigrating to the US and living here is not a "right."

I see, I am a Bible Believer and as such I believe the Jews are God's chosen people and am a supporter of them as a nation and ethnicity but don't support Jewish religion.

the persecution of the Jews has gone on for centuries from the Babylonian captivity until this day and will continue until Christ returns and sets up his kingdom in Jerusalem. (yes I believe the holocaust happened).

"God's chosen people" and "supporter of them as a nation" ... because that's the only way for Christ to return and cast the Jews and other non believers to Hell.

That's the reality you're pushing. But you're right, it's not antisemitic at all. :lol:

Fair enough. I'm just not sure what vaccines have to do with your eschatology.

"God's chosen people" and "supporter of them as a nation" ... because that's the only way for Christ to return and cast the Jews and other non believers to Hell.

That's the reality you're pushing. But you're right, it's not antisemitic at all. :lol:

Actually, many fundamentalist Christians believe, based on several prophetic writings and themes in the Bible, that many faithful Jews will be saved during the last days.

Forcing immigrants to get vaccinated.

You don't have a right to live in the US. The US doesn't need to infringe on your right to exist, just your privilege to exist here.

The Right to Travel is an essential Natural Right, which long predates the formation of Nation States. But that's neither here nor there, and I'm not going to get into a debate about requiring vacciniation as part of a comprehensive immigration reforms and control as I honestly don't have an opinion on that, and could be convinced either way, though I think implementation would likely be impracticle, and foolishly expensive to administer, with diminishing returns on the efforts once you get past a 92-94% imunization rate.

My larger concern is simply: what do you do with the US citizens who are already here, who obsensively do have the right to exist here, who don't want to vaccinate?

Edited by TakeYouToTasker