Measles Epidemic?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Right to Travel is an essential Natural Right, which long predates the formation of Nation States. But that's neither here nor there.

What do you do with the US citizens who are already here, who obsensively do have the right to exist here.

Seeing as it's what I'm talking about, it is relevant. The right to travel is already infringed upon with the requirement for passports and the like. What's one more infringement for the protection of the health of our citizens?

What do I do with the US citizens already here? I levy fines and quarantine those who do not get vaccinated. I see little to no difference between the infringing of natural rights to protect the public from communicable disease outbreaks under quarantine and infringing to protect the public from those who are not vaccinated. In fact, the only difference is that one group is solely composed of idiots who are being infringed upon due to their own stupidity and/or ignorance.

Knowing more about you, I fear you're against quarantine as well, so I realize the comparison may be lost on you.

Edited by FireChan

Seeing as it's what I'm talking about, it is relevant. The right to travel is already infringed upon with the requirement for passports and the like. What's one more infringement for the protection of the health of our citizens?

What do I do with the US citizens already here? I levy fines and quarantine those who do not get vaccinated. I see little to no difference between the infringing of natural rights to protect the public from communicable disease outbreaks under quarantine and infringing to protect the public from those who are not vaccinated. In fact, the only difference is that one group is solely composed of idiots who are being infringed upon due to their own stupidity and/or ignorance.

Knowing more about you, I fear you're against quarantine as well, so I realize the comparison may be lost on you.

Read my edited post.

And you're right, I object to quarantine except under the most dire or extreme of circumstances (think Ebola). Measles most certainly does not qualify, given a domestic fatality rate of 0.3%. In fact, I'd be in favor of any public officials who attempted a quarantine over measles being dragged out into the street and summarily executed like rabid dogs.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

The Right to Travel is an essential Natural Right, which long predates the formation of Nation States. But that's neither here nor there, and I'm not going to get into a debate about requiring vacciniation as part of a comprehensive immigration reforms and control as I honestly don't have an opinion on that, and could be convinced either way, though I think implementation would likely be impracticle, and foolishly expensive to administer, with diminishing returns on the efforts once you get past a 92-94% imunization rate.

My larger concern is simply: what do you do with the US citizens who are already here, who obsensively do have the right to exist here, who don't want to vaccinate?

Okay, I'll consider the immigrant part irrelevant then.

Read my edited post.

And you're right, I object to quarantine except under the most dire or extreme of circumstances (think Ebola). Measles most certainly does not qualify, given a domestic fatality rate of 0.3%. In fact, I'd be in favor of any public officials who attempted a quarantine over measles being dragged out into the street and summarily executed like rabid dogs.

What was the fatality rate of Ebola in the US? I honestly don't remember.

I don't suggest the implementation of an actual quarantine, merely the threat. You can consider that the domestic fatality rate makes this issue irrelevant, but when I consider the children that die due to someone's ignorance, something should be done. Just because nothing is being done now doesn't make it right. I'm sure there are punishments for causing things with a domestic fatality rate lower than .3%. I'm actually looking right now, so I'll get back to that.

I am a Canadian Jew who is vaccinated. My child is also vaccinated. Am I allowed to enter Disneyland?

I heard ol' Walt wasn't too fond of the tribe. He'll be spinning in his cryogenic chamber.

whoa, Dude, that isn't really cool....Walt Disney has some Canadian blood in him...i seriously doubt he has anything against our fine neighbors to the north

I heard ol' Walt wasn't too fond of the tribe. He'll be spinning in his cryogenic chamber.

"God's chosen people" and "supporter of them as a nation" ... because that's the only way for Christ to return and cast the Jews and other non believers to Hell.

That's the reality you're pushing. But you're right, it's not antisemitic at all. :lol:

It's not antisemitic, it's judging people for their faith in Jesus as their only way of eternal life. being a Jew or any other ethnicity has nothing to do with salvation.

John 3: [15] That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

[16] For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

[17] For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

After converting of course, posthumously or not :beer:

no second chances, only in this life can you trust in Jesus.

Heb 9:[27] And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Fair enough. I'm just not sure what vaccines have to do with your eschatology.

Actually, many fundamentalist Christians believe, based on several prophetic writings and themes in the Bible, that many faithful Jews will be saved during the last days.

you are correct sir;

Zech 12 [10]

And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Zech 13 [9]

And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

It's not antisemitic, it's judging people for their faith in Jesus as their only way of eternal life. being a Jew or any other ethnicity has nothing to do with salvation.

John 3: [15] That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

[16] For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

[17] For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

The logic that you support Israel's right to exist, not because you care about the fate of its people but because it's a requirement to fulfill scripture, is about as hateful as it gets. Especially when the culmination of that prophecy is the condemnation to hell of every non-believer -- starting with those of the Jewish faith residing in the Holy Land.

Attaching the same prophesy into your rationale for not getting vaccinated isn't hateful, it's just woefully ignorant. And I'm a guy who loves conspiracy theories and alternative takes on history.

The logic that you support Israel's right to exist, not because you care about the fate of its people but because it's a requirement to fulfill scripture, is about as hateful as it gets. Especially when the culmination of that prophecy is the condemnation to hell of every non-believer -- starting with those of the Jewish faith residing in the Holy Land.

Attaching the same prophesy into your rationale for not getting vaccinated isn't hateful, it's just woefully ignorant. And I'm a guy who loves conspiracy theories and alternative takes on history.

it starts with the Anti christ and his Army at Armageddon, who are not Jewish.

I care about the fate of all people and to say that because Israel is God's people is somehow is antisemitic is not logic.

It may seem crazy put in prophecy but ultimately people want to know why the Government would harm us. So you explain conspiracy, then they want to know where that comes from which leads to prophecy.

a very well written and thoughtful piece on the subject of anti vaxers: http://www.kevinmd.com/blog/2015/02/cure-anti-vaxxers.html. i don't think she was envisioning the aptly named buffalo barbarian when she wrote it however.

Good article, outside of his ideas on fines and "disbarring" anti-vaxxer doctors, I agree with his sentiments.

Good article, outside of his ideas on fines and "disbarring" anti-vaxxer doctors, I agree with his sentiments.

actually, she's a plastic surgeon in austin. i don't think disbarring was her intent. i think board discipline such as public reprimand, a cease and desist letter and finally suspension if they won't comply is her intent. same as would be done for any doctor systematically espousing or using dangerous practices. she makes a strong argument.

• 2 weeks later...