Repulsif

Taking a guess...

1 QB

2 OGs

1 RB

1 TEs

1 DT

1 CB/S

Is there a write up associated with this?

Edit: I'm dumb, I thought this was a static infographic.... clicking brings up the article (which has already been discussed around here)...

Edited by Dorkington

Bills 7 players short according to this.

What makes a Super Bowl contender? When Pro Football Focus analyzed the 28 teams that played in the conference championship games for the 2007 to 2013 seasons, it found that, on average, 40 percent of those rosters were composed of good/elite players (you had to play 250-plus snaps to qualify). Using that methodology, PFF determined how many above-average players stood between your team and contending for this year's Super Bowl.

If we could somehow find a "good" QB (going by their standards) Woods and Sammy would probably be converted to the good column as well. That's 3 of the 7 we need right there.

Gilmore is listed as average; he could move to good next year all on his own and he's already on the team. That's not a stretch; his potential upside is more than average.

That's 4.

Sign a good Guard. That's 5.

Bring in Revis. That's 6.

Their stats fail to account for a kicker. A kicker can have a profound impact on a lot of close games, and we have the most money kicker in the game.

That's 7!

It goes to show with the right offseason adjustments (and somehow finding a "GOOD" QB) a team like the Bills could go from where we ended last season to being an AFC contender in the playoffs.

If we could somehow find a "good" QB (going by their standards) Woods and Sammy would probably be converted to the good column as well. That's 3 of the 7 we need right there.

Gilmore is listed as average; he could move to good next year all on his own and he's already on the team. That's not a stretch; his potential upside is more than average.

That's 4.

Sign a good Guard. That's 5.

Bring in Revis. That's 6.

Their stats fail to account for a kicker. A kicker can have a profound impact on a lot of close games, and we have the most money kicker in the game.

That's 7!

It goes to show with the right offseason adjustments (and somehow finding a "GOOD" QB) a team like the Bills could go from where we ended last season to being an AFC contender in the playoffs.

Good stuff right there!! I find it hard to believe that Gilmore and Watkins are at average (to a lesser extent Woods). Gilmore is a top 20 CB now and I'd say Watkins is in the same neighborhood.

The article states it as almost exactly how I see it. I don't think I can disagree with anything, in fact.

- QB is obviously far and away the number one need

- OL (except for LT) needs revamped in a big way

- TE is a huge void

- Beyond that id like to see a starting caliber LB and a DB added

The only thing that makes this list scary is the glaring need at QB. The help needed on the offensive side of the ball - especially on the OL - isn't going to make the Bills an attractive landing spot for a QB either.

Edited by BarleyNY

I'm leaning to Mario being elite, not just good. Also, I know Kiko didn't play last year but, he is an added piece that should be factored in.

Good point about Alonso; I think I forgot about him in my list up thread.

He has to be considered "good" and not just "average".

I'm leaning to Mario being elite, not just good. Also, I know Kiko didn't play last year but, he is an added piece that should be factored in.

He was a 1st team All-Pro with like 14 sacks. If that isn't elite than what is??? Mario was the 2nd best DE in the league behind only Watt.

This. The article lost all respect when Mario was left out of the "elite" class.

Edited by Mark80

Good point about Alonso; I think I forgot about him in my list up thread.

He has to be considered "good" and not just "average".

Let's see how he does after a year of rehab. His rookie season was a fairy tale early and it moved to pedestrian at the end. Could be he ran out of gas, could be teams found weaknesses, could be he was playing out of position. He could come back bigger, stronger, faster and thrive in Ryan's defense, but, why don't we give him some time on the field.

Beerball

how dare you question The Legend of Kiko!!! shame on you!! ;)

Let's see how he does after a year of rehab. His rookie season was a fairy tale early and it moved to pedestrian at the end. Could be he ran out of gas, could be teams found weaknesses, could be he was playing out of position. He could come back bigger, stronger, faster and thrive in Ryan's defense, but, why don't we give him some time on the field.

He was a 1st team All-Pro with like 14 sacks. If that isn't elite than what is??? Mario was the 2nd best DE in the league behind only Watt.

I submit, as I have before, that MW is a more complete DE than Watt.

GO BILLS!!!