Julian Edelman's one night stand... LOL

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shes good looking. Im with you there. But not a 10. That's for sure.

I guess the dudes are expecting a sb winner to score something better than just a little over average.

Curious, you name her fine. Fine to me is 8 9 or 10. What # do you give her?

She's a 7.5 at best to me.

Ah, the number-scale test. It's always funny to me how many 7's get awarded in the number-scale evaluation. I believe that it's far, far too common for 5s and 6s to be given 7s.

Think of it this way: a 10 is often called a "perfect 10" for that exact reason; a 10 means perfect-looking. Anything less than perfect is a 9 at best.

Working down from there, an 8 would be very good looking, a 7 well above-average, and a 6 is slightly above average (remember, since the scale is, presumably, 1-10, a 5.5 is average).

All that said, the girl in the photo is a 6 at best to me. Perhaps in person she'd be better or worse.

Ah, the number-scale test. It's always funny to me how many 7's get awarded in the number-scale evaluation. I believe that it's far, far too common for 5s and 6s to be given 7s.

Think of it this way: a 10 is often called a "perfect 10" for that exact reason; a 10 means perfect-looking. Anything less than perfect is a 9 at best.

Working down from there, an 8 would be very good looking, a 7 well above-average, and a 6 is slightly above average (remember, since the scale is, presumably, 1-10, a 5.5 is average).

All that said, the girl in the photo is a 6 at best to me. Perhaps in person she'd be better or worse.

unless 7 is a "C" or average, and then 5-6 is where you start to fall into "failing" territory

unless 7 is a "C" or average, and then 5-6 is where you start to fall into "failing" territory

I gave her a 3.5 but she's probably a 5. She's the test that you didn't study for, left 3 questions blank and prayed that you made it through unscathed. You underachieved but are just happy that it's over with.

I suppose a 7 could be considered average if the sum total of above-average looking women on the planet was greater than the sum-total of below-average looking women, but I always assume, for the purpose of the rating scale, that the median value (5.5) represents the mean "hotness factor" of all women on the planet. Hence, IMO, a 5.5 is average.

Your comment, not that I don't understand where you're coming from, is the shining example of why I think too many 7's are awarded.

I suppose a 7 could be considered average if the sum total of above-average looking women on the planet was greater than the sum-total of below-average looking women, but I always assume, for the purpose of the rating scale, that the median value (5.5) represents the mean "hotness factor" of all women on the planet. Hence, IMO, a 5.5 is average.

Your comment, not that I don't understand where you're coming from, is the shining example of why I think too many 7's are awarded.

Scaling and distribution are two different concepts. In order to have proper scaling and objective measure I believe the two should be independent as Kirby outlined. In wealthy nations, I don't think its unreasonable to assume a negatively skewed distribution with higher kurtosis where the mean falls north of 5 and you see strong representation at the 6 and low 7 mark tailing off again into the 8s and quite thin at 9 and 10.

Scaling and distribution are two different concepts. In order to have proper scaling and objective measure I believe the two should be independent as Kirby outlined. In wealthy nations, I don't think its unreasonable to assume a negatively skewed distribution with higher kurtosis where the mean falls north of 5 and you see strong representation at the 6 and low 7 mark tailing off again into the 8s and quite thin at 9 and 10.

I hear you...admittedly I am conflating the two concepts for the purpose of trying to establish some level of uniformity for this particular discussion.

On the whole, I do agree that the skewed distribution of wealth applies to the scale.

i'm sure most of you guys would get with her if you were drunk and single and she offered. you wouldn't be proud of it or want people on the internet to know about it but this kind of stuff happens at 4am when you are young, drunk, and stupid

i'm sure most of you guys would get with her if you were drunk and single and she offered. you wouldn't be proud of it or want people on the internet to know about it but this kind of stuff happens at 4am when you are young, drunk, and stupid

It shouldn't happen if you are young, drunk, stupid and coming off of a 92 catch season.

It shouldn't happen if you are young, drunk, stupid and coming off of a 92 catch season.

Maybe he's just looking for a change of pace? Been going out in a tux eating steak au poivre for 364 days straight and then said f@#$ it, I'm wearing sweat pants today, commando, and going to White Castle.

Edited by Jauronimo

Shes good looking. Im with you there. But not a 10. That's for sure.

I guess the dudes are expecting a sb winner to score something better than just a little over average.

Curious, you name her fine. Fine to me is 8 9 or 10. What # do you give her?

She's a 7.5 at best to me.

You're forgetting that when it's 2 AM and you've properly applied booze goggles, all scores go up by 2. 9.5, given the probable circumstances.

She is coyote ugly!!! It's a good thing Edelman didn't wake up first the way he was sleeping with his right arm extended. He woulda had to gnaw that thing off to get away. Such a rookie mistake to stretch your arms out when in bed with someone you met wearing beer goggles.